6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1784 8 years ago

Wow, nice job. I picked up a SS last week in similar condition, maybe a little better, but terrifying area was, well, terrifying. I'll touch it up, play the game for a while and then decide if i want to do a swap.

1 week later
#1799 8 years ago

Those look like rivets, mine are clearly screws. You likely will need to drill them out.

#1804 8 years ago

Looking for a set of cabinet decals, if anyone has a set they want to unload, PM me. Be interested in a playfield too, possibly.

1 week later
#1808 8 years ago

Picked up a SS a few weeks back and finished shopping it out over the weekend. Top tear down, flame polish ramps, new rubbers and coil sleeves all around, fixed a few things and replaced parts, full Leds, added spider hole light, repaired shooter lane, fixed spot near crate with decal, fully cliffy set installed. There's one spot to the right of the decal that the decal didn't cover and needs work. Rest of game is in great shape.

Plays fantastic and really like it a lot. It's not difficult, but has such great character, much like monster bash. I completed all the numbers up the middle and hit the jackpot so I think this means I completed monster MB. Game went nuts, the same way Lotr does when you complete destroy the ring...pleasant surprise to see it happen as destroying the ring is one of the best things you can do in all of pinball. Scored 27 mil, 3 ball factory, except extra ball awarded instead of credits.

I'll get more pics up...love this game and family does too.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#1812 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I took some pics recently of my Scared Stiff for a potential buyer. Fell through, and I can't say I'm unhappy, letting of this pin is hard. Long as we're posting pics I'll add mine.
IMG_0774.jpeg IMG_0772.jpeg IMG_0770.jpeg IMG_0768.jpeg IMG_0767.jpeg

Looks nice, like the way you lit the backbox. Need some new cab decals, but they look better than mine.

#1818 8 years ago

Here's a few more pics of mine all shopped out. I put a green LED strip in the ball trough and lit up the monster dudes on the slings. Game is in pretty good shape now. Only issues are a touch up to the right of the terrifying decal that I had to do and a crack at the front of the right ramp, where the screw holds the metal ball guide/protector. I've done a lot to it so far, including repairing shooter lane, tearing down topside and cleaning everything, including flame polishing the ramps, replacing left flipper opto board, full LED (I used Comet for this game), added a red LED strip at the left back, fixed the Green lock light on the ramp that would not light. I think that's about it. Cab decals will be next. My high score so far is 43 mil, I completed monster MB twice already. It's not a hard game, but it's pretty fun. Hope it has staying power.

20150925_075918.jpg20150925_075918.jpg
20150925_080002.jpg20150925_080002.jpg

Cabinet decals totally faded

20150925_080024.jpg20150925_080024.jpg
20150925_080030.jpg20150925_080030.jpg

But, I scored these...

20150925_080056.jpg20150925_080056.jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#1858 8 years ago

Made a new spider mod, thought it came out pretty sweet! Suspended over the crate, doesn't block the rollover lanes.

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_5.jpegimage_5.jpeg

2 weeks later
#1867 8 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

#2. I tried to add Ablaze Ghostbuster LED lights to the Deadhead lanes, spell targets and other spots.
( One of the Lights will remain on constantly on the end. Never middle Light ) The game goal / features (Bony Beast, Tales)
will all light up regardless if they have been activated.
I took out all the Leds and replaced them with standard bulbs and the game works fine. Any ideas on why I'm having issues with
the LEDS, and Flasher Test?
Also how do you upgrade the Roms? Haven't found any links to sources on any of this stuff yet.

Sounds like you have either a polarity issue or wiring/diode issue with the lanes. Flip the bulbs 180' and see what happens.

You can get roms from John wart Jr...google him.

2 weeks later
#1900 8 years ago

I've gotten mirror blades on mine, plenty of room.

#1912 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a bit like a mystery award, there are a handful of things you can get. Not a ball save though.

I thought one of the awards was a ball save.

On the switch, just replace it or bend it up slightly to see if that helps.

#1922 8 years ago

Cool, I'd be interested in a set

2 weeks later
#1939 8 years ago

Installed a lit up ghost yesterday...looks like he's floating above pf.

20151227_124627_(resized).jpg20151227_124627_(resized).jpg

2 years later
#2838 5 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Boney Beast LED strip light tied into Beast Head Flasher
Need to give a nod to visi0n post #2026 on this thread for giving me the inspiration for this mod.
Also thanks to Rob at Lermods for working with me to make it happen.
Below pictures show my yellow/gold LED strip which is attached to the beast bones using small white zip ties. Power is coming from the flasher bulb in the head of the beast. So anytime the flasher is triggered then the entire ramp is illuminated. This makes the mod nicely integrated with the game play. Flasher triggers for boney beast ramp shots, coffin multi-ball, post game light show.....fades in and out.....looks great.
Rob said that he plans to make this SS mod available at Lermods. Sounds like his price is going to be quite reasonable and will include a dimmer to fine tune brightness to individual preference.....I am running mine at roughly 70% brightness.
It is a small challenge to get the LED strip to curve around some of the tight bends on the ramp, I tied the strip under the bones at nearly every bone joint. I was also concerned about the light strip being damaged by the ball popping up out of the spyder hole. Have about 50 games on it since install and no problem so far.
Overall I am really happy with this mod and hope that some of you may like having it as well. Sorry that I do not know how to put video link up for everyone to see.

We will have this up on our website soon. If anyone wants one let me know via pm. Install is very simple, just remove the bony beast head and hook to the flasher lugs. The gold led strip gets run along the bony beast via zip ties, which we will supply as well. We are thinking $45 shipped is fair. It will also come with a small pot dimmer so you can adjust brightness.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.