New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29319)

SCARED STIFF Club...Members Only

By spfxted

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,680 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by ThatOneDude
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201016_163117 (resized).jpg
20201016_195005 (resized).jpg
20201016_195010 (resized).jpg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
20200722_192834 (resized).jpg
7947A0CE-ECB5-43E3-9DBB-A7DDBB38FAED (resized).jpeg
20200701_165150 (resized).jpg
20200701_165145 (resized).jpg
20200701_165135 (resized).jpg
IMG-1240 (resized).jpg
IMG-1239 (resized).jpg
IMG-1238 (resized).jpg
IMG-7269 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 7 years ago

Im in

027.JPG

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Has anyone else forgot about the leapers when playing with the glass off? I had to laugh when the first one flew into the air.

Why are you playing with the glass off?

3 months later
#329 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

New member here

Congrats, you will love it!

2 months later
#687 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Go green. Green is perfect for SS and sort of joins in with the goo playfield art.

+1 Green looks the best, than red

#700 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Randy said they are available June 10th! Woo-hoo!

Prepare to be blown away, it's that good.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

ROM file for SS ColorDMD is now available for download. Updating my Sigma now! WooHoo!
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-scared-stiff-pinball-machine/

Whatcha think Robert?

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm LOVING it so far. I was only to play a couple of games before I had to head out so I haven't seen too much of it. But the Dancing Boogiemen mode is beautiful! I'm really looking forward to putting in a LOT more time on the game later in the week to see everything else.
For anyone wondering, I've had a red filter on my original DMD for years so I'm very familiar with that look. Once I got my Sigma last week, I had it running in green dots mode, which was a fun change and looked great. The sheer clarity of these displays far outshines a standard DMD.
I *highly* recommend this ColorDMD to any SS owner. ColorDMD has hit another one out of the park!

Awesome.... If your clear display is even slightly scratched or cloudy, replace it with a new one from pinbits ($14 I think) Agree the clarity is outstanding!

1 month later
#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

White or Black on the rubbers?

I used white and think it looks and plays great....... but than again I have white rubber on all my games.

#797 7 years ago

Go white.

#804 7 years ago

ColorDMD's website says August 2013

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok guys! I need some help. NJGecko was nice enough to come over and help me (er, he did everything, I watched) Heck...he brought his lovely daughter and SHE did more than me!
...anyway, the switch I thought had a problem was just "bonging" for lack of use. He fixed it in five seconds. Then some LED's were put in.
Now here's where I need some help...do any of youz guys have certain LED's in the backglass behind the Scared Stiff Logo? Red and green LED's maybe? Any advice? ...Thanks!

Ted, I used cool whites behind the Scared Still logo, warm whites behind Elvira (for flesh tones) and I put a color changer behind the monster in the upper right hand side. Looks sweet. Color match the spider inserts to your liking.
Doug

#819 7 years ago

I didn't like the green or red behind the logo..... But give it a try. You may like it

2 months later
#926 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Finally got my Scared Stiff up against the wall, this EATPM restore has taken over the garage, had to shift things around. Luckily I just need to let the clear cure a bit and then I can reassemble Elvira and clean up. In the meantime at least I can play SS!

Dang..... That's a good looking SS you got.

image.jpg 864 KB

image-830.jpg 964 KB

#933 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right??!! If you look carefully you might see the shooter is undergoing upgrades ...

Hmmmm, it looks smaller.
How bout a close up pic?

#937 7 years ago

That looks awesome! Way better than the larger one, I bet you could sell a bunch of them if you wanted.... not like your busy or anything.

5 months later
#1304 6 years ago
Quoted from tdddddd:

Former member. Found this mod I purchased in 2004, early Skull Pile Flames, non-flickering. $45 shipped in USA. Contact me if interested. I will test it before shipping.

IMG_0318[1].JPG 114 KB

Aurich,
Your SS needs this….. IIRC

7 months later
#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

So it's taken a long time but it's finished. I still have 2 weeks to wait to get it but here are some pix.
I went a bit nuts and gave restorer free rain. So excited to almost have it home.
Restoration by Prowler.

image.jpg 114 KB

image-545.jpg 135 KB

image-380.jpg 172 KB

image-530.jpg 106 KB

image-105.jpg 140 KB

image-476.jpg 107 KB

Wow.... that looks nice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Grange Park, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside