6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3791 3 years ago

I recently picked up a scared stiff and found a pretty nice one. Only problem I am having is the spider does not stop where it is supposed to. Is there an easy way to adjust it? Or a hard way for that matter?

#3793 3 years ago

It’s stopped at about 630 on a clock when I start a game. It does stop when I press the flippers just not in the right

#3800 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

As far as I can tell, that is normal. On every game I've ever played with a working spider, you time it a little less than 2 items ahead, mine included.
Now, mine will occasionally hang, kill the current spider spin without an award and switch to the lights. It comes back online if you just shut down the machine for a bit. I suspect the stepper motor is gunked up and needs to be replaced or disassembled. It could also be a cold joint on the connector. I'll deal with that when I do the cab and playfield swap.

Does it award you the right thing when it stops? For example, if you manage to stop it on the crate, does it award the crate?
I would pull the spider arrow off of the stepper and look at the diverter. Is it broken and not blocking the optos? If it is, are the optos working? Could you have a flaky opto board or connector? Check the solder job and see if you have a cold joint. There is an aftermarket board and stepper available.

It does not give me the award its pointing at but the one that lites up.

#3801 3 years ago

Thanks for all the help. I ran out of time yesterday but going to take a look today when I get home from work.

#3803 3 years ago

I took everything apart and cleaned and the opto and made sure that the spider was put pack on and tightened properly. Same results but I realized that my spider spins counter clockwise instead of clockwise. Any ideas why it would do that? If I land on the same spot it does give a consistent wrong award btw.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3804 3 years ago

So I flipped the connector that plugs into the opto board and that corrected my problem of the spider spinning counter clockwise and it lands in the correct spot now, so it was an easy fix but I wound up removing the spider and all although I did get it all cleaned up in the process. I would never think the connector would be backwards. Thanks for everybody's help.

#3814 3 years ago

That’s strange, does it continue to happen or did it just happened that one time?

8 months later
#3910 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

What's a early HEP protoype SS worth? Game is pristine.

There was 2 recent sales for $12,500 and $10,000 in excellent condition which is kind of crazy but not sure if prototype adds any value. Is the only difference is that one of the stiffometer is different?

1 month later
#3936 2 years ago

The starting bid is high but I would expect somebody would pay that if they really need it. I doubt there any others for sale. I took my crate off recently to put a new sticker on the door and wound up losing the little spring that closes the door. I didn't realize it was there. I had to order a new one for 99 cents after looking for it for a half hour. I found it inside the speaker when I dropped a screw in the cabinet a few days later but had already installed the nos spring. lol That's probably the only part available to the mech.

1 month later
#3960 2 years ago

The metal flap has to be up even with the ramp. Take off the screws right by that part of the ramp and lift the ramp up a little and the ramp flap lifts up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.