909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2944 5 years ago

thinking of getting a SS. Is the dancing boogymen mod available to buy anywhere?

#2946 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I believe so, but don't forget...after you play Scared Stiff you'll sell that Alien!

where?

already sold my alien unfortunately. Market was just too crazy.

#2950 5 years ago

looks like a nice one - I'm on the hunt as well if anyone wants to change it up PM me.

#2951 5 years ago

So just joined the club. Looking for the dancing Boogeyman Mod. PM if you have available thanks!

#2954 5 years ago

Thanks. I saw this but thought it was spam. Has anyone ordered from there before?

#2961 5 years ago

so owning this for a day, one thing I noticed right away is how the frogs literally hit the glass when they jump. Really like that. I also know that the true way to beat this game is not just the stiffo meter but getting all the items on the spider spinner right? Is there a wizard mode once you do?

#2970 5 years ago

So what's up with the dead heads. Is it just train what you get? Same with whether the game allows dead head or pops on left popper. It's that random?

I agree with others that the game does allow you to get to scared stiff somewhat easy. If it was a tad harder it would be good although what a rush playing it and the spider.
I haven't tried the harder rules yet.... Difference?

#2972 5 years ago

what secret passage?

#2980 5 years ago

I really dig changing the crate and lock to harder - feels better. Any way to make the # of pop hits higher too? I just LOVE hitting into those pops - feels so good and sound even better.

#2982 5 years ago

Today I realized the dancing boogymen were turned off on the machine! Put that on and now they dance!

Still can't find the setting that increase required shots for the pops mode - if anyone knows lmk.

#2985 5 years ago

That's too bad. Had some of the best pops in pinball

1 month later
#3023 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Question for SS owners/players .... a guy I know has a SS and he said when he got the Stiff O Meter everything starts lighting up and going crazy but he also said about 30 seconds in the machine just shut down and then re-booted. Never owned SS so not sure of this issue....anyone ever experience this?

haven't experienced that in mine. Sounds like a power issue as the machine juices up big time. Maybe try that daughterboard fix?

#3034 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Got some great mods installed this weekend - LEDOCD, GIOCD (still not sure if this is all that helpful on this game), the bony beast eye mod, Stern anti-glare glass, speaker upgrades! And these awesome lit hinge mods:

Take some video of the eyes of possible interested to see if that's worth it. I was thinking speaker upgrade too what did you go for?

#3038 5 years ago

thanks. I already have a sub and it sounds great. My backbox speakers sound very good too. Here's the only problem - maybe it's just me but it feels like the left speaker is louder than right. I looked at the speakers and the left one is twice the size! Is that normal? Anyone experience this/ I'm wondering if i change them would it help or maybe I'm just crazy and hearing things.

Sound is very full though.

1 week later
#3067 5 years ago

any pinstadium owners out there and if so, where did you hook up the flasher and how?

1 month later
#3083 5 years ago

Hey guys - my game is playing fine but I just saw a switch 32 error. I believe that's in the trough which I have no issues with. I did try to trigger it but the ball goes through and no 32 pops. This is a 4 ball game right?

Anyone experience this?

#3086 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey guys - my game is playing fine but I just saw a switch 32 error. I believe that's in the trough which I have no issues with. I did try to trigger it but the ball goes through and no 32 pops. This is a 4 ball game right?
Anyone experience this?

Anyone have any thoughts on this before I open it up to the full forum? It's weird bc game plays fine.

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcbud:

Here is the write up from the manual for the error as well as the location of the sensor, which appears to be the second of 5 opto ball detectors in the main ball return mechanism.
Here is my take sight unseen from your description: You should be able to look at this detector directly and look for a broken connection, and if the wires are good, replace the sensor directly. Since the other four right next to it are not reporting the problem, the controller that they all connect to is likely ok.
Also, given that the other sensors are working, it makes sense that the pin will function normally as it can still count all four balls.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hear you.... So maybe there is a bad opto but bc they're are only 4 balls required and 4 of the 5 optos works it's not resulting in any gameplay issue..... Right?

2 weeks later
#3105 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Not sure if this will be helpful, but I've had a similar opto issue in the spider hole. Everything else was fine (boards, connectors, solder joints). I replaced both emitter and receiver (both white and black sides) just to be sure. Works like a charm.
Also, not sure it works with all phones. But you can hold your phone (on camera mode) over the opto emitters (and look at them through the phone screen) to make sure they are making light. Pretty cool trick

Here you can see it in action towards the end of the video.
Good luck!

This is my exact issue - I can confirm LED #2 is not lit when I look through my camera. How did you replace it and what part? Thanks

#3113 5 years ago

Does anyone know how to replace the optos or lights on the trough board as 1 of mine is out. Parts and is soldering required? I think it is...

#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Looks like it. It's all through hole if I recall. Should be fairly easy.

what part though - do you know to buy?

3 weeks later
#3143 5 years ago

Does anyone sell the trough board with the 5 LEDs already on it? I know you can buy the LEDs off the board individually. This is the board closest to the player. Thanks

Added over 5 years ago:

OK

Added over 5 years ago:

OK - works fine as is b/c only 4 balls.

1 week later
#3151 5 years ago

After reaching SS mode and winning on hard quite often I just started focusing on beating the spider mb. After two weeks of just that, I finally accomplished it tonight!

With mbr le coming in I can walk away from SS knowing I saw it all. It will remain one of my favorites. What a great game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 38.00
$ 249.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.