909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2110 7 years ago

My Scared Stiff I got seems to be missing the kickback assembly : (

I can't seem to find a part number for it, does anybody have the assembly part number?

Anybody know where I can get one or a compatible one?

Thanks!

Bob C

#2112 7 years ago

thanks!

#2113 7 years ago

My coffin popper needs to pop twice for each ball

Any tech tips?

1 week later
#2121 7 years ago

Can somebody let me know what kind of screw to get?

My SS was missing some coffin parts.
I just got the cover and the metal plate, but it seems there should be a screw securing the coffin lid to the plate

That screw is not in the manual
Looks like what ever it is, the head needs to be short so as to not scratch the decal of the body below?

Thanks! - BobC

1 week later
#2122 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Can somebody let me know what kind of screw to get?
My SS was missing some coffin parts.
I just got the cover and the metal plate, but it seems there should be a screw securing the coffin lid to the plate
That screw is not in the manual
Looks like what ever it is, the head needs to be short so as to not scratch the decal of the body below?
Thanks! - BobC

It would go into the plastic, and thus there are no treads to judge it by
Can somebody post a picture of their screw?

#2129 7 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Looks like ministry of pinball has them in stock and for a pretty good price compared to the list price at us vendors http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/spareparts/playfield-parts/playfield-plastics/slingshot-sets/scared-stiff-slingsshot-set.html

I think those are the same ones sold by pinball center

A lot of those European repros parts look kinda funky in general
if anybody gets some please post the results

hopefully planetary makes another run

#2138 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

It would go into the plastic, and thus there are no treads to judge it by
Can somebody post a picture of their screw?

Arg...my friend sent a picture and it looks like a proprietary rivet-like screw : (
Another friend thinks he can make something for me though

Meanwhile, one of my globe stands fell apart because the super small bolt nuts fell out. Don't know the size/threading. Don't know who might have them (marco doesn't)
This is sucking LOL

#2141 7 years ago

Nice!

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Yes but it sucks if it is on the first ball because it adds a extra player....

take it off freeplay ; )=

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Anyone know if Freeplayamusements.com is still operating? I want to buy the Dancing Boogiemen slings addons from their site but when I email to check availibility it bounces back saying that the email does not exist. They have a PayPal button set up but I don't want to send $99 to find out that the product isn't there anymore or have no way to contact the seller. I saw some on ebay at one point but you had to do some drilling which I'd like to avoid all together. Any ideas?

I got mine from freeplay at the end of October.
Worse case file a paypal claim, but I had no trouble

#2177 7 years ago

My SS is a basketcase and I don't have another to easily compare it to...so I apologize in advance for some lame questions

My globes stopped lighting up and the popbumpers never flashed

Are the bulbs in the globes supposed to be 555's?

And the popbumpers 906's per the manual? Is that really correct?

Thanks!

Bob C

1 month later
#2297 7 years ago

the ball doesn't seem to make it into the pops from the left orbit

any thoughts?

#2300 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There's switchs that need to register correctly to open up a controled gate..... cld be switch or gate malfunction

Will check

Thanks!

#2302 7 years ago

another question...

telepathetic powers was not working until I bent the switch armature a bit
Now it works but sometimes does not always( for example if it's at the end of a multiball )

I also had the experience that testing switches manually doesn't always diagnose a flaky switch properly, which happened with a couple deadhead switches (bending the armatures seemed to fix all trouble in test mode, but some still needed to be replaced as they still did not work right during actual game play)

Is the telepathic powers just buggy on a a rare occasion?
Would going from ROM 1.4 to 1.5 fix the issue?
Or should I just replace the switch even though it seems to be reliable?

Thanks! - BobC

#2303 7 years ago

Just checked 1.5 release notes...no mention of telepathetic

#2305 7 years ago

In the lines of my telepathetic question,
has anybody noticed the extra ball switch not triggering during multiball?

1 week later
#2311 7 years ago

My slings seem to be filled/reinforced with some sort of filler (hot glue?)

I'm guessing that's not normal?

filled SS sling (resized).jpgfilled SS sling (resized).jpg

#2313 7 years ago

Well that's good because my plastics protectors for the slings wont bolt on. I think the "filler" makes the slings too tall for there to be sufficient bolt thread available

#2318 7 years ago

FYI new ramps are in stock at starship fantasies

#2321 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I ended up ordering my bat ramp at Bay Area Amusements as every time we called Starship Fantasy they told us "next week". This went on for weeks and then we noticed they were available at other places.
My bat ramp should be here Tuesday. Not sure if I'm looking forward to putting it in though. Anyone have any tips? Going to change out the enterance ramp optos at the ssme time as those recently started to not register. Glad they seem to be in stock at multiple places now.

Starship Fantasies is the only maker of the ramps, under license of PPS, and one of the PPS owners also owns BAA...just a convoluted FYI

1 week later
#2329 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Will SOMEBODY find me a local, beautiful Scared Stiff in the $5-6K range??

I paid $5300 for players condition / project

2 weeks later
#2334 7 years ago

Thanks for the info in your mods thread about obtaining original-like boogie men

FYI, Amazon has some wacky looking monster finger puppets cheap (same ones provided with the dancing boogie men mod)
You can also find other finger puppets such as glow in the dark zombies.

EBay you can get ventriloquist dummies or famous authors (there's a bad joke here somewhere)

Just incase you want to play outside the box with your boogie men...

1 week later
#2345 7 years ago

Grab ramps while you can from starship fantasy or whomever is close to you

Other parts...it depends on what you need

1 month later
#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

slap the plunger. don't pull it back.

You need to have a washer between your housing and spring if you do that. The spring is hardened steel and the housing is not and will get damaged. It's probably not good for the machine regardless. Make sure the shooter rod spring is a weak one if you are having trouble with the spider hole plunge

#2417 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I picked up a Scared Stiff recently and noticed that the coffin lid is missing. I have the "middle" section that tips up and down to let the ball out, but missing the whole top "lid" portion. This may be a dumb question, but besides the lid, what else do I need to purchase to make that portion work correctly? The lid is sold separate at Marco, but I'm wondering what other assembly I might be missing?

Do you have the metal coffin plate the plastic coffin lid attaches too? plastic coffin lid?
Spring and hinge pin?
What about the post that lifts up the lid from below via solenoid? might be broken...

8 months later
#2714 6 years ago

Pricey...BUT Planetary has slingshot plastics back in stock

4 weeks later
#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! Are they superior to the German ones? They are $42.

Yes. the ones at Marco are from Planetary / officially done. I bought 2 sets and can tell you they are 100% like the originals. the German copies are cheap knock offs and are not like the originals...just look at the posted picture and your slings , they lack the boney outlines

#2770 6 years ago

Can I swap out my globe posts/pedestals merely with the 2 mini bolts that sandwich them together, or do I need to remove my plastics and unscrew them from the bottom?

#2775 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks Bob. Damn, too late as I was told Marco got them from the German company and I bought them. Oh well....

I just looked at Marco and they look to be the same as the ones I purchased from Planetary Pinball Supply, not the German ones

If you REALLY want to be sure, buy direct from Planetary

1 week later
#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hey SS members - I need some help. My original slingshot plastics are repaired and I can't find a suitable replacement. Here is the problem: The originals allow for the dancing boogie man mod while the replacements are narrower between the feet. If I Dremel out the replacement to accommodate they look a little funny. I've have tried two different aftermarket SS slingshots plastics and didn't like or use them for that reason. Who sells a good set that will work with this mod? Thanks in advance.

I had to file my originals a little to work with the dancing mod. Planetary Pinball has the rights and makes replacements. I would guess theirs are as close to OEM as you are going to get

1 year later
#3344 4 years ago

Ok...so I'm going to LED my machine.
But I'm guessing I should also get an OCD LED board (as it looks to me like there are some flame flicker/dimming effects that were programed into the code)?
I see OCD also sells a GI board. Should I get that too?

Thanks!

BobC

2 months later
#3366 4 years ago

I need to replace my crate door decal (actually I also have a full metal crate / door and decals if needed),
but I was looking at the playfield and I think I might have to remove the whole assembly from underneath?

I looked at the manual diagram and it really wasn't helpful.

Can I get a brief walkthrough?

Also... What's the deal with shooter rod springs? I put in white ones which are supposed to be the correct strength (?),
and after a short while it lacks the power to hit the crate.
Brown which I believe is the next step up makes it very difficult to get the spider hole skill shot.
I can't figure out why I can't get mine to plunge like other SS's.
I've even tried modifying springs.
I guess just use a brown spring and wait for it to fatigue?

Thanks!

BobC

#3367 4 years ago

Cliffy crate protector...is that held on with pressure from the crate assembly?
Or am I supposed to find little screws for the holes in the bottom of the protector?
In checked Cliffy's website and it wasn't clear to me from the pictures.
There's a picture from the underside without the protector fully installed yet, there do appear to be existing screw holes in the bottom of the playfield but they don't line up with the holes in the protector (actually I'd better check my protector tomorrow, the design might have changed?)
There's something somebody wrote up, but it's for the protector next to the crate, and unfortunately not the front door of the crate...

Thanks again!

BobC

#3373 4 years ago

I pretty much just looked at the manual ( can be downloaded from ipdb.org ) and went through the settings accordingly.

If you really get stuck maybe I can call you tomorrow and put you on speaker phone and fumble through my settings.

PM me your phone number if need be

But usually with my machines l just go through the settings one at a time, although sometimes the description of a setting on the DMD (or even in the manual) can be confusing or counter intuitive.

BobC

1 week later
#3383 4 years ago

Sometimes when a ball is traveling very fast along the Bat Ramp I hear a clunk and the ball comes off of the ramp towards the Dead Heads rollover lanes.
This is in the area where the ramp is meant to allow balls going too slow to fall off.
I suspect that the ball is going up in the air when going very fast and hitting the mounting bracket for the opto switches on the underside of the Beast Ramp above.

It does not look like the Beast ramp can be raised as it has a horizontal flange that inserts into the back board there.
The only thing I can think of is finding a different way to hold the optos on the Beast ramp in that location?

It's probably dinging up the balls at a minimum, and could potentially damage something (bracket, optos, or ramps which are the reproductions).

Do you think my theory on the situation is correct?
Anybody else have this issue or a fix?

Thanks!

BobC

1 month later
#3430 4 years ago

Does anybody know who can custom paint some boney flippers?
Modfather?

#3435 4 years ago

I'm actually looking to get glow-in-the-dark paint done (if it's not too shinny) with a gray wash added

Thanks

#3441 4 years ago

Has anybody tried the Comet brand "retro" SMD LEDs in SS without LED OCD boards?
I'm on a very limited budget these days and am having a bit of sticker shock after finding the LED and GI (why more expensive than the LED?) add up to $290 before tax (9.25% assuming there is tax) and shipping.

Typically my game is at home with very few plays (like 10 a month).

It's at a very nice location for coin play right now, but it was routed before I got it and I see no heat damage from the old bulbs (I think there might be a little lifting under the mylar at the inserts just infront of the flippers, but I don't know if that's due to heat or what).

So I'm thinking of just sticking with incandescent bulbs...maybe I'll be more enthusiastic about OCD boards and LEDs tomorrow, but between SS and LOTR my budget for non-life-essentials this rest of the year would be wiped out (I haven't even thought about Xmas yet).

#3444 4 years ago

Well it does look like a signature, not just somebody trying to get ink to flow to the tip of a ballpoint pen.

There used to be a jackass who would "autograph" the outside cabinet of his pins. It was a rude surprise if you bought one and it was shipped to you...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 37.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 38.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 249.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
£ 49.00
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=bobc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.