New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29319)

SCARED STIFF Club...Members Only

By spfxted

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,680 posts
  • 395 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by ThatOneDude
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201016_163117 (resized).jpg
20201016_195005 (resized).jpg
20201016_195010 (resized).jpg
IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
20200722_192834 (resized).jpg
7947A0CE-ECB5-43E3-9DBB-A7DDBB38FAED (resized).jpeg
20200701_165150 (resized).jpg
20200701_165145 (resized).jpg
20200701_165135 (resized).jpg
IMG-1240 (resized).jpg
IMG-1239 (resized).jpg
IMG-1238 (resized).jpg
IMG-7269 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago

I set mine for hard right away as well and as a result, have only completed Scared Stiff once. Spider Multiball, forgetaboutit, but its a blast trying. SS is by leaps and bounds the family favorite in my home. When we play multiplayer and Elvira makes a sexually implied comment that goes over our 10 year olds head (as all of them do), we just snicker and smile at each other, good times.

#67 7 years ago

Dennis - if it weren't for you, none of us would be in the club. Thanks for a great game!

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I sold my SS to Robert. After working on a game 10-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, I'm not too interested in playing pinball at home. Besides, my honey-do list never seems to end.

I hear yah there, same problem I have with IT. My wife gives me trouble because our home systems are band-aided together but, when I get home all I want to do is play pinball or work on pinball (or almost anything else aside from working on computers). The guys that have the finely tuned high end home networks don't work 10-12 hours a day in IT.

#93 7 years ago

I have the PP non-flickering variant already (they look great), I just need to decide if the flicker effect is worth $60. If had nothing there already, I would get these for sure.

#106 7 years ago

Here's mine. 20121107_203003.jpg

#107 7 years ago

Ah shoot...damn thing posted sideways. Well, you get the idea.

1 month later
#188 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wise Guy, I don't recall the lights spinning with the spider on any SS I've played before.

I believe they do in attract mode but, not during play.

1 month later
#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Since I make a full set of protectors and color sleeves for SS does that make me a supporting member? I have never owned the game though, Ted. No room left!

I'd say that's fair enough. Speaking of which, I bent my spider hole protector when doing some restore work on mine recently so, I may need to get another protector.

3 weeks later
#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Finally in! wheres my drink with the little umbrella?

Welcome to the club, and nice looking SS.

Quoted from spfxted:

My cool Elvira Model is going to a new home. Enjoy!

Why would you sell that? That's a fine looking topper for SS. I was looking for one like that for a while before I threw in the towel and loaded it up with some Halloween clearance skulls.

2 weeks later
#300 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

31-2587.2 scrnd overlay-insert panel

Yep, I need that part as well. Come on Planetary, lets get this going.

1 week later
#338 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

spider multiball is epic!!!

I will achieve this someday.

#397 7 years ago

Nice indeed and no cracked insert overlay either. Now you just need the black mirrored blades and a backboard decal and you should be in good shape!

#400 7 years ago

And paint those bones to match the skull.

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Anyone know if there is a guide to paint the bones floating around?

My wife did mine and she said she did a dry paint rub. Basically, painting them a dark grey (closer to black) and then using a rag to rub the surface so the paint remains in the crevasses.

#456 7 years ago

I made a custom card from my SS last night. Turned out pretty good, though its about a half inch narrow but still looks good. I'll post a pic later.

#468 7 years ago

A couple missed on TZ:
The cannon
Now there's a talking Tina out there.
mannequin
Spiral wireform
Spiral sign
pyramid
coin
The list for TZ is near endless. It's the mod king.

#473 7 years ago

My 2 SS card variants. I used the black and white one on mine and it looks real classy.

ElviraCard1.jpg ElviraCard2Red.jpg

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

so how do I attach this thing? I loosened the screw inside, but it is still really tight and wont go on the motor all the way.

Whatever you do, don't accidently crack your insert overlay while installing it, those things are no where to be found on this planet.

#551 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I reckon I must have started the stiffometer about 50 times and still not completed it!

Same problem I have. I start it many times, rarely complete it.

#571 7 years ago

That playfield repaint looks nice. Well done.

1 week later
#591 7 years ago

NimblePin is correct. It all comes down to how bad you want one. 5k appears to be the going rate these days but, if you can wait 6 months who knows, you may find a better deal. If your luck goes like how my typically does, you will look for a year, find nothing, then pull the trigger on a higher prices one, only to find a super deal a week later followed by a better deal right after that.

This can be a frustrating hobby to say the least.

#596 7 years ago

I think if the only issues are the spider hole wear (typical and is covered by a cliffy) and the mylar wear at the crate (typical and the mylar can be removed), given that the cabinet looks really good, I would say 5k is not that bad. I would ask him about the back box insert as well. They are often cracked and cannot be found in anywhere our solar system. If its damaged, you could use that info to knock off a hundred or two.

1 month later
#678 7 years ago

Go green. Green is perfect for SS and sort of joins in with the goo playfield art.

2 weeks later
#726 7 years ago

I'm digging that color DMD on SS as well. I'm still holding off since it well exceeds my mod price limit. I may buckle on this at some point, since I do have to ability to move it to different titles.

2 months later
#859 7 years ago

I like both of those, the 7" is a little small for a topper by itself but, the other one would be good if its about 12".

#862 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's what SHE said!

That's right. I walked right into that one.

2 months later
#991 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You guys are Elvira fans - which is the better looking/more realistic sculpture? Which would you use as a topper (if either)?
Jeweled dagger?

Both are pretty dang cool and very difficult to choose from. I kind of like her holding that whip (like she's taking charge, I like that in a woman) but, at the same time the coffin and candles go with the theme. Difficult choice for sure, I'd say just get both, they should fit!

#999 6 years ago

Here you go Ted, you can have the honors of the 1000th post for the SS club thread! Next post is it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside