6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago

THAT JUST MADE ME STIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

11 months later
#918 10 years ago

Love my LEDs, but I do not enjoy the flickering in the "low light" parts of game.

Has anyone just done LEDs in the inserts and left he GIs incandescent?

#921 10 years ago

Hmmmm. I might have to switch the GI back to incandescent. I like the bright colors of the inserts, but the flickering in GI dimming is harsh.....

The game does look great LED'd in the inserts and pop bumpers, though.

1 month later
#1050 10 years ago

Tech problem:

I keep getting random audio associated with hitting the bumpers (electric audio noise). It happens at all times during the game.

Any clues on where I can start looking for the issue?

1 week later
#1063 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

it happens when the ball hits the swich behind the long rubber just below the pops on the left side of the entrance to the right ramp took me a while to realize it was on purpose it is just to the right of #9 on the stiff-o-meter if that helps.

Nope. Definitely random. I can hold the ball on the flipper with no activity, and it'll go crazy.

#1074 10 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

DSC_0022_20131215_3089.jpg 40 KB

Are those incandescents in the GI towards the player?

I'm tempted to go back to incandescent in the GI.

1 week later
#1097 10 years ago

So, I made the jump to pull my GI LEDs. I love LEDs, but it seemed like they made it more difficult to see the ball in SS. I kept the inserts.

I'm glad that I did. Seems like I can see better. Also, you get back the GI dimming feature.

DSC03934.JPGDSC03934.JPG

9 months later
#1570 9 years ago
Quoted from bohunr:

I"m still needing the stand off that go into the back board that hold out the monster behind Elviras head. I purchased some from Marco that are the right length but not the right size that goes into the hole into the back board. I've had people point me in several directions but no one seems to have the right one. Any suggestions? Any of you restore guys out there have 3 then can help me out with?

I would like to find a couple of these myself.

What I did for now is use some nylon standoffs and nylon screws from the hardware store. Cheap and easy, but I'd someday like to use the original parts.

4 months later
#1717 9 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Can't take the credit for those. I had to replace the old bats and inlane guides(which were white) because of cracks and chips. Pinball Life set me up for the replacements. Much better looking!
SCARED STIFF FINAL (56).JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Wow. Your game looks really great!

Are those flame polished ramps?

8 months later
#1887 8 years ago

I'd like to add some spot lights to my GI. I play in a dark room, and the playfield is a little dark in the center.

Anyone else add spotlights? How many and where did you put them? Pics would be great.

1 year later
#2254 7 years ago

I'm thinking about pulling my ramps off and doing a flame polish on them.

What's the best way to remove the Boney Beast ribs without breaking them?

#2257 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

The Scared Stiff at Phoenix Games is back after a minty shop job! Go enjoy!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Looks nice.

Good to see considering every SS I've played on location has been roached out.

#2267 7 years ago
Quoted from MovieMark:

Spider Wheel Question - Still curious to hear how long your Spider Wheel spins before auto-stopping on its own (that is, it stops on its own if you don't hit the Flippers). Mine goes consistently for 8 complete revolutions before auto-stopping and I'm thinking this must be the Factory Setting but would like confirmation from another Scared Stiff owner just in case my game is auto-stopping too soon. Thanks!

Eight spins is more than enough to make a selection. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I usually make my pick within 2-3 spins.

If I remember the next time I play, I'll let it timeout and let you know.

#2275 7 years ago

I did the same thing on mine with just reds. Turned out decent. Looks much nicer than before!

IMG_1372 (resized).JPGIMG_1372 (resized).JPG

IMG_1376 (resized).JPGIMG_1376 (resized).JPG

#2276 7 years ago

Sorry to say, but I'm exiting the club and selling my Scared Stiff. After about four years of ownership, I'm just ready to try something else. Anyway, can those who searched and bought a Scared Stiff recently, could you please chime in on an estimated value? I would consider it a nice players game. Here's a good and bad list with photos in the Google link with more photos. I am planning on selling without the ColorDMD. If the buyer wants the ColorDMD, add +$350.

https://goo.gl/photos/hGcG9dwU8FuXwsaM6

Good:
-Plays 100% - very fast with no errors or play issues
-All new rubbers
-Playfield recently cleaned and waxed
-Ramps are flame polished
-New coil sleeves in the 'Spider Hole' and 'Stiff in the Coffin' VUKs
-Crate operation is perfect - no issues
-Playfield, cab insides, and backbox PCBs are all very clean
-Mix of Comet and CoinTaker non-ghosting LEDs - looks great in person
-New trough opto PCBs
-Includes manual
-Has backboard decal installed
-Dancing boogie man mod, skull pile mode, skull pile flame mod

Bad:
-Faded cabinet, but it has been touched up with markers
-Scratch on the right side of the cab (see photos)
-Chip on the right side of the back box that been covered and painted (see photos)
-Light hum on speakers during attract mode - inaudible during gameplay
-Some wear around crate hole
-Some wear around spider hole under cliffy - about 3x worse than crate hole
-Previous owner used screws and glue, instead of rivets, to secure 'Spider Hole' VUK flap on the Boney Beast ramp - functional and not super noticeable as it's under the bones
-Small playfield scratch on Elvira's chest on the left side under the bat ramp which can be felt with your finger, like it's lifted a little - does not effect gameplay

cab1 (resized).jpgcab1 (resized).jpg

#2283 7 years ago

The hum follows the content on the screen. Lots of screen content changes the pitch of the hum. I have had both a DMD in there as well as a ColorDMD, so it's not the screen. I can make it go away by tightening the screws on the AV board, but then it comes back the next boot.

Realistically, though, it's so minor and completely goes away during gameplay. It wasn't worth modifying the boards to fix it.

#2284 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its actually a pretty nice ss from the looks of the pics. Yea the cab touch up sucks but overall it looks nice with no wear at crate and some nice upgrades . A total crap one sold quickly for 4400 and super nice ones sell for 6500-7500 so this one falls in the middle imo.

I think it is a pretty nice SS. Certainly not a collector quality game, but it's in good shape.

I put a lot of time into this weekend cleaning the ramps, waxing the playfield, replacing all the rubbers, and swapping in some new coil sleeves. After doing all that, it kind of had me sentimental about it. I looks really good now.

#2292 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If u have leds on the spider wheel in the backbox they will cause interference with the sound board when they go off bc of their orientation to the sound board....its not a game issue

I just looked into this a little more. You were right. The pitch follows the LEDs of the Spider Wheel in the backbox. That's why it's audible during attract mode, while the LEDs are spinning, and not during gameplay.

#2299 7 years ago
Quoted from MovieMark:

Thanks! I did a few upgrades (Dancing Boogie Men, Color DMD, new Backbox Plastic Art) and I'm probably being a bit too obsessive right now, but hey - it's pinball (and Scared Stiff no less!).

My spider wheel spins around about 7 3/4 spins without stopping it manually.

1 week later
#2314 7 years ago

After waxing the playfield and cleaning the ramps, I'm getting a couple airballs off the bat ramp after a fast clean shot. Not too often, maybe once every 5-10 games.

Anyone else have this problem? Anything I can do about it?

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I do get lotsa air-balls from the bat ramp... More than your average...

Yeah, it's almost like the left flipper has too much power. Too bad you couldn't adjust it down in software like the newer games.

4 weeks later
#2339 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

I like to join the club . Here is a custom SS I did over the last 3 months.

Phenomenal job on that cab!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 249.00
£ 49.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 39.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allibaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=allibaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.