6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alan_l.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2133 7 years ago

Perhaps this has already been answered in this thread, but how many Spider Awards must you win to pass TEX, the default leader?

2 weeks later
#2159 7 years ago

Hey bigd,

Do you know about the 3? When the spider in the head starts to spin, watch the left side of the DMD where spiders crawl up a web. Rarely, instead of a spider, the numeral 3 crawls up the web. If you hit the Start button three times before the 3 disappears, you are awarded an extra Spider Award. Apparently the software writer was born on the third of the month, thus the 3.

Alan

1 week later
#2218 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

My sweet wife bought me a Color LED DMD for our Scared Stiff for our anniversary

Where did she get it?

6 months later
#2453 6 years ago

she says "Uh oh", it goes black and you think you broke it. Then.....

It's a great feeling, the first time. The game, I mean.

8 months later
#2819 5 years ago

My production date is August 8th, 1996.
Serial number ending in .....97, it has slight differences in the playfield graphics: a different face on #3 of the Stiff-O-Meter and some other slight changes.
I love this game, I never fail to laugh when I play it.

20180403_103240 (resized).jpg20180403_103240 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#3169 5 years ago

If you light the Extra Ball lamp in that top center lane and then shoot that lane into the Deadheads, you do not get the extra ball right away, it's not like some instant two-ball multiball. When you drain the current ball, Elvira will say, "Ooooo, shoot again!", and the machine will auto-launch the extra ball.

There are a number of ways that you can light the EB lamp, shoot the right ramp eight times, and some more that I forget right now, I'm sure that others will chime in and refresh my memory.

2 months later
#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

So should be able to play it upon arrival with minimal work.

If it comes out of a cold truck into your warm house, give it 24 hours for any condensation that forms on PC boards to evaporate.

2 months later
#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK I get it, it's your opinion but that is a very large part of Elvira and her TV show. She was that Jokester and yes some of the jokes weren't "Knee Slappers" but that was her Gig Man!

It's part of her "shtick".

6 months later
#3502 4 years ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Why are there little tiny holes in the remote and two extra behind the flippers ?

The two tiny holes just below the flippers are alignment holes for the flippers. You're supposed to put a toothpick in each hole and hold the flipper bat, with band on, against the toothpick and then tighten the screws below the playfield to get the right position of the flippers.

As for the two remote holes, I have no idea. I have an early production machine and the holes in my remote are in the lower right hand corner and along the bottom just below the "T" in the word "CONTROL". Kind of odd placement but they must have been designed there for some reason.

9 months later
#3666 3 years ago
Quoted from gundogs:

My first question is: I remember seeing s string on here related to random balls being ejected onto the playfield during play. Can someone point me to the fix for this. I'll just be playing along and all of a sudden the game will eject a random ball onto the field for no reason.

I would first find out what is causing your credit dot. That might lead you to your random ball issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alan_l.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=alan_l and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.