6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1132 10 years ago

Hey everyone,
Wanted my 1st post on the site to be in here. Finally got a SS!
Wanted to say thank you all for the great info that's been shared and I'm sure it will be most helpful as I do some TLC on her.

Nice playfield, minimal wear around the holes. Some fading, cabinet needs some touchups and right slingshot cracked out. But the work will add to my appreciation.
Sorry for the crappy pics. I'll get better ones once I do some cleaning.

IMG_00000123.jpgIMG_00000123.jpg IMG_00000125.jpgIMG_00000125.jpg IMG_00000126.jpgIMG_00000126.jpg
#1135 10 years ago

Thanks guys!
No mods right now. Some soon I hope. Trying to fix up a few things 1st though.

Not sure what's up with the sound. I think the cabinet speaker is blown or has something going on . Sounds really distorted and static. If it was damaged, would it make the backbox speakers not sound right as well? They seem "off" too. Or should I look more towards the sound board as culprit. No beep code or anything on startup. Diags come up clean.

#1141 10 years ago

@Honch I dig your collection. I hope some day to take a very similar path with mine
@Aurich I know but I'm in same boat as ahorrorstory, a few other things above it on the list. But its definitely there! Great pics, hope I can get mine like that!

#1143 10 years ago

Let me know which one you go with, or if you make your own, how it turns out.

1 week later
#1167 10 years ago

I ordered one of those last week. Can't wait to try it out! Anyone else using this one already?

2 weeks later
#1184 10 years ago

Follow up to my static/distorted sound issues. Was inches within ordering a new Rottendog AV board but tried last ditch effort of removing C47 & C51 caps off the board. Viola! Sound drastically improved! Tried and true pin knowledge from the web saved my day.

Installed Robert's LED kit, looks amazing, thanks again Robert. Finally, I posted the following under an old Tech topic(necro) and wasn't sure to copy here as well. We all own the same game so maybe someone else here has dealt with this. Apology in advance..

Issue with the crate working.
It was going out of alignment quite often, reset it, would work for a few games then just stop registering at all during a game.

I've replaced the Eddy board with a new one and also new sensor board. Turn on machine, LED lights up, adjust it so it barely turns off. Doesn't register hit/make noise etc.

The LED does light up each time I test a ball crossing it. The coil is not firing or anything. I've gone into test, if I test the switch, no response but the LED registers it. Go into crate test, no response. If I test the solenoid and kicker themselves they fire off fine.

The only thing that hasn't been replaced is the 4 pin connector that plugs into the eddy board. I'm fairly new at this and hoping someone could help. What are the wires that run into the 4 pin plug? And is it highly likely redoing this connector will make it all good again?

Thanks for any help!

#1191 10 years ago

How do the mirror blades work out for you guys? I'm afraid they'll get killed quick as when I'm lifting the PF and moving to vertical position, the backend sides rub against rail sides quite a bit.

#1192 10 years ago

@BigLebowski yours looks great! Where did the illuminated cards come from?

2 months later
#1343 9 years ago

Hey guys I'm still having some issues with the audio on my Scared Stiff. When I initially picked it up the sound was massively distorted. Followed the steps for snipping off the 2 little capacitors on the AV board and it improved tremendously. But an electrical buzz through the speakers remained.

I've just recently replaced the AV board with a new Rottendog version, and also installed brand new FF speaker kit. Even disconnected the DMD to make sure it wasn't all screen noise. The buzz remains. Tried with and without the Ferrite blocks on the speaker wire.

Made sure to have the ground connections hooked up to the speakers / and dmd. The ground strap looks to be in good condition and connected where it should be. I'm at a loss for what to check next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't have much experience listening to other SS machines so I don't know if this is just "how they are" but the constant low buzz coming from the game just irks me. I have TAF and FT right next to SS and both of those with all stock audio components are silent, clear sounding.

What should I try next?
Thanks for any help!

#1347 9 years ago

can someone take a picture of their power interface assembly. Front right corner inside of cabinet. I would like to see the 3 ground connections and which post(s) they are mounted to. On mine, all 3 ground wires are attached to just one post. Is that the norm?

Thanks.

#1353 9 years ago

grabbed some @ Lowes today, will report back tonight with results. Thanks scottc

#1354 9 years ago

Tried the nylon washers. No change. Still has the buzz.

#1356 9 years ago

Since the noise has continued even after going to new speakers/ and new AV board, the next place to look is power related? What are the usual suspects? Incorrect voltage leaking across and from where? Look at the power/driver board?

#1358 9 years ago

hmm... I'll disconnect and reconnect the ground at the back of cabinet (which I take it the back box strap is getting its ground from). I've already checked/reconnected the grounds near front of cabinet on the power interface assembly.

#1360 9 years ago

All mounting screws are present and snugged up. Just for completeness-sake I'll loosen and re-seat the other 2 boards tonight when I get home. Thanks guys for the suggestions, I really appreciate it, and hopefully can clear this up.

1 week later
#1363 9 years ago

Sorry it took awhile to get back to it. I revisited all ground locations, reseated all the boards, tried using nylon washers this time when mounting the AV board and still have the hum. I quite frankly don't know what else to do

I'll look into the "ground loop isolator" Dr-Tommy , thanks for the suggestion.

2 weeks later
#1369 9 years ago

Could a fellow member put their game into test mode, specifically the sound + music test. Play Elvira's quote "You just don't listen do you" on repeat. Do you hear a nasty distortion/buzz coming from your speakers in the middle of that quote?

I do and was wondering if the sample is truly that bad that it happens on them all, or just mine.
Still diagnosing the electrical hum coming through speakers.
Thank you!

1 year later
#1797 8 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Hey guys,
I need to replace the LED board on the crate as 2 of the 4 LED's are broke. I can not for the life of me figure out how to get the the top off the crate to get at the board.....
Thanks for the help!

There are a couple screws on top of the crate, take them out and the whole enclosure comes right up. Nice and easy. Also, if anyone is around you, that can do minor soldering, its real simple to just get a couple replacement LED's from one of the online retailers (think I got mine from Marco) and have them fixed. They are maybe a couple dollars tops! Why replace the entire LED board, there isn't much that can go wrong with it.

3 months later
#1914 8 years ago

what are our options for slingshot plastics at this point? I have a set of the Euro ones but man are they painted like crap and don't resemble bones whatsoever
Aurich what are you doing with the molds!?!? Are you going to put them to good use and make us color appropriate replacements?

#1916 8 years ago

awww I take it he's too busy doing Color stuffs to make more SS plastics huh
but that's really cool though. Thanks for sharing!

#1924 8 years ago

me Three

5 months later
5 months later
#2117 7 years ago

Have the LCD version in mine using DotXL mode and it looks great!

2 months later
#2280 7 years ago

That light hum through the speakers could be the sound roms. If the hum is steady and not affected by different lights going on and off in game.
I spent months trying to track it down on mine.
Swapped boards, went crazy checking for grounding issues.
Nope, in the end it was the roms.

9 months later
#2567 6 years ago

Mirror blades tend to be worse since they are thicker than just a decal going in.

2 months later
#2686 6 years ago

crate, spider hole, and coffin ball lock

2 months later
#2812 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Good news, I talked to PPS and they are making the back box plastics, tv and monster
Holding the candle inside back box. Said wil be done in a couple weeks.

Excellent news! Those were impossible to locate, and should help out quite a few.

2 weeks later
#2850 5 years ago

But will she appear in costume when Elvira 3 is released?

3 years later
#3937 2 years ago

Not to crap on your auction but FYI:
https://mantispinball.com/product/scared-stiff-crate-weldment/
Mantis sells the main bracket.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 249.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 49.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 37.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sethman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=Sethman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.