909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3269 5 years ago

I just bought Scared Stiff and arranged and paid for the shipping today. Coming from Virginia to California and I will have it in about 2 weeks (getting picked up next Wednesday). Looking forward to this pin and already buying plenty of mods for it. The pin I bought is in very nice shape and 100% working supposedly. Looks good in all the videos I got. So should be able to play it upon arrival with minimal work.

Anyway, cant wait! It will sit between my WOZRR and JD.

2 months later
#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Does anyone got a picture of their boney beast painted?

Here is one for now Robert... Just a zoom of a photo I sent you when we were talking about PCing my armor. I am not home so cant take a better one, but I like these bones a lot better than the plain white ones that were originally on it. I actually bought these from a member here. I think he still has a set or 2 left.
Boney Beast paint (resized).jpgBoney Beast paint (resized).jpg

Here is the ad for the ones I bought. Very happy with them...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1145-buthamburg/01603-scared-stiff-boney-beast-ribs-set-fully-decorated-30-pieces

And a noted plus to buying this set.. He sends you 30 ribs. The SS machine comes with 27 originally. My original setup with 27 occasionally let a ball launch out of the ramp when it popped out of the spider hole due to the spacing between the original ribs. Having some extra ribs, I was able to get 28 ribs in the machine just fine and now with the ribs closer together, I have never had another ball escape when popped from the spider hole. They all stay on the ramp now. And I think 28 looks better too because the last rib covers more of the bottom right ramp whereas before, the ramp protruded past the last rib.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

So im almost done with my creature mod and will be ready to ship soon, so ive been thinking on scared stiff. The skull pile does little for me. What do you guys think of a like 7" monitor with a 3d printed tv like whats on the backglass that interacts with the game. Displays the mode your in, clips from the movie, her show, displays new custom dead head clips etc.displays tv static when you drain etc. My board will work with this as well. Of course you will have to remove your skull pile as thats the ideal mounting spot.

What is this "creature mod" you are working on? I looked back in your previous posts and don't see any mention of it. I am intrigued! As for the skull pile replacement, it sounds great! I already invested in and installed the CzTV mod though which plays the old Elvira clips so I would not be looking to have two TVs in my game, and I kinda like the skull pile anyway. My only fear with having a TV display over there though is that there have been a few times when I have launched a ball so hard up the right ramp that it has caught air and hit the skull pile, and occasionally gets stuck in the back right corner. Need to make sure that whatever screen you put there can withstand a high speed ball hitting it.

EDIT: Just looked at your game lineup and my guess now is that your "Creature mod" is actually for CFTBL and not SS... lol. My mind went to some sort of monster for SS rather than the actual Creature.

1 month later
#3346 4 years ago

I put both on my machine and am happy with the results. There is plenty of dimming programmed into SS which leads to a lot of flicker without the boards. I noticed a significant difference after installing them.

2 months later
#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

just spoke with cpr and the Scared Stiff Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

They posted that in one of their Pinside threads quite a while ago but never followed up on it or said anything more. I hope you are right. I would love to get one!

3 weeks later
#3390 4 years ago

Is it mirrored or did they leave it as a hole? Its hard to tell... I hope the center of the flame is still a hole as a flicker bulb there look great. But I really want this backglass.

EDIT: Upon looking at the black screen photo, it appears that the grey areas are all mirrored and the white is blank obviously. Looking at that picture, it appears the center of the candle flame is white.

Screw it... I pulled the trigger. Ill update as to how it compares when I get it!

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from noflip95:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Link?

Dont need this TV version or these Boney beast eyes, but the little black cat is intriguing...

3 weeks later
#3468 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I have a problem with my first generation Boney Beast Real Eyes mod made by F-2NIRO. I wrote him but he hasn't responded yet. I was wondering if anyone else is having the issue? The problem is one or both of the eyes locks up or drops color after about 10 minutes of game time. They have always been flaky but I really like the look. Anyway, I got tired of it and pulled out my modified head (the original is now installed). The eyes are basically digital camera screens. This got me thinking. Digital cameras usually run on a single battery. That battery is usually 3.2 to 3.6 volts. I'm testing my theory now. I have the modified snake head on my shop power supply set for 3.5 volts DC and it is working perfectly for several hours now. I believe the 6 volts generated by the pinball machine is out of specs for these screens. A simple solution to this problem (if true) would be to add a DC to DC convertor into the wire harness (like a $2 part on eBay). Anyway - Just curious if anyone else is have an issue and / or cares about this possible fix. If so, I can post my findings.[quoted image]

I have the same problem with one of the eyes. It will usually go rogue after 10-15 minutes. If you find a solution, I would be very interested if getting the parts and a "how to" so I can fix mine too.

#3472 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I thought I would share with you guys something I bought at Expo this year.
This little mod is pretty neat and the people I bought it from are Pinball Inc. They make these and say they have the license to do so. I hadn’t heard of them before (nothing new) and hadn’t seen these anywhere else for sale. They only had one left at the show when I got there.
The Stiff glows when The Coffin Tale is lit.
It is subtle (glow) but really looks cool when you play in the dark. Price was $59.99.[quoted image]

Just to update this, I went to their site and tried to buy it (it is listed and sale went through). They refunded my payment and said this product is no longer available. So you must have gotten one from their final batch.

4 weeks later
#3493 4 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

I bought one too at Pinball expo and now my SS is ready, have you idea where I can find instructions?

Here is the instructional YouTube video for the topper installation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=Iyd0-qQihGI&feature=emb_logo

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#3518 4 years ago

The Monsters Lab is one of the 6 goals to start the Stiff-o-Meter. The requirement is 20 pop bumpers. Once you have 20 pops hit, you finish the Monsters Lab.

#3533 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm looking for the bones covering the outlines, left one on mine is cracked. As anyone know of any?

Planetary has both the right and left... $8 each.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9613-1

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9613-2

1 week later
#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recently purchased a ss. When I get the dancing boogey man mode, they dont move. Is there a setting to adjust or am I missing ssd's something else? Thx

@Morpheus was making some sets most recently and people said they were great. Unknown if he still is making them or has any more but you can send him a message and inquire. Here is the thread where he was making them:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-slingshot-extensions-dancing-boogieman-mod

2 months later
#3596 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone has some individual extra plastics lying around? I have a broken plastic behind the right leaper, just at the entrance to the lab and I can't seem to find it anywhere other than part of a set. I don't need any of the others, so figured I would ask here first. Anyone have a spare of this plastic and willing to part with it? PM me a price! Thanks in advance.

73e1d0c481312eb990a5fbbad81adc65d1c30a16 (resized).jpg73e1d0c481312eb990a5fbbad81adc65d1c30a16 (resized).jpg
#3598 4 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I dont have the plastic, sorry. If your plastic looks nice, apart from being broken off, you could try repair it.
I've had success using superglue to glue a broken plastic together and then cutting a part of a smaller size ziptie into two shorter strips and gluing them over the crack on the backside as reinforcement. If the crack is clean and no plastic is missing it will be hard to see that its repaired and the reinforcement make sure it wont break that easily again. I have plastics repaired in this way that still havent broken again after several years.

Sounds like a good solution for a freshly broken plastic that is all there. Unfortunately, mine was broken prior to me owning this pin (just getting to this after a year) and I am missing the whole top part of the plastic where it it attaches to the post. It is tightened down tight enough by the leaper that it keeps it in place (mostly), but is missing the top mount spots by the entrance to the lab. Figured I would try to source a solo plastic somewhere before I bite the bullet and have to buy a whole set. If I had the missing parts, I would try to fix it, but his one is just not worth saving at this point.

3 weeks later
#3638 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Hey everyone, I don't quite understand why this model truck is being made, but I thought of this thread when I saw it. Even has the boney beast ribs integrated.
Thought maybe someone in here would be interested.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124822
Stay safe and healthy every one!
[quoted image]

Hmmm... If I didn't already have a topper...

5 months later
#3678 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You need non-ghosing for the inserts. Non-ghosting won't do a thing for GI. Though with the effects - both insert AND GI - I would strongly recommend an LEDOCD & GIOCD mod.

Amen to this... Perfect game for the LEDOCD and GIOCD units. Once I installed these, the game looked 200% better with the LEDs.

1 month later
#3710 3 years ago

Congrats and you are a braver soul than I am trying your first PF swap on SS. There is quite a bit going on with this game for a first time, but hey, gotta start somewhere!! I highly recommend the Color DMD mod for your game. The color was done very well on SS!

2 weeks later
#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Need one plastic - hate to buy a whole set.
Anybody happen to have an extra layin around ?
[quoted image]

Doh! I had to buy a whole set for that same plastic. Could not find one by itself anywhere. Now, of course, I have plenty of extras of every OTHER plastic... Lol
Good luck with your search!

4 weeks later
#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have some spare parts I’m looking to sell. Have 2 coffin popper weldments, one brand new ($75 shipped) and one used that is slightly bent at the coffin lockout but has the coffin decal ($45 shipped). It worked fine before taking out, just wanted a perfect coffin. Also have a set of painted lane guides ($16 shipped).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent for the guides

2 months later
#3822 3 years ago

Not sure how to actually fix it, but the ramp is available. I believe Starship Fantasy makes them and it also might be available at Little Shop of Games.

2 weeks later
#3841 2 years ago

If you had an MM (any version), I would consider. I don't want to get rid of my SS, but there are a couple titles I would consider and MM is at the top of that list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 39.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 249.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 37.00
£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Calfdemon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=Calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.