6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CKrueger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are the mirror blades easier to deal with?

I put mirror blades on my SS (and SWPro), and GameBlades on my GBPro. Here's my thoughts:

Mirror blades are really easy to install. Basically, lift the playfield, slide it as far to one side as you can, remove the mirror blade protective film, place them in the cab, C-clamp them in place, and pop three small wood screws through pre-drilled holes in the mirror blades. Slide the playfield as far to the other side as you can, repeat, and lower the playfield. It's really easy. I will say that some playfields get tight in their cabinet (I've got one DCS table that doesn't have enough clearance anymore), so it's possible yours is snug enough that mirror blades wouldn't fit. But if there's some play left-to-right inside your cabinet, it's super easy.

GameBlades are still not super hard, but take much more work. Basically, lift the playfield, slide it as far to one side as you can, remove the game blade backing, spray it pretty heavily with soapy water (think beaded water on your car's hood), slide it into the playfield, smooth out the bubbles and creases, and remove the excess water. Slide the playfield as far to the other side as you can, repeat, and lower the playfield. You have plenty of time to move the GameBlades around before they get sticky, but it's a bit of a pain to get everything lined up perfectly, depending on how obsessive you are.

As for which looks better? It's up to taste of course. I like the mirrors in my Scared Stiff cause it really sets off the orb flashers, you can see more of the art and playfield in the Lab, and you can actually SEE the Secret Passage in play. That said, I really like my GB's GameBlades, too. It really completes the art package in an intangible but attractive way.

Either way, if Scared Stiff is a keeper for you (har har), I highly recommend doing either one. It's a great visual upgrade for not much cash.

#2601 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Looks like Mirror is the way to go.....Thanks!!

Excellent! You’ll love ‘em!

They look particularly nice with chrome side rails. I saw a Metallica with chrome rails and mirror blades, and it’s jaw-dropping in person. Pictures don’t do it justice!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CKrueger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only?tu=CKrueger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.