IMG_4911 (resized).jpeg
20240602_081534 (resized).jpg
20240602_081526 (resized).jpg
20240602_081502 (resized).jpg
20240602_081512 (resized).jpg
IMG_4879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4878 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4834 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 87.
#4301 37 days ago
Quoted from altan:

It defaults to off. If you set it to On, during boogie disco mode the slings will activate to the beat, making the boogie men dance.

That’s why I typically always go for the Boogie Men upon my first shot to the Spider Hole.

#4302 36 days ago

Doing my final phase of this project, replacing (or cleaning if appropriate) the rubbers. While you cannot really see those details, I thought this pic turned out nice so I'd share.

IMG_4966 (resized).jpegIMG_4966 (resized).jpeg

#4303 36 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Doing my final phase of this projector, replacing (or cleaning if appropriate) the rubbers. While you cannot really see those details, I thought this pic turned out nice so I'd share.
[quoted image]

Looking nice; woohoo!

Now ya just GOTTA add the flickering flames mod (https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1059-pinballtoys/00615-scared-stiff-pinball-skull-pile-flickering-candles-led-mod). I’m quite a purist and don’t much care for adding mods, but when it comes to things that were supposed to be on a game and cut for costs, I very much like restoring those. The flickering flames are a great one.

Have you given up on the CPR backglass? (I can see where it’s a dilemma: Keep the color-correct and detailed original with the damaged art…or…use the too-dark repro with complete art and loss of detail? Ugh.)

#4304 36 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Looking nice; woohoo!
Now ya just GOTTA add the flickering flames mod (https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1059-pinballtoys/00615-scared-stiff-pinball-skull-pile-flickering-candles-led-mod). I’m quite a purist and don’t much care for adding mods, but when it comes to things that were supposed to be on a game and cut for costs, I very much like restoring those. The flickering flames are a great one.
Have you given up on the CPR backglass? (I can see where it’s a dilemma: Keep the color-correct and detailed original with the damaged art…or…use the too-dark repro with complete art and loss of detail? Ugh.)

Thanks!

That mod is cool. I’m not a mod person much but this could work.

The cpr backglass? Returned it. The mirroring doesn’t make up (at all) for the other negative aspects. Sadly.

I feel like they got 80% there and gave up. It’s so close to being great but the issues are stoppers for me.

#4305 36 days ago
Quoted from altan:

The cpr backglass? Returned it. The mirroring doesn’t make up (at all) for the other negative aspects. Sadly.
I feel like they got 80% there and gave up. It’s so close to being great but it’s issues are stoppers for me.

That’s such a bummer. I had been thinking about getting one for my SS, although I always flinched at the cost, since there’s not a lot of artwork printed on it. (It always seemed like it should be priced a bit cheaper than the backglasses where the full panel has printed artwork.)

My translite is actually pretty nice, with only a couple tiny nicks that aren’t very noticeable. I reckon’ I’ll just keep rocking that.

#4306 36 days ago

Anyone with a ColorDMD run into this?

With Scared Stiff firmware 4.2, the ColorDMD goes blank during the pin’s DMD test mode. It’s 100% reproducible. Specifically:

1. Start the test
2. The vertical line moves from left to right
3. Screen clears
4. A horizontal line start moving from top to bottom
5. About half way down, the screen goes blank

Screen seems to stay blank until you back all the way out of test mode, although I haven’t tried many combinations.

I sent a note to colorDMD about this but wondering if others can reproduce it.

#4307 36 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

That’s such a bummer. I had been thinking about getting one for my SS, although I always flinched at the cost, since there’s not a lot of artwork printed on it. (It always seemed like it should be priced a bit cheaper than the backglasses where the full panel has printed artwork.)
My translite is actually pretty nice, with only a couple tiny nicks that aren’t very noticeable. I reckon’ I’ll just keep rocking that.

That’s my view. The translite looks so good. Mine has a couple small problem areas but I can look past them.

Was initially doing the CPR thing to fix the small problem areas and get cool mirroring. Sadly didn’t turn out the way I wanted.

#4308 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

With Scared Stiff firmware 4.2, the ColorDMD goes blank during the pin’s DMD test mode. It’s 100% reproducible. Specifically:
1. Start the test
3. Screen clears
Screen seems to stay blank until you back all the way out of test mode, although I haven’t tried many combinations.

On my machine the display test functions normally. (Machine Rev. 1.5 / ColorDMD Scared Stiff ROM 4.2)

#4309 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

1. Start the test
3. Screen clears

I've never run the test on my colordmd but I've noticed that in a few seconds some animations go blank, I think the problem is that I'm running version 1.0 of the game

#4310 35 days ago

Doing my final phase of this project, replacing (or cleaning if appropriate) the rubbers. While you cannot really see those details, I thought this pic turned out nice so I'd share.
[quoted image]</blockquote

Your SS is amazing, the only thing missing is the backboard decal

IMG_20240609_101048309_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240609_101048309_HDR (resized).jpg
#4311 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

[quoted image]

Your SS is amazing, the only thing missing is the backboard decal

IMG_20240609_101048309_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20240609_101048309_HDR (resized).jpg
#4312 35 days ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

On my machine the display test functions normally. (Machine Rev. 1.5 / ColorDMD Scared Stiff ROM 4.2)

That's interesting! Maybe it has something to do with the setting? I'm using "HiRes", what are you using?

I took this video -- take a look. Of course, it's a terrible video -- but it does show what I'm seeing.

Oh, and the 29M that shows up briefly (my best score) has nothing to do with sharing this video.

#4313 35 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I've never run the test on my colordmd but I've noticed that in a few seconds some animations go blank, I think the problem is that I'm running version 1.0 of the game

1.0 of the ColorDMD or Scared Stiff?
Either way, why not upgrade?!

#4314 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

1.0 of the ColorDMD or Scared Stiff?
Either way, why not upgrade?!

1.0 Scared Stiff game, I haven't updated it yet because I've never seen a bug, these blank animations are almost imperceptible and don't bother me, on the colordmd website it says that version 1.5 of the game is recommended for everything to work

#4315 35 days ago

Not having that issue with my SS color dmd.

#4316 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

That's interesting! Maybe it has something to do with the setting? I'm using "HiRes", what are you using?
I took this video -- take a look. Of course, it's a terrible video -- but it does show what I'm seeing.

Oh, and the 29M that shows up briefly (my best score) has nothing to do with sharing this video.

Ahhhh, that’s the difference…you have the LCD ColorDMD. I use the LED displays.

#4317 35 days ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Not having that issue with my SS color dmd.

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Ahhhh, that’s the difference…you have the LCD ColorDMD. I use the LED displays.

Just to be clear, I have no problems in regular gameplay. I just noticed it freaks out in test mode -- which surprised me. Maybe the ColorDMD people will have something interesting to say. But it's clearly a minor issue.

#4318 35 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Just to be clear, I have no problems in regular gameplay. I just noticed it freaks out in test mode -- which surprised me. Maybe the ColorDMD people will have something interesting to say. But it's clearly a minor issue.

Yeah, totally nothing to worry about, and I’m sure the ColorDMD folks will appreciate knowing about it.

1 week later
#4319 27 days ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have 2 kits of this stainless stell speaker grills ready to ship
$ 49 + 15,- $ shipping to USA

[quoted image]

Are you still selling the speaker grills?

#4320 27 days ago

Anyone find speaker grill inserts with a web and spider?
Only ones I see in this threads gallery are the web with bat, unfortunately I didn’t find a pic with speaker lights lit up behind them

#4321 27 days ago

Looking to trade a very nice GotG pre (w/topper and armor) for a SS. Cash plus or minus. I will make a tier 7 contribution. Thank you.

#4322 26 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Looking to trade a very nice GotG pre (w/topper and armor) for a SS. Cash plus or minus. I will make a tier 7 contribution. Thank you.

That’s a darn good idea (to get Scared Stiff and/or WhiteWater per your other post).

IMG_5071 (resized).jpegIMG_5071 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shepherdstown, WV
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CA
$ 249.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mequon, WI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

£ 37.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.