IMG_4911 (resized).jpeg
20240602_081534 (resized).jpg
20240602_081526 (resized).jpg
20240602_081502 (resized).jpg
20240602_081512 (resized).jpg
IMG_4879 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4878 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4834 (resized).jpeg
There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 87.
#4151 1 year ago

Playfield swap is almost done.

20230624_211955 (resized).jpg20230624_211955 (resized).jpg
#4152 1 year ago

I know that animation exists for some of the extra deadheads. Did they record callouts for those by any chance?

#4153 1 year ago

Does anybody sell the leapers switch?

1 week later
#4154 1 year ago

Just joined the club!
Playfield backboard is just wood, any opinions on the blue decal vs the mirror?

IMG_0822 (resized).jpegIMG_0822 (resized).jpegIMG_0823 (resized).jpegIMG_0823 (resized).jpeg
#4155 1 year ago
Quoted from colocole:

Just joined the club!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Blue decal. Goes with the Lab.

#4156 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Blue decal. Goes with the Lab.

This.

#4157 1 year ago

After 19 years of wanting one, I finally grabbed a SS a little over a week ago. Such a great game!

20230710_185926 (resized).jpg20230710_185926 (resized).jpg
#4158 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

After 19 years of wanting one, I finally grabbed a SS a little over a week ago. Such a great game!
[quoted image]

Nice! Your game room looks awesome!

#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from colocole:

Nice! Your game room looks awesome!

Thank you!

#4160 1 year ago

How are you liking the Scooby-Doo!

#4161 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

After 19 years I finally grabbed a Scared Stiff a little over a week ago.

Looks nice. So how much for a dozen M-80s and a gross of bottle rockets?

#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Honestly, I'm not very happy with it thus far. It was a dream theme for me, so I'm hoping that the code really makes it something special. Right now it just doesn't have the fun factor for me. I'm definitely going to give it a few more code updates, though!

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Looks nice. So how much for a dozen M80s and a gross of bottle rockets?

Hahaha. I can make you a great deal on bottle rockets. No M-80's though.

3 weeks later
#4164 11 months ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “SCARED STIFF METAL PINBALL TOPPER BY PEDRETTI. Purchased earlier this year from Cointaker. This sells for $199.95 plus around $15 to $20 shipping. I am selling mine for $175 ship...”
2023-08-01
Vienna, VA
170 (Firm)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 191 times

1 week later
#4165 11 months ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Quoted from MattElder:

Honestly, I'm not very happy with it thus far. It was a dream theme for me, so I'm hoping that the code really makes it something special. Right now it just doesn't have the fun factor for me. I'm definitely going to give it a few more code updates, though!

I assume that you now have the latest code but if not definitely update with v2023.08.01.21.

Like all pins, quite subjective although some titles are stinky We love Scooby and those that have visited say the same. I never push titles on guests, with 26 pins in our collection, I let people play what they want and this gets the love. This Spooky pin is seeing a lot of updates, which is great!

These are definitely not the Williams/Bally A list games and can be quite polarizing. I have the Alice Cooper from NIB and also love that pin and theme but it got a ton of hate. I have been contacted from a few members to see if I wanted to sell it, and it is not for sale. Shows to go ya. I won't get into their Halloween78, which I also bought and enjoy. I do want to see more code there however but it's fun. In a large collection, there is plenty of choice so that too might make the greater difference than if I was limited in space or funds, I would have to be very picky.

#4166 11 months ago
Quoted from colocole:

Just joined the club!

I was wanting to purchase a SS, but I noticed it didn't have nothing on the backboard as well. Where did you find the blue lighting decal if you don't mind me asking?

#4167 11 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I assume that you now have the latest code but if not definitely update with v2023.08.01.21.

Yes, and in fact I posted last week in the SD owner's thread about how much I was loving the game now. It has gotten way better!!

#4168 11 months ago

Anyone have an extra boney beast skull and vertebrae they are looking to sell?
Doesn't matter if it's scuffed up, I'm wanting to custom paint it.

#4169 11 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anyone have an extra boney beast skull and vertebrae they are looking to sell?
Doesn't matter if it's scuffed up, I'm wanting to custom paint it.

Yes, I do. Please shoot me a PM and we can discuss things.

#4170 10 months ago

Finally joining the SS club!!!

Patience paid off, and I purchased a really decent example of this game locally last Friday!!! I've only been able to play this game at different locations here and there over the years, never enough to really appreciate it. After finally adding this to my collection, I now see why SS has remained so popular for decades, definitely worth the wait!!! Pics coming soon.

1 week later
#4171 10 months ago

My SS needed the Eddy board sensor adjusted, so I took the opportunity to clean and wax the pf and toss 4 new balls in. SS is such a fun, easy to understand game. Completing the 6 modes is achievable for average players, which is nice. I’ve never seen spider multiball, however. Gotta keep making that right ramp shot!

IMG_6341 (resized).jpegIMG_6341 (resized).jpegIMG_6357 (resized).jpegIMG_6357 (resized).jpeg
#4172 10 months ago

Excuse the mess, we're currently working on the game room and everything has been moved to temporary locations around the house. Here's the SS that I picked up a week ago!!! I really like the Elvira statue/topper, but the skull, hands, and crow just arrived today. I'm still on the fence whether they stay or go, just experimenting with different placement. What a great classic game, I don't know why it took so long for me to finally buy one.

Here's the pics that I promised.....

20230902_175424 (resized).jpg20230902_175424 (resized).jpg20230902_175448 (resized).jpg20230902_175448 (resized).jpg20230902_175504 (resized).jpg20230902_175504 (resized).jpg20230902_175512 - Copy (resized).jpg20230902_175512 - Copy (resized).jpg20230902_175527 (resized).jpg20230902_175527 (resized).jpg20230902_175537 - Copy (resized).jpg20230902_175537 - Copy (resized).jpg
#4173 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Excuse the mess, we're currently working on the game room and everything has been moved to temporary locations around the house. Here's the SS that I picked up a week ago!!! I really like the Elvira statue/topper, but the skull, hands, and crow just arrived today. I'm still on the fence whether they stay or go, just experimenting with different placement. What a great classic game, I don't know why it took so long for me to finally buy one.
Here's the pics that I promised.....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a really Nice example you have there. To me, SS is one of the most fun and best looking games around. Now you have to finish the trilogy and get an EATPM.

#4175 10 months ago
Quoted from Honch:

That's a really Nice example you have there. To me, SS is one of the most fun and best looking games around. Now you have to finish the trilogy and get an EATPM.

I'm seriously thinking about it!!!

What's the verdict on the skeleton arms/hands, do they stay or go? (they are in the way when you raise the playfield) I am considering getting rid of them, keep the crow, and move the skull forward and to the right a bit.

#4176 10 months ago

Take those vertebrae off the bony beast ramp & use chalk paint on them to match the skull. Pretty easy. The white stands out to much.

IMG_3160 (resized).jpegIMG_3160 (resized).jpegIMG_3167 (resized).jpegIMG_3167 (resized).jpegIMG_3169 (resized).jpegIMG_3169 (resized).jpegIMG_3170 (resized).jpegIMG_3170 (resized).jpegIMG_3175 (resized).jpegIMG_3175 (resized).jpeg
#4177 10 months ago

Here's a pic without the arms/hands....

20230903_162620 (resized).jpg20230903_162620 (resized).jpg
#4178 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

I'm seriously thinking about it!!!
What's the verdict on the skeleton arms/hands, do they stay or go? (they are in the way when you raise the playfield) I am considering getting rid of them, keep the crow, and move the skull forward and to the right a bit.

If you like it, keep it. I was never one for a lot of extra decorations on a pin. One or two is fine, but I do like when a gameroom sets the tone with a bunch of themed decorations. It can be a great look when done properly , and The Elivira figurine is a keeper no matter what.

#4179 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Here's a pic without the arms/hands....[quoted image]

Less is more, this is better.

#4180 10 months ago

What are people using to keep the Leapers from smashing into the playfield glass? Mine has some rubber pieces on the rods that you can adjust the height that they jump, but every time you hit a Leaper, it pushes the rubber further down the rod so after 3 or 4 games they are back to smashing the glass again. What stays in place and is light weight?

#4181 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

What are people using to keep the Leapers from smashing into the playfield glass? Mine has some rubber pieces on the rods that you can adjust the height that they jump, but every time you hit a Leaper, it pushes the rubber further down the rod so after 3 or 4 games they are back to smashing the glass again. What stays in place and is light weight?

By design, they are actually supposed to hit the glass! And those rubber pieces that you mentioned are merely there to keep the rods from sliding all the way out when the playfield is in the upright position and you're working on things.

#4182 10 months ago

That makes sense, but another concern is what are they doing to the Invisa-glass over time. Mabe I worry about things too much??? lol

#4183 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

That makes sense, but another concern is what are they doing to the Invisa-glass over time. Mabe I worry about things too much??? lol

I haven’t noticed any effect of the leapers (or gargoyles on ehoh) on my Invisiglass. On my Cactus Canyon, the beer mug was leaving a little white mark where it made contact. The beer foam is painted white, so a tiny bit of transfer happened. It wiped right off. I don’t think the frogs or gargoyles leave any marks.

#4184 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Isn't that product only coated on one side? I think it is. I also think the coated side is the topside. That's why you need to use ammonia free products when cleaning your glass. Let the leapers fly as designed.

#4185 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Same as the other's votes, let those leapers fly! I was worried when I first got SS and had success by taping a small piece of cork from a wine bottle to each post under the playfield . It stopped them from hitting the glass but even that little extra weight noticeably slowed down their vertical acceleration. Lethargic Leapers.

After about a month I hated it! I took off those stoppers on the underside and the leapers, and they came alive. Mine have been hitting the glass (regular glass) for over 10 years with no problems.

#4186 10 months ago
Quoted from HangGlider2:

Here's a pic without the arms/hands....[quoted image]

Welcome to the club and wow, that main topper is something else! I'm a fan of less is more, I think it looks better without the skull and hands.

The main statue and wings looks heavy. Is it securely attached? I would be worried it could shake off during more aggressive play or nudging..

#4187 10 months ago
Quoted from colocole:

Just joined the club!

Welcome to the club! (finally catching up around here). I remember there was a lightning mod at some point, same blue lightening stickers, but with some flashers integrated behind...

#4188 10 months ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

Welcome to the club and wow, that main topper is something else! I'm a fan of less is more, I think it looks better without the skull and hands.
The main statue and wings looks heavy. Is it securely attached? I would be worried it could shake off during more aggressive play or nudging..

Yes, the Elvira statue is pretty heavy. It is secured with 4 strips of heavy duty Velcro, you could turn the game on its side and the topper would stay put.

2 weeks later
#4189 9 months ago

I'm looking for real machine pin2dmd file for Scared Stiff.
File format pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq
The ones I have are the one in pictures (please check dimensions and date of creation).
Want to be sure are the latest ones
If you can help I will really appreciated
Thank you in advance

SS (resized).PNGSS (resized).PNG
#4190 9 months ago

My SS is in great condition, but in its previous ownership(s), the left sideart had definitely caught too many rays.

Sharpie red restoration complete!

IMG_2238 (resized).jpegIMG_2238 (resized).jpegIMG_2239 (resized).jpegIMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
#4192 9 months ago

If anyone knows of a scared stiff in cali, I’m looking for one preferably one that needs to be restored. Thanks Mike

#4193 9 months ago

Thinking about getting the side art blades from Pingraffix since they are having a sale this week. Anyone have pictures of them installed. I know some have also went with mirror blades. Can I see em please!!!

#4194 9 months ago
Quoted from A1k71:

I'm looking for real machine pin2dmd file for Scared Stiff.
File format pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq
The ones I have are the one in pictures (please check dimensions and date of creation).
Want to be sure are the latest ones
If you can help I will really appreciated
Thank you in advance[quoted image]

I haven't had any luck finding the set that used to be up on the web. I would love to work on one.

#4195 9 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Thinking about getting the side art blades from Pingraffix since they are having a sale this week. Anyone have pictures of them installed. I know some have also went with mirror blades. Can I see em please!!!

Some cool blades for SS and EATPM. I like the sunburst style from Retro Refurbs on my EATPM, but they’d look great on SS too, and the Tilt ones are awesome. Lots of options.

IMG_0349 (resized).jpegIMG_0349 (resized).jpegIMG_0347 (resized).jpegIMG_0347 (resized).jpegIMG_0346 (resized).jpegIMG_0346 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4196 9 months ago

Been fighting wicked airbags on the bat ramp since I put new ones on. Decided to try out a cover. The cardboard prototype is working 100% for me so far. Going to cut it out of clear plastic and think about a nicer way to connect it than 2 zip ties.

20231001_162412 (resized).jpg20231001_162412 (resized).jpg
#4197 9 months ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Been fighting wicked airbags on the bat ramp since I put new ones on. Decided to try out a cover. The cardboard prototype is working 100% for me so far. Going to cut it out of clear plastic and think about a nicer way to connect it than 2 zip ties.
[quoted image]

Putting a plastic over the ramp is also a good idea.
This ramp was also renewed on my Scared Stiff. The balls flew directly into the Monster Lab.
I placed a small rubber between the two ramps. Since then it is much better. The balls fly only very rarely out of the curve.

IMG_0238 (resized).jpegIMG_0238 (resized).jpeg
#4198 9 months ago

Best cab decals to get? Going to restore my SS and wondering who sells the best cab decals? Thanks Mike

#4199 9 months ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Best cab decals to get? Going to restore my SS and wondering who sells the best cab decals? Thanks Mike

IMG_0992 (resized).jpegIMG_0992 (resized).jpeg
#4200 9 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

[quoted image]

LOL, Thanks bought those this morning! Thanks Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 37.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Shepherdstown, WV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mequon, WI
£ 38.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CA
$ 249.00
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 4,322 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.