909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 85.
#3851 2 years ago

Vexed and perplexed with a problem related to the eddy sensor board. Any leads are appreciated. My tech skills are pretty limited.

Here is the situation and what I've tried:

(1) Originally, hits on the crate all registered but then gradually only registered sometimes, and finally not at all.
(2) With the crate no longer registering hits in switch test mode or gameplay, I replaced both the flat eddy sensor that sits under the playfield insert and the eddy board with a new one from pinball life. Installing the new flat sensor and new eddy board resulted in no change.
(3) I tested the small two-pin connector for continuity coming from the flat sensor, and there is continuity.
(4) With both the old and new board, the LED light STAYS LIT as soon as the game boots and never goes off. I see that the old and new board both have a potentiometer and I have read a website about adjusting the pot, so on both boards I have adjusted the pot with a screwdriver to its minimum, midpoint, and maximum and run a switch and gameplay test again, but with no change. Meanwhile, even with adjusting the pot with the game turned on, the LED light on the eddy never goes off. A meter test confirms that adjusting the pot on both the old and new board does show a change in resistance.
(5) All LED lights on top of the crate do light in attract mode, and both optos in the crate under the playfield do work (perhaps irrelevant, but just in case).
(6) THE BIG ONE: During gameplay, if selecting the crate from the spider hole, the crate DOES register a hit, despite the eddy board not registering any.

So any ideas? I feel like the problem is not actually in the eddy boards, but in one of the backbox boards, which may not be communicating with the eddy. If so, which board and what could be the problem?

Grateful for any advice!

#3852 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Vexed and perplexed with a problem related to the eddy sensor board. Any leads are appreciated.

Could there be anything else triggering the eddy sensor (e.g. a metal hole protector)? Maybe try and remove the sensor from the playfield and see if the LED turns off when it's in mid-air.

Just this weekend my crate stopped registering hits and when I checked the sensor the LED was permanently on. Thankfully I was able to just tune the pot a little. The LED should be off in steady state and turn on when you pass a pinball close to it.

Quoted from JOESCHALL:

(6) THE BIG ONE: During gameplay, if selecting the crate from the spider hole, the crate DOES register a hit, despite the eddy board not registering any.

I believe this is just done in software -- the game grants a hit to the crate when you select it from the spider. But it does show that the LED drivers are working.

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from waveman:

Could there be anything else triggering the eddy sensor (e.g. a metal hole protector)? Maybe try and remove the sensor from the playfield and see if the LED turns off when it's in mid-air.

Just this weekend my crate stopped registering hits and when I checked the sensor the LED was permanently on. Thankfully I was able to just tune the pot a little. The LED should be off in steady state and turn on when you pass a pinball close to it.

Thanks so much for the response. The LED light state information is useful, as is the idea of whether something else metal could be triggering the sensor or eddy board. Based on a test I also did by letting both the flat panel sensor and eddy board dangle from the playfield and passing a ball over the flat panel sensor (with no response), I don't think there is something else triggering it, but it's worth a closer look. Also, even if I unhook the flat panel two-pinned sensor from the board, the LED light on the eddy sensor board stays on, so I'm still puzzled.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

#3854 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Also, even if I unhook the flat panel two-pinned sensor from the board, the LED light on the eddy sensor board stays on, so I'm still puzzled

This is completely expected.
A ball passing over the sensor changes impedance for it to be 'out of' range of the expectation, so it activated the switch/LED.
Unplugging the loop board will do the exact same thing.

#3855 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This is completely expected.
A ball passing over the sensor changes impedance for it to be 'out of' range of the expectation, so it activated the switch/LED.
Unplugging the loop board will do the exact same thing.

Thanks for the response, Coyote. Still puzzled as to what the problem could be, given that I have tried two different boards and adjusted the pot on both, with the LED light staying on no matter what the pot position is.

#3856 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I have tried two different boards

I saw you mention this before - which board(s) were different? Two different driver (board with the pot and LED) and loop boards? Or did you only change the driver only? Did you try adjusting the pot with the loop board not mounted on the playfield?

1. It's possible the loop board is shorted, or bad,
2. It's possible that like someone else mentioned, that something (metal) is interfering with the loop board.
3. It's possible that the cable connecting the two is picking up interference or not making a solid connection.

For #3, for example, it's a common fix in TZ to hard-solder the connecting cable, as interference, iffy, and loose connections to the plug can cause bad inductance readings.

#3857 2 years ago

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have replaced both the driver board and the loop board, and I have tried adjusting the pot without the loop board mounted to the PF. But I'll keep troubleshooting with what you said in mind. I may try the hard-soldering route as well.

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Thanks for the detailed reply. I have replaced both the driver board and the loop board, and I have tried adjusting the pot without the loop board mounted to the PF. But I'll keep troubleshooting with what you said in mind. I may try the hard-soldering route as well.

Okay - some things to keep in mind: (And I only bring this up because in the past, I've had to deal with this in my career. You know those squares or circles you see on the roadway in front of traffic signals? Some railroads use them as well. Yeah, same detection technology here.) I'm not saying that these would be enough to set off the board here in SS, but it's issues I've run into before -

Depending on the sensitivity, some things you think may not interfere can cause issues - including a person's fingers simply holding the loop board. A dirty board, or a scraped solder mask (green coating on the board) can cause issues.

I am ALSO assuming that the LED is a sensor LED and not a +12v or +5v indicator LED. I don't have this game in my collection now, and I don't remember having to ever mess with the board, but the manual says that the LED is representing the output and not voltage present. If you have a 3rd party board, though, I would double-check.

The cable connecting the two will be BEST if the two conductors are twisted and not loose. Help minimize noise.

The cable connecting the loop board with the driver board has no polarity. (Because the 'loop' board is just that, a loop.)

Honestly, I would check your cable connecting the two boards - likely there is a loose/intermittent connection on the IDC connectors.

#3859 2 years ago

Some useful ideas. The next chance I get I will experiment further. Thanks!

#3860 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I have adjusted the pot with a screwdriver to its minimum, midpoint, and maximum

See the attached photo on a good calibration technique. The sensors are very sensitive and you might (hopefully) just need to fine tune it.

Note - this applies to the OEM PCB. I don't know about the PL one.

Screenshot_20200619-155832_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200619-155832_Chrome (resized).jpg

#3861 2 years ago

I have an issue that I'm having a hard time figuring out. The spider wheel works fine most of the time, but occasionally it will continue to spin a bit past the point when you hit the flippers. If you hit the flipper at Double Trouble, for example, it will light up. The problem is that sometimes the spider will continue past that point. Sometimes a little bit, sometimes a lot. The light and the pointer don't match up when this happens. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks.

#3862 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

See the attached photo on a good calibration technique. The sensors are very sensitive and you might (hopefully) just need to fine tune it.

Note - this applies to the OEM PCB. I don't know about the PL one.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, amxfc3s. I will experiment. I do appreciate it!

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

I have an issue that I'm having a hard time figuring out. The spider wheel works fine most of the time, but occasionally it will continue to spin a bit past the point when you hit the flippers. If you hit the flipper at Double Trouble, for example, it will light up. The problem is that sometimes the spider will continue past that point. Sometimes a little bit, sometimes a lot. The light and the pointer don't match up when this happens. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks.

Also forgot to mention that everything works fine in test.

#3864 2 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Also forgot to mention that everything works fine in test.

In case anyone else has this problem, I reflowed the connectors on the spider board and everything is working fine now.

#3865 2 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

In case anyone else has this problem, I reflowed the connectors on the spider board and everything is working fine now.

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the update. I was going to take a look at my spider wheel this weekend to see if I had any notions, but you beat me to it. Congrats!

2 weeks later
#3866 2 years ago

Let me know if you would sell or consider trading your SS. Thank you.

#3867 2 years ago

Hi!

I just got a Scared Stiff, but the mechanism that makes the crater Hold its door it's not there. I just bought the metal piece that holds the door close, but I don't know how to install it. Can so some take a picture of your mechanism for me, please? I need to see how the coil connects with the metal piece.

Thanks for your help!

#3868 2 years ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

Hi!
I just got a Scared Stiff, but the mechanism that makes the crater Hold its door it's not there. I just bought the metal piece that holds the door close, but I don't know how to install it. Can so some take a picture of your mechanism for me, please? I need to see how the coil connects with the metal piece.
Thanks for your help!

The manual shows all assemblies in the game. If you don't have it then to to ipdb.org, put game title in search and download the pdf file.

Edit: check page 2-31
20210704_214442 (resized).jpg20210704_214442 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

Hi!
I just got a Scared Stiff, but the mechanism that makes the crater Hold its door it's not there.

I have this complete assembly. It’s NOS. I got it when I bought a garage full of parts from a guy that restored machines in the 90s and closed shop in 2000.
No idea what it’s worth - quite a bit. It’s a plug and play “fix”. Can’t believe distributors used to have complete assemblies like this on the shelf.

D708D502-A0CF-4E2B-AB54-92550D4713C8 (resized).jpegD708D502-A0CF-4E2B-AB54-92550D4713C8 (resized).jpeg
#3870 2 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Can’t believe distributors used to have complete assemblies like this on the shelf.

Because while we 'home' collectors are upset when little things break, back in the day when operators were the main reason Pins existed distributors had to stock up on components that broke easily. A day down is a day's worth of earnings lost.

#3871 2 years ago

Going back a few weeks to when I could not get a new eddy sensor board for SS to register any crate hits, even when adjusting the pot, troubleshooting anything that could have been causing interference, and trying workarounds, I decided to get another new board, but this time with the autocalibration feature and no pot. The only available distributor was tangles' pin parts in Australia, but it was worth the wait. This "smart" eddy sensor worked immediately, so finally I can "feed the crate" again. I'm still perplexed as to why a new board from a reliable U.S. distributor could not be made to work, but I'm very grateful for all the advice from amxfc3s, coyote, and waveman related to my original post.

2 weeks later
#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Very interesting to hear this. Everything on this SS in that area is brand new (or new old stock) from the full ramp to the full spider VUK assembly but I am just getting too many rejects. I've tried everything that I can think of to dial it in but still rejects too often. I will try to make this piece up but it doesn't give me a

Went to a friend's place tonight to look at his scared stiff and I am clearly missing a full second flap! (lower gate trap door and flap). Although I have now found a detailed description of what is missing, there doesn't seem to be either any photos or detailed diagram anywhere, including in the manual.
The description of the assembly is:
'Bally SCARED STIFF pinball machine A-21032 Trapdoor Assembly'.
Of the itemized parts which make up the assembly, I do actually have the 01-14385.1 bracket installed along with the #12-7365 wire gate on it. This is the wire/gate on the upper side of the spider hole (when you short plunge, the ball opens the wire gate and drops into the topside of the spider hole). I assume that most SS owners have this bracket and wire gate, as well as the flap which is riveted right on the beast ramp itself, covering the back portion of the hole in the beast ramp.
Now on the 01-14385.1 bracket, there is an extended top which has two holes to hinge (using the straight wire/bar hinge 12-7346) the missing the gate trap door, which should also have a long flap riveted to it. This flap goes through the beast ramp hole and rests on the front (not the one that sits above it riveted to the actual beast ramp. So when the ball is kicked up from the spider VUK, it hits the underside of the long flap on the gate trap door bracket and lifts letting the ball up and onto the beast ramp, it then closes behind to prevent the ball from going back down into the VUK.
Missing:
04-10457.1 gate trap door (this is apparently not pictured or available anywhere)
12-7346 Wire hinge (straight wire/bar)
2 rivets and flap (although I don't need the 2 rivets)
Here are some pictures of what is full assembly, installed is supposed to look like. If anyone know where to order the 04-10457.1 gate trap door, please let me know otherwise I will try to make something.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does anybody know where to get a replacement gate trap door? Mine recently seems to fall off the ramp edge and hangs down which stops the ball from going up from the VUK and into the right ramp. When it’s in the right position flapping above the hole the kickout works great. Mine seems like it needs to be extended so it stays on the ramp edge and over the top of the hole.

Edit: Found one at Marco but looks like you have to rivet it in yourself.

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does anybody know where to get a replacement gate trap door? Mine recently seems to fall off the ramp edge and hangs down which stops the ball from going up from the VUK and into the right ramp. When it’s in the right position flapping above the hole the kickout works great. Mine seems like it needs to be extended so it stays on the ramp edge and over the top of the hole.
Edit: Found one at Marco but looks like you have to rivet it in yourself.

My flap was 1-2 mm to short and would fall down. I had changed ramp as the old was broken and the hole was probably slightly larger in the new ramp. No slack to adjust the ramp position either as the ramp screw holes would not align properly then.

My solution was to take a short bit (maybe one cm) of standard translucent tape, fold it at the middle and fasten both ends above and below the ramp edge. This gives the metal flap a ~2mm invisible edge to rest on. This has worked for more than two years now without any problems.

#3874 2 years ago

I bought a new boney beast ramp a while back too and have yet to replace it but the tape sounds like a cheap option. I’ll give it a try thanks.

#3875 2 years ago

Mickspinball.com is now offering, and has available the LED oscillating disc's for any single lamp location. This product is designed to be used on any machine that has an open playfield lamp location that you might want to enhance.

Oscillator.GIFOscillator.GIF

Below are three examples of upgrades to playfield lighting that that I installed on my personal Scared Stiff using the LED oscillating disc.

Shoot Again.GIFShoot Again.GIF
Light Lock.GIFLight Lock.GIF
Telepathic Powers.GIFTelepathic Powers.GIF

The web site currently lists several options and available kits that can be installed on any machine or location, as well as some Kits that are specific to ST:TNG. It can be installed in any light location that uses Wedge or Bayonet type connections. It can also be connected to any GI Lighting source. For any other types of connections that you may be interested in doing, please contact me to provide details for your desired connection location and type.

Details can be found on my website at: https://www.mickspinball.com/circular-red-oscillating-led-flasher. Please check out the web site for ordering information, and of course, if there are any questions please let me know.

This really is another fantastic Pinball addition, along with my laser cannons that I have been offering since 2002.

#3876 2 years ago

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a lamp board for my Scared Stiff, Bally part # A-21277. Holds 4 555 bulbs & mounts under playfield middle right. Any help would be great. John”
2021-09-17
Highland Lakes, NJ
Wanted
Archived after: 207 days
Viewed: 109 times

#3877 2 years ago

Anybody have an extra set of sling shot plastics you can sell at a reasonable price? Wish someone would re-create the original ones as some of the others I’ve seen look weird.

#3878 2 years ago

Just picked up a beautifully restored SS. What’s everyone’s favorite side blade set?

#3879 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Just picked up a beautifully restored SS. What’s everyone’s favorite side blade set?

Pics?

#3880 2 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

LED oscillating disc's for any single lamp location

VERY cool!!

#3881 2 years ago

Pics

271CB74F-F77D-4464-A33A-1DA49F7A8289 (resized).jpeg271CB74F-F77D-4464-A33A-1DA49F7A8289 (resized).jpeg418FBD3E-23D6-46B3-A97A-5D4092263086 (resized).jpeg418FBD3E-23D6-46B3-A97A-5D4092263086 (resized).jpeg5D5E26AE-5D9C-4F8D-8319-C6B6BEFC3865 (resized).jpeg5D5E26AE-5D9C-4F8D-8319-C6B6BEFC3865 (resized).jpeg6057C899-63F6-4E7C-88FE-0CFF1832BDFF (resized).jpeg6057C899-63F6-4E7C-88FE-0CFF1832BDFF (resized).jpeg65AB9D3B-F6D0-4153-835C-B12ED0DE1304 (resized).jpeg65AB9D3B-F6D0-4153-835C-B12ED0DE1304 (resized).jpeg68D3BC60-1589-4D41-A20F-6A218C784CC0 (resized).jpeg68D3BC60-1589-4D41-A20F-6A218C784CC0 (resized).jpeg6DA59013-A9D3-40DF-AA61-BC6535E128C6 (resized).jpeg6DA59013-A9D3-40DF-AA61-BC6535E128C6 (resized).jpeg8ADD4195-DE16-4B27-A46A-B3B9B97E391C (resized).jpeg8ADD4195-DE16-4B27-A46A-B3B9B97E391C (resized).jpeg9BAAAC5D-2657-42EF-AA74-52C75434AD54 (resized).jpeg9BAAAC5D-2657-42EF-AA74-52C75434AD54 (resized).jpeg9FD647AA-9FCE-496E-BC7A-09262BF431AD (resized).jpeg9FD647AA-9FCE-496E-BC7A-09262BF431AD (resized).jpegAD647E8C-8F50-48A2-BEDA-1C2CFE6979E4 (resized).jpegAD647E8C-8F50-48A2-BEDA-1C2CFE6979E4 (resized).jpegEAB3B751-348B-45F6-A26A-F93623679BC3 (resized).jpegEAB3B751-348B-45F6-A26A-F93623679BC3 (resized).jpegEE357B9A-3C5E-43F6-A23C-4F92B5B825B3 (resized).jpegEE357B9A-3C5E-43F6-A23C-4F92B5B825B3 (resized).jpegF819ECA8-47E4-4AE0-90B1-010534298000 (resized).jpegF819ECA8-47E4-4AE0-90B1-010534298000 (resized).jpeg
#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

That’s a beauty! I bought a restored SS a couple years ago and it looks very much like that. Good find! I have had the blue and the red blades from Tilt on mine, I prefer the blue. My favorite Elvira blades are from Retro Refurbs, and are actually for EATPM, I believe, and I have them on my Party Monsters. I would put them on SS too if I ever change them. I like the color transition. These dripping green slime ones from Tilt for EATPM are cool too! Any would look good.

6F826D25-782E-4DAC-80FA-03E687B09F2D (resized).png6F826D25-782E-4DAC-80FA-03E687B09F2D (resized).png0A59128D-CDC5-4744-832E-26A1F83268C4 (resized).png0A59128D-CDC5-4744-832E-26A1F83268C4 (resized).pngC4BD7E8E-C92F-4099-B5F5-D45648260425 (resized).pngC4BD7E8E-C92F-4099-B5F5-D45648260425 (resized).png
1 week later
#3883 2 years ago

Having a real weird opto problem on switches 37-left (crate) kickout and 42-middle coffin lock. The opto on the crate kickout works for a while when testing and then stops. Come back a little later and it does the same thing. Opto on switch 42 will work once or twice in test mode and then stops. Come back latter and it works once or twice then stops again. Both the transmitter and receiver on both switches have been changed out to new ones. Is there a problem with my 16 switch opto board underneath the playfield and how do I troubleshoot that? Why do both switches work intermittently and then stop?

#3884 2 years ago

In case any of you new guys missed my interview with Dennis Nordman....
https://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/

1 week later
#3885 2 years ago

Can anyone help me identify this part, I found it rolling around the top of playfield last night while playing. Looks like it broke off something. Game seems to playing fine & all working unless I’m missing something. Originally I thought it was part of the transmitter/receivers on the ramps but doesn’t look like it. Any help would be great, says 25v on it & the backside looks & feels like it had 2 solid wires on it. With this piece rolling around I assume something isn’t working. PM me or respond here. Thank you, John

707392C9-E6A1-4C18-90DE-D176D02445B9 (resized).jpeg707392C9-E6A1-4C18-90DE-D176D02445B9 (resized).jpegED4E8264-889B-46DD-9EF4-F0727F639EFB (resized).jpegED4E8264-889B-46DD-9EF4-F0727F639EFB (resized).jpegEFEC5699-0A01-4B80-873B-6C3BEB57E282 (resized).jpegEFEC5699-0A01-4B80-873B-6C3BEB57E282 (resized).jpeg
#3886 2 years ago

Ok so I’m thinking this is a 25v capacitor on a board up by the skull pile possibly. I have to investigate further. John

#3887 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

These dripping green slime ones from Tilt for EATPM are cool too!

I used these on my machine. But I had to in order to match the armor!

#3888 2 years ago
BE1314CE-0055-487A-B047-68F7D4E539F4 (resized).jpegBE1314CE-0055-487A-B047-68F7D4E539F4 (resized).jpeg
#3889 2 years ago
D7B95D4D-68A9-42FF-AFF6-82DA4C0E7B33 (resized).jpegD7B95D4D-68A9-42FF-AFF6-82DA4C0E7B33 (resized).jpeg
#3890 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Ok so I’m thinking this is a 25v capacitor on a board up by the skull pile possibly.

Well, it's definitely a 25v cap, but as to where it came from...? I don't think that there is a cap on the skull. Did someone perhaps unsolder this from something a while back and it fell into the playfield and was wedged until today? Do you have any mods?

#3891 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Well, it's definitely a 25v cap, but as to where it came from...? I don't think that there is a cap on the skull. Did someone perhaps unsolder this from something a while back and it fell into the playfield and was wedged until today? Do you have any mods?

Skull pile mod, boogiemen, & color DMD. I’m thinking it’s nothing. Looking further into it, thanks

1 week later
#3892 2 years ago

Hi pinsiders, i join the club. I have a question, i remove the ramp to clean and forget where this plástic go, can someone help me please?

IMG_20210914_215324153_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_215324153_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_215356955_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_215356955_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_215416932 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_215416932 (resized).jpg
#3893 2 years ago

Don’t see that anywhere on my game. The only clear plastics I have are upper right by the bumpers.

#3894 2 years ago
C46ADC68-DA02-4B99-8EA6-8884A5561FBC (resized).jpegC46ADC68-DA02-4B99-8EA6-8884A5561FBC (resized).jpeg
#3895 2 years ago

I've got a plastic set from cointaker that I'm not going to use. Cost was $129 plus shipping (and maybe tax?). Will sell for $120 shipped via PayPal f&f.

https://cointaker.com/products/scared-stiff-plastic-set

email163173646627020210915_155207 (resized).jpgemail163173646627020210915_155207 (resized).jpg Added over 3 years ago:

New price $110 shipped

3 weeks later
#3896 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Going back a few weeks to when I could not get a new eddy sensor board for SS to register any crate hits, even when adjusting the pot, troubleshooting anything that could have been causing interference, and trying workarounds, I decided to get another new board, but this time with the autocalibration feature and no pot. The only available distributor was tangles' pin parts in Australia, but it was worth the wait. This "smart" eddy sensor worked immediately, so finally I can "feed the crate" again. I'm still perplexed as to why a new board from a reliable U.S. distributor could not be made to work, but I'm very grateful for all the advice from amxfc3s, coyote, and waveman related to my original post.

My crate sensor just started acting up. I haven't even popped the hood to mess with the pot yet, but even if I can get it working I might want to get a modern eddy sensor in there for the long term. Are you still happy with the Tangles version?

#3897 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

My crate sensor just started acting up. I haven't even popped the hood to mess with the pot yet, but even if I can get it working I might want to get a modern eddy sensor in there for the long term. Are you still happy with the Tangles version?

I can chime in here- I picked up the Tangles auto sensor board last year. I haven't had a single shot to the crate not register. With the old board, it was at least 2 to 3 times a year the pot needed to be dialed in. Pick up the auto sensor board, you'll be glad you did.

#3898 2 years ago

Thanks much for the confirmation @in2kiss!

#3899 2 years ago

I just noticed my SS ROM is version 1.2! I have had a ColorDMD in it since 2014 so my ColorDMD software is ancient too.

I saw some posts about poorly colored transitions with the current SS ColorDMD and ROM 1.5? Did that get straightened out? I'm trying to decide if I should update all the software, or leave it alone.

#3900 2 years ago

Does anyone have a part number for the adjustable pot on the crate eddy board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 249.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 39.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/78?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.