New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29319)

SCARED STIFF Club...Members Only

By spfxted

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,672 posts
  • 392 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by wayinla
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,267 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
20200722_192834 (resized).jpg
7947A0CE-ECB5-43E3-9DBB-A7DDBB38FAED (resized).jpeg
20200701_165150 (resized).jpg
20200701_165145 (resized).jpg
20200701_165135 (resized).jpg
IMG-1240 (resized).jpg
IMG-1239 (resized).jpg
IMG-1238 (resized).jpg
IMG-7269 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG
IMG-1237 (resized).jpg
IMG-1236 (resized).jpg
IMG-1235 (resized).jpg

There are 3672 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 74.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

I'm still looking for a spider pointer if anyone comes across one

I think Planetary had 2 of them at the Allentown Show. I thought they were too expensive, so I passed. DOH!!

#302 7 years ago

I need to order a led eye skull pile mod, a set of dancing boogie men and flickering flames. Any recommendations of the best place to buy all three to save on shipping?

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

My SS needs the same. The one I have is cracked in several places and apparently glued in place on the posts.

You might want to check with Illinois pinball.com. He seems to have a lot if stuff not on his site.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

You might want to check with Illinois pinball.com. He seems to have a lot if stuff not on his site.

Thanks - will check it out.

Freeplayamusements . com sells dancing boogie men but not sure about the other pieces.

#305 7 years ago

The dancing boogie time is my fav mode ,, Get Down to funky town ..

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

Thanks - will check it out.
Freeplayamusements . com sells dancing boogie men but not sure about the other pieces.

Cool I have never used them but they seem to have really nice stuff, and priced well.

Quoted from PinFever:

The dancing boogie time is my fav mode ,, Get Down to funky town ..

Ha yeh it cracks me up. Several friends say its to distracting but I just get into the boogie groove

#307 7 years ago

Began shopping mine a month ago ,couldn't stop. Guess its inevitable time for clear coat. Probably should have played it a little longer.

#308 7 years ago

I have to look up the place...but they have a Special where you can get both...Great stuff!

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

So does Steve Young! Try him also, if you don't have any luck!

#311 7 years ago

Can anyone conform the correct value for F107? Mine was blown, and it had a 3.15A fast blow in it. I replaced it with a 4A fast blow per the fuse list, and it played fine for about 2 hours, then blew again. I read an old RGP post suggesting that it should be a slow blow, but I can't find it in the manual.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Can anyone conform the correct value for F107? Mine was blown, and it had a 3.15A fast blow in it. I replaced it with a 4A fast blow per the fuse list, and it played fine for about 2 hours, then blew again. I read an old RGP post suggesting that it should be a slow blow, but I can't find it in the manual.

Mines a T4 (timed slow blow).

#313 7 years ago

Thanks. I should probably know the answer to this, but you seem to imply the "T" is notation that indicates slow blow.

#314 7 years ago

Well guys, after careful consideration, I have decided to leave the SS club......IDTatoo snatched up my SS... So I guess I am out. Sniff sniffle tear.....

I am going to go install a flicker flame set for him and get a few more plays in first though! Gotta go!

#315 7 years ago

Hey! I thought idtatoo HAD a SS.....

#316 7 years ago

No worries fireman...you'll be back...

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey! I thought idtatoo HAD a SS.....

I in fact do have one, it is tenitivly sold to a local pinsider. I have been after Ovf's ss since he got it. I am exited to see mine off tonight to welcome in another one to mn Sunday. I actually am taking Bryan Kelly's bdk down to ovf when I pick up his huo ss.

#319 7 years ago
Quoted from Muppet_Man:

Mines a T4 (timed slow blow).

Rather than fast and slow blow over here, we have fast and timed (don't ask me why). So the T is the same as a slow blow.

Cheers

#320 7 years ago

Here is a link that shows that the "T" designation is for slow-blow fuses:

http://www.ehow.com/about_6525933_difference-between-ceramic-glass-fuses.html

Quoted from article: "The fuses available are very fast acting fuses (FF), fast-acting or quick-blow fuses (F), medium-acting or semi-delay fuses (M), slow-blow, time-lag or time-delay fuses (T) and very-slow-acting, long-time-lag or super-time-lag fuses (TT)."

#321 7 years ago

What is the reason behind the different ss backboard decals? My old one had a really cool green one and my new one has the lightning/electricity. Just curious as I believe there are 3 in total.

#322 7 years ago

New member here

#323 7 years ago

Welcome!! Funny thing... I played Party Monsters, Attack From Mars and Revenge from Mars this weekend, and ya know what?....I STILL think Scared Stiff is the better game!! ...Just me.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

New member here

Heck yeh welcome to the party, its pretty awesome. I was without one for three days and was amazed how much I missed it.

My new one is set up, just have to figure out the tough switch 1 error and download a Manuel

#325 7 years ago

Ok...are we all going to get SS tattoos?

#326 7 years ago

Anyone have the paint code for the light green that GAP did on his powdercoating ?

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

I need to order a led eye skull pile mod...

As the original creator of this mod, I still sell them. Both multicolor and all red versions available. $65 shipped in the U.S. for Pinside members. PM me directly.

I no longer sell the dancing boogie men ... too labor intensive to assemble.

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok...are we all going to get SS tattoos?

Think you could arrange a group buy?

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

New member here

Congrats, you will love it!

#330 7 years ago

I think idtattoo can hook us up!

#331 7 years ago

Right, Ive had mine done. Who's next?

Tattoo.jpg

#333 7 years ago

is that for real? Wow!

#334 7 years ago

I'm going to have to draw the line on a stiff-o -meter on my back. Imagine if you went to prison.You would not make it out alive.

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

I'm still looking for a spider pointer if anyone comes across one

PM sent

#336 7 years ago

Hey J! You better have 2!

#337 7 years ago

Thought my SS played hard so to speak. Just watched my awesome friend put 108 million on it and get 3 Stiffometers and spider ball!!

I really need to up my game as not done the stiffometer yet....

Also realized how awesome SS stiff is as spider multiball is epic!!!

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

spider multiball is epic!!!

I will achieve this someday.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I will achieve this someday.

+1. I haven't gotten it yet either, but someday it will happen!

#340 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Me too!

#341 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Shapeshifter said:

Me too!

Not even close here...... Guess I'll have to keep trying!

#342 7 years ago

I have to admit, I cheated when my tech was over with the glass off. He yelled at me! ''It HAS to be EARNED!!'' gee....

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have to admit, I cheated when my tech was over with the glass off. He yelled at me! ''It HAS to be EARNED!!''

I've been tempted to do the same, just so I can see / hear what happens after you master this. I always wonder how many cool things I'm missing on my machines as I never get far enough in them to experience half the sounds, lights & animations! As you can read into, my pin skills are severely lacking... ha

#344 7 years ago

And it was the first time I have even seen the stiffometer completed - way better than expected and can't wait to do it myself.

SS really is a stunning pin. Reaching that phase of pin collecting where it is getting harder and harder to sell pins!!

#345 7 years ago

Count me in, complete with stand-up! I got mine from an ice cream shop, the wife and I spied it on vacation. I got hold of the operator and went back a few weeks later to get it. The basement smelled like waffle cones for weeks - it was great! Don

#346 7 years ago

Count me in! Its in storage but i still have it......

#347 7 years ago

I'm in! Its in storage at the moment but... oops - sorry for the double post

Post edited by pinzrfun : double post

#348 7 years ago

You are IN! Storage?? wtf

#349 7 years ago

Right, Ive had mine done. Who's next?

spidey_tattoo_1.jpg

#350 7 years ago

elvira_tat.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Islip, NY
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 3672 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside