909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 85.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

When hands are working, brain takes a break » sounds better in french

Amen to that! Game looks Awesome! You must be getting excited to get her going.

#3352 4 years ago

Because I randomly feel like being nice, here are the wire combinations to get the Skull Pile LED mod going if you DIY.

This was specific to my game, and I anticipate this should be universal across all SS.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Thanks Jimbeam and Weaverj,
The coil sleeve was pretty dirty, after I replaced it the ball was making it to the ramp after 3 or 4 tries, so I took a closer look and it was getting all the way up to the bracket that protects the bones and then bouncing back into the scoop.
I tried holding the stiffer flap down with a screw driver and with some pressure form the stiffer flap the thinner flap closes faster and the ball rolls down the ramp instead of back into the scoop. It looks like a previous owner had some trouble with this and decided that bending the flap away was a good idea. Now I will take the ramp apart and fix the flap properly.

I know this post was a year ago, but I had same issue and the top of the armature was worn flat at an angle instead of cupped. Replaced it and now 100% onto the ramp.

#3354 4 years ago

Thanks for that^^^^ Good to hear that she is firing on all cylinders!

#3355 4 years ago

Just had a great game yesterday and looking forward to more info about Elvira 3

#3356 4 years ago

After all these years, finally got Scared Stiff mode for the first time! The effect show it does for that is awesome, never saw it before. Doubt I can pull off wizard mode though.

IMG_20190803_212308 (resized).jpgIMG_20190803_212308 (resized).jpg
#3357 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

more info about Elvira 3

I am going to Expo this year (for the first time) I am hoping that the reveal will happen there!

#3359 4 years ago

Check out my Scared Stiff that I added a ton of mods to and powder coated Green. Notice the sideblade art with the lime green... it goes perfect with the powder coating. We even added a video screen and much more. I posted here before but I wanted to get more pics! Here ya go! All these games are at our haunted house. www.thedarkness.com

IMG_4830 (resized).jpgIMG_4830 (resized).jpgIMG_4903 (resized).jpgIMG_4903 (resized).jpgIMG_4904 (resized).jpgIMG_4904 (resized).jpgIMG_4905 (resized).jpgIMG_4905 (resized).jpgIMG_4906 (resized).jpgIMG_4906 (resized).jpgIMG_4907 (resized).jpgIMG_4907 (resized).jpg
#3360 4 years ago

Love the haunted house Arcade! Very Cool! Yeah I used those pinblades too. They do match well the slimy armor. Nice Job!

#3361 4 years ago

Looks great! I got the drippy pinblades as well. just haven't put them on yet. I'm gonna get some of that plastic dripp stuff as well for the speaker panel...

#3362 4 years ago

If anyone is interested I have a brand new 2Niro Boney Beast Eye kit ready to go, all included parts are shown in the last picture. I bought this kit but never installed it, as I am getting ready to sell my machine. I see Mezel Mods has it listed on their site for $180.00 plus shipping, I will sell and ship this for $150.00, USPS Priority mail.

Please PM me from here, if there are any questions..

Mick

mickspinball.com

beasteyes (resized).jpgbeasteyes (resized).jpgbeasteyes1 (resized).jpgbeasteyes1 (resized).jpgbeasteyes2 (resized).jpgbeasteyes2 (resized).jpg Added over 5 years ago:

SOLD

1 month later
#3363 4 years ago

Looks like Planetary Pinball has the blue jet bumper tops in stock finally....

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9267-10

#3364 4 years ago

Awesome That_Pin_Dude ! Thanks for the heads up!

#3365 4 years ago

Anyone have a spare set of the backbox plastics? I just noticed that PP is out when I went to grab the blue caps.
Also, I have a spare coffin mech, if someone is interested in a trade or buy.

#3366 4 years ago

I need to replace my crate door decal (actually I also have a full metal crate / door and decals if needed),
but I was looking at the playfield and I think I might have to remove the whole assembly from underneath?

I looked at the manual diagram and it really wasn't helpful.

Can I get a brief walkthrough?

Also... What's the deal with shooter rod springs? I put in white ones which are supposed to be the correct strength (?),
and after a short while it lacks the power to hit the crate.
Brown which I believe is the next step up makes it very difficult to get the spider hole skill shot.
I can't figure out why I can't get mine to plunge like other SS's.
I've even tried modifying springs.
I guess just use a brown spring and wait for it to fatigue?

Thanks!

BobC

#3367 4 years ago

Cliffy crate protector...is that held on with pressure from the crate assembly?
Or am I supposed to find little screws for the holes in the bottom of the protector?
In checked Cliffy's website and it wasn't clear to me from the pictures.
There's a picture from the underside without the protector fully installed yet, there do appear to be existing screw holes in the bottom of the playfield but they don't line up with the holes in the protector (actually I'd better check my protector tomorrow, the design might have changed?)
There's something somebody wrote up, but it's for the protector next to the crate, and unfortunately not the front door of the crate...

Thanks again!

BobC

#3368 4 years ago

just spoke with cpr and the Scared Stiff Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

#3369 4 years ago

Sterns new Elvira. I bet it wont be as good as scared stiff.

20190913_163511 (resized).jpg20190913_163511 (resized).jpg
#3370 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

just spoke with cpr and the Scared Stiff Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

They posted that in one of their Pinside threads quite a while ago but never followed up on it or said anything more. I hope you are right. I would love to get one!

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I need to replace my crate door decal (actually I also have a full metal crate / door and decals if needed),
but I was looking at the playfield and I think I might have to remove the whole assembly from underneath?
I looked at the manual diagram and it really wasn't helpful.
Can I get a brief walkthrough?
Also... What's the deal with shooter rod springs? I put in white ones which are supposed to be the correct strength (?),
and after a short while it lacks the power to hit the crate.
Brown which I believe is the next step up makes it very difficult to get the spider hole skill shot.
I can't figure out why I can't get mine to plunge like other SS's.
I've even tried modifying springs.
I guess just use a brown spring and wait for it to fatigue?
Thanks!

I have the silver one in mine. Never had a problem. Make sure that your plunger isn't hitting your auto launch mech. I have had this issue with other Williams/Bally games that I have that have manual plunger with auto launch. (Cactus Canyon, No Good Gofers)

#3372 4 years ago

Can someone give me the Scared Stiff For Dummies version on what buttons to press to reset my machine? Mainly: set to extra easy, 5 balls, dancing boogie men and free play.
Thanks!

#3373 4 years ago

I pretty much just looked at the manual ( can be downloaded from ipdb.org ) and went through the settings accordingly.

If you really get stuck maybe I can call you tomorrow and put you on speaker phone and fumble through my settings.

PM me your phone number if need be

But usually with my machines l just go through the settings one at a time, although sometimes the description of a setting on the DMD (or even in the manual) can be confusing or counter intuitive.

BobC

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sterns new Elvira. I bet it wont be as good as scared stiff.[quoted image]

No, it won't! (.Y.)

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from wildside:

No, it won't! (.Y.)

I agree. The artwork alone.

#3376 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

PM me your phone number if need be

Thanks Bob.

#3377 4 years ago

Some mods I did to my machine.
I made a small mod for the eyes of the bony beast skull.
Weathered the bony beast spine.
Painted all of the bony beast and some other parts with glow in the dark paint.
Made a cftbl mod (fits the theme)
Repainted all of the faded colors on the cabinet.
Painted some parts with UV fluorescent paint.
Repainted the tarantula spider into a black widow (I know it's not atomically correct)

IMG_6554 (resized).JPGIMG_6554 (resized).JPGIMG_6573 (resized).JPGIMG_6573 (resized).JPGIMG_6568 (resized).JPGIMG_6568 (resized).JPGIMG_6584 (resized).JPGIMG_6584 (resized).JPGIMG_6585 (resized).JPGIMG_6585 (resized).JPGIMG_6586 (resized).JPGIMG_6586 (resized).JPGIMG_6587 (resized).JPGIMG_6587 (resized).JPGIMG_6588 (resized).JPGIMG_6588 (resized).JPGIMG_6590 (resized).JPGIMG_6590 (resized).JPGIMG_6591 (resized).JPGIMG_6591 (resized).JPGIMG_6592 (resized).JPGIMG_6592 (resized).JPGIMG_6574 (resized).JPGIMG_6574 (resized).JPGIMG_6595 (resized).JPGIMG_6595 (resized).JPGIMG_6597 (resized).JPGIMG_6597 (resized).JPG
#3379 4 years ago

That’s great looking! What type/brand paint did you use for the words “Scared Stiff” on the cabinet?

#3380 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

That’s great looking! What type/brand paint did you use for the words “Scared Stiff” on the cabinet?

Thanks!

I used createx airbrush paint. The reason the paint is a little uneven on the letters is because I used a brush instead of the airbrush.
I didn't really feel like masking all the letters to airbrush them, it turned out okay anyway.

#3381 4 years ago

Did anyone else get the repo backbox plastics and think that they were too dark? On the set I'm seeing, a lot of the features are just blacked out, like the slats in the bed post.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

Looks like Planetary Pinball has the blue jet bumper tops in stock finally....
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9267-10

Thank you for that! Ordered 4 of each part - can't hurt to have a spare of both the ring and the "jacob's ladder" part. Just in case....

#3383 4 years ago

Sometimes when a ball is traveling very fast along the Bat Ramp I hear a clunk and the ball comes off of the ramp towards the Dead Heads rollover lanes.
This is in the area where the ramp is meant to allow balls going too slow to fall off.
I suspect that the ball is going up in the air when going very fast and hitting the mounting bracket for the opto switches on the underside of the Beast Ramp above.

It does not look like the Beast ramp can be raised as it has a horizontal flange that inserts into the back board there.
The only thing I can think of is finding a different way to hold the optos on the Beast ramp in that location?

It's probably dinging up the balls at a minimum, and could potentially damage something (bracket, optos, or ramps which are the reproductions).

Do you think my theory on the situation is correct?
Anybody else have this issue or a fix?

Thanks!

BobC

#3384 4 years ago

Yep. Very fast shots somehow fly off the ramp. It happens too fast for me to see the exact problem. I thought the ramp angle on my machine may be off, but have not looked at any possible fix.

1 week later
#3386 4 years ago

I will have a few Scared Stiff items available soon. I'll offer them up here first.

IMG-6918 (resized).JPGIMG-6918 (resized).JPGIMG-6943 (resized).JPGIMG-6943 (resized).JPGIMG-6944 (resized).JPGIMG-6944 (resized).JPGIMG-6945 (resized).JPGIMG-6945 (resized).JPGIMG-6946 (resized).JPGIMG-6946 (resized).JPGIMG-6948 (resized).JPGIMG-6948 (resized).JPG
#3387 4 years ago

Hi again. The Tilt Sideblades and Bat Ramp are gone. Just Magnetic Bat Speaker Thingys and original SS DMD left. I may have an original Manual...

#3388 4 years ago

CPR just released their Scared Stiff Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!
Lots of actual Photos on the page: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/ssglass/

scaredglass (resized).jpgscaredglass (resized).jpgscaredglassmirror (resized).jpgscaredglassmirror (resized).jpgstiff01 (resized).jpgstiff01 (resized).jpg
#3389 4 years ago

CPR just released their Scared Stiff Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!
Lots of actual Photos on the page: https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/ssglass/[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bummer that they mirrored over the candle flame area.....

#3390 4 years ago

Is it mirrored or did they leave it as a hole? Its hard to tell... I hope the center of the flame is still a hole as a flicker bulb there look great. But I really want this backglass.

EDIT: Upon looking at the black screen photo, it appears that the grey areas are all mirrored and the white is blank obviously. Looking at that picture, it appears the center of the candle flame is white.

Screw it... I pulled the trigger. Ill update as to how it compares when I get it!

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I pulled the trigger. Ill update as to how it compares when I get it!

I also ordered one. If it arrives before Expo should I put it in the game and take the original to Expo and pay Cassandra to sign it?

#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

Bummer that they mirrored over the candle flame area.....

there is No Mirroring on the 'flame"....what you see in "Black" is actually the White Print layer....the Mirroring is shown in GREY......they show it this way so that you can actually see where the mirror bits are....if it was a White solid background with just the Mirroring in Grey it would be diffacult to see what was mirrored & what isn't......

as for the Flame in front of the cat there is No Mirroring, but there is a void in the White print layer so that you can still use a flicker bulb....see photos on the web site instead of assuming things.....
stiff04 (resized).jpgstiff04 (resized).jpgstiff08 (resized).jpgstiff08 (resized).jpg

scaredglassmirror (resized).jpgscaredglassmirror (resized).jpg
#3393 4 years ago

the Mirroring is shown in GREY

And the photos were all taken over a grey snow background. That.. doesn't help.

#3394 4 years ago

there is No Mirroring on the 'flame"....what you see in "Black" is actually the White Print layer....the Mirroring is shown in GREY......they show it this way so that you can actually see where the mirror bits are....if it was a White solid background with just the Mirroring in Grey it would be diffacult to see what was mirrored & what isn't......
as for the Flame in front of the cat there is No Mirroring, but there is a void in the White print layer so that you can still use a flicker bulb....see photos on the web site instead of assuming things.....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You shouldn't assume I didn't look at the photos on the website. I did. It would have been nice if they had put a close up picture of the candle area instead of the bat or the fly. Without that, I still can't tell for sure if there is mirroring there or not.

#3395 4 years ago

Ok! Here we go! A bunch of stuff I'm offering here first. If interested, please PM me with a fair offer. First come first served. (see pix)

Scared Stiff Original DMD
Scared Stiff Spider Board & Motor
Scared Stiff Under Cam LED
Scared Stiff Metal Magnetic Bat Speaker Cover
Scared Stiff Bone Slingshot Plastics
Scared Stiff Manual
Pinball Location Maintenance Flyer (found in bag in Coin Door)

Scared Stiff Group:
Boogie Men
Switches
Fuses
Old Plunger Rod Spring (large & small)

IMG-7261 (resized).JPGIMG-7261 (resized).JPGIMG-7262 (resized).JPGIMG-7262 (resized).JPGIMG-7263 (resized).JPGIMG-7263 (resized).JPGIMG-7268 (resized).JPGIMG-7268 (resized).JPGIMG-7269 (resized).JPGIMG-7269 (resized).JPG
#3396 4 years ago
ss group 1 (resized).JPGss group 1 (resized).JPGss group 2 (resized).JPGss group 2 (resized).JPGss group 3 (resized).JPGss group 3 (resized).JPGss group 4 (resized).JPGss group 4 (resized).JPGss group 5 (resized).JPGss group 5 (resized).JPG
#3397 4 years ago
IMG-7250 (resized).JPGIMG-7250 (resized).JPGIMG-7251 (resized).JPGIMG-7251 (resized).JPGIMG-7252 (resized).JPGIMG-7252 (resized).JPGIMG-7253 (resized).JPGIMG-7253 (resized).JPG
#3398 4 years ago
IMG-7243 (resized).JPGIMG-7243 (resized).JPGIMG-7244 (resized).JPGIMG-7244 (resized).JPGIMG-7260 (resized).JPGIMG-7260 (resized).JPG
#3399 4 years ago
IMG-7245 (resized).JPGIMG-7245 (resized).JPGIMG-7246 (resized).JPGIMG-7246 (resized).JPGIMG-7247 (resized).JPGIMG-7247 (resized).JPGIMG-7248 (resized).JPGIMG-7248 (resized).JPG
#3400 4 years ago
ss bat speaker things (resized).JPGss bat speaker things (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 38.00
£ 49.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 37.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 249.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/68?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.