Topic Stats

• 3,376 posts
  • 360 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 114 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,109 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190913_163511 (resized).jpg
beasteyes2 (resized).jpg
beasteyes (resized).jpg
beasteyes1 (resized).jpg
IMG_4830 (resized).jpg
IMG_4907 (resized).jpg
IMG_4906 (resized).jpg
IMG_4904 (resized).jpg
IMG_4905 (resized).jpg
IMG_4903 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190803_212308 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
95D18857-290E-425A-B601-53C246336596 (resized).jpeg
B2145ECC-AD28-470D-B5A6-0DD7BC7DC9E2 (resized).jpeg
16136D8E-9794-4012-A25F-8127A731811A (resized).jpeg
3E0BFCE8-E0DB-441A-A988-6F7B0DFD11A4 (resized).jpeg

There are 3376 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 68.
#3351 57 days ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

When hands are working, brain takes a break » sounds better in french

Amen to that! Game looks Awesome! You must be getting excited to get her going.

#3352 53 days ago

Because I randomly feel like being nice, here are the wire combinations to get the Skull Pile LED mod going if you DIY.

This was specific to my game, and I anticipate this should be universal across all SS.

pasted_image (resized).png

#3353 52 days ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Thanks Jimbeam and Weaverj,
The coil sleeve was pretty dirty, after I replaced it the ball was making it to the ramp after 3 or 4 tries, so I took a closer look and it was getting all the way up to the bracket that protects the bones and then bouncing back into the scoop.
I tried holding the stiffer flap down with a screw driver and with some pressure form the stiffer flap the thinner flap closes faster and the ball rolls down the ramp instead of back into the scoop. It looks like a previous owner had some trouble with this and decided that bending the flap away was a good idea. Now I will take the ramp apart and fix the flap properly.

I know this post was a year ago, but I had same issue and the top of the armature was worn flat at an angle instead of cupped. Replaced it and now 100% onto the ramp.

#3354 52 days ago

Thanks for that^^^^ Good to hear that she is firing on all cylinders!

#3355 52 days ago

Just had a great game yesterday and looking forward to more info about Elvira 3

#3356 47 days ago

After all these years, finally got Scared Stiff mode for the first time! The effect show it does for that is awesome, never saw it before. Doubt I can pull off wizard mode though.

IMG_20190803_212308 (resized).jpg
#3357 46 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

more info about Elvira 3

I am going to Expo this year (for the first time) I am hoping that the reveal will happen there!

#3358 46 days ago

It’s a beautiful thing!

#3359 42 days ago

Check out my Scared Stiff that I added a ton of mods to and powder coated Green. Notice the sideblade art with the lime green... it goes perfect with the powder coating. We even added a video screen and much more. I posted here before but I wanted to get more pics! Here ya go! All these games are at our haunted house. www.thedarkness.com

IMG_4830 (resized).jpgIMG_4903 (resized).jpgIMG_4904 (resized).jpgIMG_4905 (resized).jpgIMG_4906 (resized).jpgIMG_4907 (resized).jpg
#3360 42 days ago

Love the haunted house Arcade! Very Cool! Yeah I used those pinblades too. They do match well the slimy armor. Nice Job!

#3361 42 days ago

Looks great! I got the drippy pinblades as well. just haven't put them on yet. I'm gonna get some of that plastic dripp stuff as well for the speaker panel...

#3362 40 days ago

If anyone is interested I have a brand new 2Niro Boney Beast Eye kit ready to go, all included parts are shown in the last picture. I bought this kit but never installed it, as I am getting ready to sell my machine. I see Mezel Mods has it listed on their site for $180.00 plus shipping, I will sell and ship this for $150.00, USPS Priority mail.

Please PM me from here, if there are any questions..

Mick

mickspinball.com

beasteyes (resized).jpgbeasteyes1 (resized).jpgbeasteyes2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3363 10 days ago

Looks like Planetary Pinball has the blue jet bumper tops in stock finally....

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9267-10

#3364 9 days ago

Awesome that_pin_dude ! Thanks for the heads up!

#3365 9 days ago

Anyone have a spare set of the backbox plastics? I just noticed that PP is out when I went to grab the blue caps.
Also, I have a spare coffin mech, if someone is interested in a trade or buy.

#3366 8 days ago

I need to replace my crate door decal (actually I also have a full metal crate / door and decals if needed),
but I was looking at the playfield and I think I might have to remove the whole assembly from underneath?

I looked at the manual diagram and it really wasn't helpful.

Can I get a brief walkthrough?

Also... What's the deal with shooter rod springs? I put in white ones which are supposed to be the correct strength (?),
and after a short while it lacks the power to hit the crate.
Brown which I believe is the next step up makes it very difficult to get the spider hole skill shot.
I can't figure out why I can't get mine to plunge like other SS's.
I've even tried modifying springs.
I guess just use a brown spring and wait for it to fatigue?

Thanks!

BobC

#3367 8 days ago

Cliffy crate protector...is that held on with pressure from the crate assembly?
Or am I supposed to find little screws for the holes in the bottom of the protector?
In checked Cliffy's website and it wasn't clear to me from the pictures.
There's a picture from the underside without the protector fully installed yet, there do appear to be existing screw holes in the bottom of the playfield but they don't line up with the holes in the protector (actually I'd better check my protector tomorrow, the design might have changed?)
There's something somebody wrote up, but it's for the protector next to the crate, and unfortunately not the front door of the crate...

Thanks again!

BobC

#3368 6 days ago

just spoke with cpr and the Scared Stiff Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

#3369 6 days ago

Sterns new Elvira. I bet it wont be as good as scared stiff.

20190913_163511 (resized).jpg
#3370 6 days ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

just spoke with cpr and the Scared Stiff Backglass with custom mirroring is coming out soon......

They posted that in one of their Pinside threads quite a while ago but never followed up on it or said anything more. I hope you are right. I would love to get one!

#3371 6 days ago
Quoted from BobC:

I need to replace my crate door decal (actually I also have a full metal crate / door and decals if needed),
but I was looking at the playfield and I think I might have to remove the whole assembly from underneath?
I looked at the manual diagram and it really wasn't helpful.
Can I get a brief walkthrough?
Also... What's the deal with shooter rod springs? I put in white ones which are supposed to be the correct strength (?),
and after a short while it lacks the power to hit the crate.
Brown which I believe is the next step up makes it very difficult to get the spider hole skill shot.
I can't figure out why I can't get mine to plunge like other SS's.
I've even tried modifying springs.
I guess just use a brown spring and wait for it to fatigue?
Thanks!

I have the silver one in mine. Never had a problem. Make sure that your plunger isn't hitting your auto launch mech. I have had this issue with other Williams/Bally games that I have that have manual plunger with auto launch. (Cactus Canyon, No Good Gofers)

#3372 6 days ago

Can someone give me the Scared Stiff For Dummies version on what buttons to press to reset my machine? Mainly: set to extra easy, 5 balls, dancing boogie men and free play.
Thanks!

#3373 5 days ago

I pretty much just looked at the manual ( can be downloaded from ipdb.org ) and went through the settings accordingly.

If you really get stuck maybe I can call you tomorrow and put you on speaker phone and fumble through my settings.

PM me your phone number if need be

But usually with my machines l just go through the settings one at a time, although sometimes the description of a setting on the DMD (or even in the manual) can be confusing or counter intuitive.

BobC

#3374 1 day ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Sterns new Elvira. I bet it wont be as good as scared stiff.[quoted image]

No, it won't! (.Y.)

#3375 1 day ago
Quoted from wildside:

No, it won't! (.Y.)

I agree. The artwork alone.

#3376 1 day ago
Quoted from BobC:

PM me your phone number if need be

Thanks Bob.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jackson, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 9,599.00
$ 50.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.95
Playfield - Other
MicksPinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 3376 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 68.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside