Topic Stats

• 3,189 posts
  • 341 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by MrNanaba
  • Topic is favorited by 99 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,003 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181123_132207 (resized).jpg
eht (resized).jpg
3557248F-8AA8-4D2B-AD3E-605445F499DA (resized).jpeg
B85AA6DF-F8A8-4BC0-8447-216776669E0E (resized).jpeg
6A5A84DC-1A05-4AA4-8602-11AAD3B463FF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20181022_115713 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181022_115746 (resized).jpg
SCARED STIFF FINAL (24) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (28) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (34) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (55) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (60) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (65) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (81) (resized).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (86) (resized).JPG
scared stiff color display (resized).JPG

There are 3189 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 64.
#3151 70 days ago

After reaching SS mode and winning on hard quite often I just started focusing on beating the spider mb. After two weeks of just that, I finally accomplished it tonight!

With mbr le coming in I can walk away from SS knowing I saw it all. It will remain one of my favorites. What a great game

#3152 70 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

After reaching SS mode and winning on hard quite often I just started focusing on beating the spider mb. After two weeks of just that, I finally accomplished it tonight!
With mbr le coming in I can walk away from SS knowing I saw it all. It will remain one of my favorites. What a great game

Happy your moving on!!!

#3153 70 days ago

Hello,
Looking for a nice SS, anyone in the So Cal area interested in trading for a BM66? Send me a PM if you have any interest.
Thanks.

1 week later
#3155 60 days ago

My crate is letting the ball in anytime now..any idea on fixes? I am kind of a mech noob

#3156 60 days ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

My crate is letting the ball in anytime now..any idea on fixes? I am kind of a mech noob

The last time I saw a machine doing this, it was the door stop plunger. Check to see of anything in that assembly is broken.

#3157 60 days ago

Not sure what that is

#3158 60 days ago

I highly suggest if you don't have a manual, get one and read it. So many issues like yours can be solved or at least understood by the pictures alone. ThatOneDude is correct. The crate pin is most likely broken which you could see in the manual and then confirm on your machine. If you need more info I'm more than happy to help. You can PM me. But you still need a manual. Good luck!

#3159 60 days ago

Open the crate and look inside. If you see a broken metal pin sitting there ...that is the problem.

#3160 60 days ago

eht (resized).jpg
#3162 55 days ago

I just finished a shop job for a friend's Scared Stiff. Only thing I need is the decal for the bony beast ramp. They appear unobtainable. Anyone have a scan they can share?

#3163 55 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

I just finished a shop job for a friend's Scared Stiff. Only thing I need is the decal for the bony beast ramp. They appear unobtainable. Anyone have a scan they can share?

http://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/scared-stiff-fireball-ramp-decal/?currency=USD

#3164 55 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Found one from Ministry of Pinball. Very reasonable shipping

#3165 53 days ago

Anyone pondering a restore and need parts?

I have the full monty, but sold the game...

- Mirco PF
- PPS Plastic Set
- PPS Cabinet Decal Set
- Mantis Lock Down receiver
- NOS Boney Flipper Bats

I'm in the DC area if anyone would want a good deal local.

#3166 53 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

PM sent.

4 weeks later
#3167 24 days ago

Does anyone have a template for the right ramp mod that stops airballs, I keep getting them, even though I have downrated the coil on the left, but it is still happening. Be handy to use a known template rather than try and make one up.

#3168 24 days ago

Trying to help a neighbor out with his Scared Stiff machine. According to him he gets the Extra Ball to light up and he hits it but it doesn't give him the Extra Ball right away. From what he tells me is he'll continue to play the ball and then the Extra Ball will light up at a later time awarding him the Extra Ball He states that there is no particular target he's hitting that awards the Extra Ball. Anyone experience this? If not, can anyone advise as to how the Extra Ball is to achieved (work)? I've never owned a SS so not sure as to the game play! Thanks!

#3169 24 days ago

If you light the Extra Ball lamp in that top center lane and then shoot that lane into the Deadheads, you do not get the extra ball right away, it's not like some instant two-ball multiball. When you drain the current ball, Elvira will say, "Ooooo, shoot again!", and the machine will auto-launch the extra ball.

There are a number of ways that you can light the EB lamp, shoot the right ramp eight times, and some more that I forget right now, I'm sure that others will chime in and refresh my memory.

#3170 23 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

If you light the Extra Ball lamp in that top center lane and then shoot that lane into the Deadheads, you do not get the extra ball right away, it's not like some instant two-ball multiball. When you drain the current ball, Elvira will say, "Ooooo, shoot again!", and the machine will auto-launch the extra ball.
There are a number of ways that you can light the EB lamp, shoot the right ramp eight times, and some more that I forget right now, I'm sure that others will chime in and refresh my memory.

Appreciate the insight! Anyone else with additional info please chime in!

#3171 23 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appreciate the insight! Anyone else with additional info please chime in!

There is a rollover switch up in that center lane. I'm wondering if that switch is getting stuck or is flaky. Possibly vibration of the machine is triggering the flaky switch. I shopped one of these out a month ago and replaced about 4 of those micro switches that were acting goofy. Go into the 'test' menu and select 'switch edge'. Roll a ball over that switch to see if it registers. Also bump the playfield to see if it phantom triggers.

What you need to look for is when the shoot again light between the flippers comes on. That signals the player, extra ball has been achieved.

#3172 23 days ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

There is a rollover switch up in that center lane. I'm wondering if that switch is getting stuck or is flaky. Possibly vibration of the machine is triggering the flaky switch. I shopped one of these out a month ago and replaced about 4 of those micro switches that were acting goofy. Go into the 'test' menu and select 'switch edge'. Roll a ball over that switch to see if it registers. Also bump the playfield to see if it phantom triggers.
What you need to look for is when the shoot again light between the flippers comes on. That signals the player, extra ball has been achieved.

Thank you! Going to see the machine tomorrow so will look into this!

#3173 22 days ago

Does anyone have pictures of replacing crate gate decal please?

#3175 18 days ago

Anyone at all...

#3176 16 days ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Does anyone have pictures of replacing crate gate decal please?

I have a pic of it after I replaced it. Basically remove the 2 screws in the top. The crate lifts off. I then just carefully aligned the crate door decal.

20181123_132207 (resized).jpg
#3177 11 days ago

Running into two issues which have been bugging me for awhile:

1. Fuse F113 keeps blowing. I think this just lights the spider hole and th ramps. Can’t find any loose or touching connections.

2. When crate multi ball starts, occasionally, the crate jackpot stops and it’s like playing the machine in ‘regular’ mode with two balls.

Any suggestions.

#3178 6 days ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

Running into two issues which have been bugging me for awhile:
1. Fuse F113 keeps blowing. I think this just lights the spider hole and th ramps. Can’t find any loose or touching connections.
2. When crate multi ball starts, occasionally, the crate jackpot stops and it’s like playing the machine in ‘regular’ mode with two balls.
Any suggestions.

1) Strange, but I had a problem with that exact fuse blowing. This is the power to the string of lights with the white-orange wiring, light around the bottom of the table, the bottom bumpers and the rail that feeds the outlanes to the flippers. This drove me crazy and I tracked it down to a short in one of the bulb sockets, the ones used in production are not very good quality. Finding the right socket is a PITA. With the fuse out and power off, I used a multimeter in continuity mode (it beeps when a short is detected) and took all the lights out. I then wiggled them one one at a time adding a burnt out bulb until I heard the beep. New sockets are < $2 at pinball life, but you will need to solder to remove the old one and put the new one in.

2) The only reason that I can think that this would happen is that the table "thinks" that you have lost one of the balls, likely due to a faulty sensor, does this only happen for Terror from the Crate? What about Stiff in the Coffin? Has the table ever acted like you lost a ball in normal play when you had not?

#3179 6 days ago

Hello,
Recently picked up a nice SS. What are the inlane switches used for. Can’t seem to find any info on their function.
Thanks.

#3180 6 days ago
Quoted from JWE:

What are the inlane switches used for

Not much. A sound or two is all mine seems to do.

#3181 6 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Thanks that’s what mine does as well.

#3182 6 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Are you sure? Seems my right inlane lights or at least verbalizes shoot the deadheads.

#3183 6 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

I've noticed on mine, that I'm not awarded the EB until the ball goes through one of the deadhead lanes. Is that by design or is that a failsafe due to a bad EB rollover switch? I had a test error on the EB switch, readjusted the switch to make with ball, but still notice this behavior, so not sure if the switch is still not making intermittently.

#3184 6 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have the full monty, but sold the game...
- Mirco PF
- PPS Plastic Set
- PPS Cabinet Decal Set
- Mantis Lock Down receiver
- NOS Boney Flipper Bats
I'm in the DC area if anyone would want a good deal local.

Any slings? Is anyone making re-pro's of the slings anymore? I have a set and not sure who made them, but they're pretty cheesy compared to NOS. The colors are too bright and there's no black outlines in the feet.

#3185 5 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Any slings? Is anyone making re-pro's of the slings anymore? I have a set and not sure who made them, but they're pretty cheesy compared to NOS. The colors are too bright and there's no black outlines in the feet.

Someone was making some pretty nice repos a while back. I don't have the link off the top of my head, but it was recent.
I'm building one from parts, and I have something a little different in store for my slings(and my skull pile, for that matter).

EDIT: Found it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-sling-plastics-repro#post-4597867
Not as recent as I thought.

#3186 4 days ago
Quoted from Marcbud:

1) Strange, but I had a problem with that exact fuse blowing. This is the power to the string of lights with the white-orange wiring, light around the bottom of the table, the bottom bumpers and the rail that feeds the outlanes to the flippers. This drove me crazy and I tracked it down to a short in one of the bulb sockets, the ones used in production are not very good quality. Finding the right socket is a PITA. With the fuse out and power off, I used a multimeter in continuity mode (it beeps when a short is detected) and took all the lights out. I then wiggled them one one at a time adding a burnt out bulb until I heard the beep. New sockets are &lt; $2 at pinball life, but you will need to solder to remove the old one and put the new one in.
2) The only reason that I can think that this would happen is that the table "thinks" that you have lost one of the balls, likely due to a faulty sensor, does this only happen for Terror from the Crate? What about Stiff in the Coffin? Has the table ever acted like you lost a ball in normal play when you had not?

1. That’s for the suggestion, I’ll have to find the time to try and track down a short along that wire.

2. Haven’t ever noticed the Coffin multiball cancelling out with more than 1 ball in play. I agree with the sensor idea. Tonight when I played a couple quick games during one game it suddenly gave me a second ball in play - with no multi ball activated.

Thanks for the ideas...now just have to find the time to do the work.

#3187 4 days ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

Tonight when I played a couple quick games during one game it suddenly gave me a second ball in play - with no multi ball activated.

Wow dude just noticed you are from Gurnee! My dad was born there. My grandpa built his house on Stern School Road. It was demolished to build Great America. Anyway...

I had a friend over yesterday and My Game did that add a ball too. At the end it gave me a switch error 67. Turns out switch (67 Right Ramp) it's that one leaf switch that is right at the beginning of the right ramp with the rubber. The switch just activates a buzzing noise that compliments the Monsters Lab Popps electricity noises. It was stuck closed. That made the game do some weird stuff like releasing all the locked balls, optos for the right ramp not work sometimes and some other stuff. It seems like it messes with the opto board. SS is a sensitive game. It seems to freak out on little malfunctions and power surges!

#3188 4 days ago

I could prob build a mold and injection mold the parts but I would not have a clue how to do the painting or color on it. Ideas?

#3189 4 days ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Wow dude just noticed you are from Gurnee! My dad was born there. My grandpa built his house on Stern School Road. It was demolished to build Great America. Anyway...

Drive by Six Flags twice a day almost everyday. I’ll put checking that switch on my list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 39.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 66.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 3189 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 64.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside