909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 85.
#2951 5 years ago

So just joined the club. Looking for the dancing Boogeyman Mod. PM if you have available thanks!

#2952 5 years ago

Ask Robert if he still has them or any advise....

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So just joined the club. Looking for the dancing Boogeyman Mod. PM if you have available thanks!

Did quick google . Found this site.

https://www.direct-zone.top/scared-stiff-pinball-machine-boogiemen-extensions-mod-dancing-boogie-man-p-19523.html

#2954 5 years ago

Thanks. I saw this but thought it was spam. Has anyone ordered from there before?

#2955 5 years ago

Good work Rob. If anyone kind find it you can.

#2956 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks. I saw this but thought it was spam. Has anyone ordered from there before?

If you use PayPal you should be pretty safe. Let us know how it goes.

#2957 5 years ago

Hi,
Here is mine after many hours of work ...

P1090705 (resized).JPGP1090705 (resized).JPG

P1090707 (resized).JPGP1090707 (resized).JPG

P1090710 (resized).JPGP1090710 (resized).JPG

P1090711 (resized).JPGP1090711 (resized).JPG

P1090712 (resized).JPGP1090712 (resized).JPG

P1090715 (resized).JPGP1090715 (resized).JPG

P1090719 (resized).JPGP1090719 (resized).JPG

P1090724 (resized).JPGP1090724 (resized).JPG

P1090728 (resized).JPGP1090728 (resized).JPG

P1090730 (resized).JPGP1090730 (resized).JPG

P1090731 (resized).JPGP1090731 (resized).JPG

#2958 5 years ago

WOW that is one Blinged Out Scared Stiff! I am glad someone finally posted some pics of a SS with Stadium Lighting. I will bet that it looks even better in person. Cool speaker panel too! Nice job!

#2959 5 years ago

I really like your Light up cabinet protectors. I want to try some of those. One thing you might want to try, Put one of those spinner LEDs for the TV in back box. Cointaker has them. I have one in mine and once it gets going it looks really cool. I also put color changers in for the candle and the flash light. SS has the best back box in Pinball!

#2960 5 years ago

Do you think the LED green cabinet protectors would look good behind my black legs?

768E690B-EC3A-4819-BD3D-5EE7FD2EFC61 (resized).jpeg768E690B-EC3A-4819-BD3D-5EE7FD2EFC61 (resized).jpeg

#2961 5 years ago

so owning this for a day, one thing I noticed right away is how the frogs literally hit the glass when they jump. Really like that. I also know that the true way to beat this game is not just the stiffo meter but getting all the items on the spider spinner right? Is there a wizard mode once you do?

#2962 5 years ago

Yes. It’s called spider multiball. It is very difficult to be “Spider Champion” (get everything on the wheel).

#2963 5 years ago

Ok similar to Delt31 I just got my first ever SS this week and Love it. Need to adjust the VUK to the ramp as someone posted with washers to make it eject more repeatable but otherwise perfect. New SS guy question, below the flippers in the remote there are 2 small impression holes. What are those for or were they for? My playfield is clearcoated so it doesn't bother me just curious why they were there. Thanks to all for the info and tips, definitely helped Pre-educating for the games arrival.

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Do you think the LED green cabinet protectors would look good behind my black legs?

Many thanks

For your question, I'm not sure !! It's better like this ...

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from lpierrick:

Many thanks
For your question, I'm not sure !! It's better like this ...

Got it. I am toying with some Green LED strips since I do have the clear protectors. We will see...

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Got it. I am toying with some Green LED strips since I do have the clear protectors. We will see...

Cool ! It's the best way to see

#2967 5 years ago

Quick question: is it possible to set the Stiff-o-meter to start at 5 tales? I ask because I was playing on location last night, and, in addition to a lot of the "easy" rules being active(extra balls easier to get), I started the Stiff-o-meter after the coffin mb but before I finished crate. I've never seen it behave that way before, so I was curious if this was a bug or if I missed something in the manual.

#2968 5 years ago

I checked the SS difficulty table and it does not show a 5 tale stiff mode for extra easy (easiest mode) so I do not know other than maybe a very early software version.

#2969 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking it had to be a weird bug. I've had that same machine start a stiff-o-meter immediately upon breaking into the crate(so, no multi-ball, just stiff-o-meter), so I suspect this might be related.

#2970 5 years ago

So what's up with the dead heads. Is it just train what you get? Same with whether the game allows dead head or pops on left popper. It's that random?

I agree with others that the game does allow you to get to scared stiff somewhat easy. If it was a tad harder it would be good although what a rush playing it and the spider.
I haven't tried the harder rules yet.... Difference?

#2971 5 years ago

I have mine set up a bit harder. You have to hit it up the BB ramp twice to get the lock. You have to hit the crate twice as many times as default to get Crate Multiball. The rest are the same. Look at the difficulty table in the manual. It will explain how much has to be done to get each tale. SS has some really hard things to get so I can't understand how people always seem to say it is too easy. I can play SS just to try for spider champion. And lets see how many times you can get into the Secret Passage in three balls! Getting Double Jackpot isn't really easy either.

#2972 5 years ago

what secret passage?

#2973 5 years ago

Ohhho Now if you think I am going to spoil it for you... Think again You have to find it.

#2974 5 years ago

Secret Passage is a God Shot! I think it's one of the hardest shots in pinball.

#2975 5 years ago

I got the secret passage once in the last 4 years. You have to hit a soft shot up the left orbit. It can't go around to the dead heads. It has to loop back around to a switch under the left ramp.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2976 5 years ago

Party Pooper!

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I got the secret passage once in the last 4 years. You have to hit a soft shot up the left orbit. It can't go around to the dead heads. It has to loop back around to a switch under the left ramp.

HUH???

#2978 5 years ago

Hi guys,

My SS is running V1.4 rom, should I upgrade to v1.5?? any significant improvements? Thanks

Gustavo

#2979 5 years ago

I don't hit it often on purpose(read: ever). It's an occasional happy accident.

#2980 5 years ago

I really dig changing the crate and lock to harder - feels better. Any way to make the # of pop hits higher too? I just LOVE hitting into those pops - feels so good and sound even better.

#2981 5 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

My SS is running V1.4 rom, should I upgrade to v1.5?? any significant improvements? Thanks
Gustavo

Yes it's worth it. One thing 1.5 did that I wanted was to set the spider spin demo interval.

#2982 5 years ago

Today I realized the dancing boogymen were turned off on the machine! Put that on and now they dance!

Still can't find the setting that increase required shots for the pops mode - if anyone knows lmk.

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes it's worth it. One thing 1.5 did that I wanted was to set the spider spin demo interval.

Thanks, new rom installed!

Gustavo

#2984 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still can't find the setting that increase required shots for the pops mode - if anyone knows lmk.

I looked, there isn't one. (hits to the pops for Monsters Lab) Not adjustable.

#2985 5 years ago

That's too bad. Had some of the best pops in pinball

#2986 5 years ago

Not sure if it was posted already, but PPS has the SS backbox plastics completed and in stock.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2582-X&Store_Code=PP

Wally

#2987 5 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Not sure if it was posted already, but PPS has the SS backbox plastics completed and in stock

Good Info thanks. I think there was someone looking for one those recently.

#2988 5 years ago

I was looking for a set, but I'm also looking at a more interactive version.

#2989 5 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Lock Plastic for Scared Stiff - New, still has protective film/plastic over it $9 shipped (USA only) PM for paypal address”
2018-06-10
Vienna, VA
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 25 times

#2990 5 years ago

This is an early version, with a lot of noise and tearing in the signal(it's clean now, but I don't have a newer video), but I have pinmame running on a Raspberry Pi and drawing to a physical DMD:

I'm playing with a custom SS build, and I'm using the Pi to run the ROMs.

Also, does anyone have a source for the actual spider in the backglass?

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

This is an early version, with a lot of noise and tearing in the signal(it's clean now, but I don't have a newer video), but I have pinmame running on a Raspberry Pi and drawing to a physical DMD:
I'm playing with a custom SS build, and I'm using the Pi to run the ROMs.
Also, does anyone have a source for the actual spider in the backglass?

Is this connected to a virtual table, or are you focused on recreating the A/V board with the Pi? That is very cool

#2992 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is this connected to a virtual table, or are you focused on recreating the A/V board with the Pi? That is very cool

I'm recreating a physical game(with some changes) via the Pi. I got a nice playfield from a pinsider(too nice to consign to wall art; many thanks to DefDumBlindKid), some ramps and other bits and a free cabinet from a friend. I decided to see if I could drive a physical DMD and playfield from the Pi, and so far, so good. We'll see how far I get. I am planning on some hardware and toy enhancements, so my friends and I are calling it SS V2 right now. My other project(a retheme/custom build) takes priority, but I am designing many of the controller components to be interchangeable, so even that work is making progress on this project.

#2993 5 years ago

You always wanted a little head!!!

IMG_1522 (resized).JPGIMG_1522 (resized).JPG

#2994 5 years ago

Nice! Where do you get them??

#2995 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice! Where do you get them??

Go to any custom beach towel website and design your own. Upload images of your choice and you have a custom pin cover. I used personalization.com. Many to choose from. Fun stuff!

#2996 5 years ago

Cool idea! Thanks!

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You always wanted a little head!!!

Very cool! Who’s the chick though? That’s not Cassandra

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very cool! Who’s the chick though? That’s not Cassandra

Oh yes it is!

#2999 5 years ago

She's very lovely, but I don't think that that is Elvira. The eyes, nose and cheeks all look wrong. Maybe it's just a weird angle, but that looks like April Wahlin.

#3000 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Go to any custom beach towel website and design your own.

Can you send me a high rez copy of the Scared Stiff logo?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 49.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 39.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.