New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 29319)

SCARED STIFF Club...Members Only

By spfxted

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,672 posts
  • 392 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by wayinla
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,267 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
20200722_192834 (resized).jpg
7947A0CE-ECB5-43E3-9DBB-A7DDBB38FAED (resized).jpeg
20200701_165150 (resized).jpg
20200701_165145 (resized).jpg
20200701_165135 (resized).jpg
IMG-1240 (resized).jpg
IMG-1239 (resized).jpg
IMG-1238 (resized).jpg
IMG-7269 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG
IMG-1237 (resized).jpg
IMG-1236 (resized).jpg
IMG-1235 (resized).jpg

There are 3672 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 74.
#251 7 years ago

I'm at work now Skypilot. If I was at home I'd go down to my gameroom and take a picture of my SS's serial number picture and I'd share it with you. It's pretty easy to read mine. It's mostly all zeros with a 43 on the end. It also lists the date manufactured. My machine has the early production playfield art and the early production apron art, that coupled with the 43 in the serial number, should (I say "should" - from what I think I know) indicate that the SS I have was the 43rd made (unless I'm misremembering and it's the 48th). It's 40-something for sure, LOL.

#252 7 years ago

Ignore - double post.

#253 7 years ago

interesting, I'll have to look at mine. I always thought if interesting to be able to see where my pins were in the run. historical timeline is cool!

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm at work now Skypilot. If I was at home I'd go down to my gameroom and take a picture of my SS's serial number picture and I'd share it with you. It's pretty easy to read mine. It's mostly all zeros with a 43 on the end. It also lists the date manufactured. My machine has the early production playfield art and the early production apron art, that coupled with the 43 in the serial number, should (I say "should" - from what I think I know) indicate that the SS I have was the 43rd made (unless I'm misremembering and it's the 48th). It's 40-something for sure, LOL.

Yeah, please take a pic. I'd like to look at mine too.

#255 7 years ago

Alright, here's some pics of my SS. First off, it is a re-import from Germany. I know being a re-import may make it undesirable for some collectors, but I couldn't really pass it up, as it appears to be an early model with the cool differences in the playfield and apron.

In the top pic, you can see the serial number ends in "00043". I think this is sequential for SS production. If so, this would indicate 43rd produced. The production date is August 3rd, 1996. How does this compare to everyone elses?

In the second pic down, you can see the spider that appears in the web of the early production apron art. It matches the spider on the sides of the back box.

In the bottom pic, you can see a different guy on the 3rd light of the Stiff-O-Meter. I wonder why they changed this guy on the regular production art. Does anyone know? I also like the spider web graphic on the "Spin Spider" insert.

100_0112.JPG 100_0114.JPG 100_0115.JPG

#256 7 years ago

That's pretty cool. I just checked mine and it's completely different. Different guy on the meter and I have another set of red eyes on the apron where your spider is located.

#257 7 years ago

Checked mine too...yeah...no spider, but another set of eyes! (I like the spider!)

#258 7 years ago

Agreed. I like the spider better too.

#259 7 years ago

Looking to join with my fresh off route machine.

IMG_0218.jpg

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from JulesWallet:

Looking to join with my fresh off route machine.

Awesome. It's a fun game, don't think mine will ever leave

#261 7 years ago

Velcome, Jules! We even have our own Sticky Happy Face Thingy for Elvira

#262 7 years ago

Just got one and getting ready to shop it out. Any suggestions on mods? Right now I have the flickering candles, laboratory plasma, and boney flippers (the first two are on their way). I think the eyeball shooter would be cool but I would only get a red one.

Im pretty excited to get going on it!

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from PhantomGirl_:

Just got one and getting ready to shop it out. Any suggestions on mods? Right now I have the flickering candles, laboratory plasma, and boney flippers (the first two are on their way). I think the eyeball shooter would be cool but I would only get a red one.
Im pretty excited to get going on it!

Can you post a picture of the laboratory plasma mod. Thanx.

#265 7 years ago

I found it, looks pretty awesome. I think I will have to add one at some point.

image.jpg

#266 7 years ago

Question, do I need to take the boney beast ramp off to put the bones back on it?

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from JulesWallet:

Question, do I need to take the boney beast ramp off to put the bones back on it?

You shouldn't need to, I usually start at the boney beast head.

#268 7 years ago

I thought someone said that Plasma Thingy somehow screwed up the electronics after a while. Was it on a Xenon?

#269 7 years ago

Thanks to Ted for selling me this awesome Elvira statue that now sits with my deadhead skull. The skulls eyes light up with the pop bumpers. I am really exited to have a pin at work to play on break up my daily appointments, and running a business drama. Time to go get scared.

image.jpg image.jpg

#271 7 years ago

I do like Robert Winter's coindoor. Are there any decals of that for sale somewhere?

#272 7 years ago

juup onother scared stiff from the netherland

010.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG

#273 7 years ago

Lookin' goood!

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from rinco:

juup onother Scared Stiff from the netherland

Cargo net makes an interesting look for a ceiling.

#275 7 years ago

My coffin on my scared stiff seems to occasionally be going off when there is no one playing the game. It seems to keep going until i power the game on and off. Any idea what this is from?

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

It seems to keep going until i power the game on and off

Do you mean it keeps opening?

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Do you mean it keeps opening?

Yes it will open and close repeatedly,

#278 7 years ago

Do you know how to check switches through your diagnostics?

#279 7 years ago

It sounds like it thinks there is a ball in the trough, under the coffin.

#280 7 years ago

If you can't figure it out, I could give you a ring tomorrow evening and help you trouble shoot it over the phone.

#281 7 years ago

yes, all three coffin switchs left, right , and center register. So both optos and the coil work. I dont see the test for the coil that pops the coil open. I can test left coffin, center coffin, right coffin.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

If you can't figure it out, I could give you a ring tomorrow evening and help you trouble shoot it over the phone.

For it tracked down. Thanks for you help

#283 7 years ago

Honch is the Best! He's helped me over the phone AND in person!

#284 7 years ago

WOOHOO! I'm officially a member. My girl could use a little attention, and I can't find these plastics that go in the backbox:

I need the one with the "peeking monster" not the TV, but I'm not sure which is which
31-2582-1 scrnd-plastic island
31-2582-2 scrnd-plastic island

Also,
31-2587.2 scrnd overlay-insert panel

#285 7 years ago

Welcome, herg! elvirateehee.gif

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

WOOHOO! I'm officially a member. My girl could use a little attention, and I can't find these plastics that go in the backbox:
I need the one with the "peeking monster" not the TV, but I'm not sure which is which
31-2582-1 scrnd-plastic island
31-2582-2 scrnd-plastic island
Also,

My SS needs the same. The one I have is cracked in several places and apparently glued in place on the posts.

#287 7 years ago

I sent Planetary a request to make them, but I don't suspect it will be any time soon. If everyone who needs one sends them a request, maybe it could happen sooner.

#288 7 years ago

Mine was a little dirty when I picked it up, cleaned up quite nicely! Photos in the link below of it cleaned up, with LEDs and around $700 in other parts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61565401@N08/sets/72157632915462193/

SS.jpg SS_After.jpg

Two quick HD vids.

#289 7 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

My SS needs the same. The one I have is cracked in several places and apparently glued in place on the posts.

Quoted from herg:

Ref:

31-2587.2 scrnd overlay-insert panel - See

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-lamp-backbox-board-artwork-replacement-who-wants-one

#290 7 years ago

I have one of the new translites, I believe from Planetary. Looks great. Did anyone ever make repros of those other plastics?

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from creyes82:

Mine was a little dirty when I picked it up, cleaned up quite nicely!

Looks really nice.

Quoted from spfxted:

Did anyone ever make repros of those other plastics?

Why, Ted? Is your third SS going to need one?

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Why, Ted? Is your third SS going to need one?

Maybe he's just trying to help another member.

#293 7 years ago

I'm still looking for a spider pointer if anyone comes across one

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

I'm still looking for a spider pointer if anyone comes across one

#295 7 years ago

What type of chord/elastic do you use in the boney beast. I got a set of glow bones, just never really gave any thought to what type of string is used

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from idtattoo:

What type of chord/elastic do you use in the boney beast. I got a set of glow bones, just never really gave any thought to what type of string is used

I went down to home depot and got some 16 gauge galvanized steel wire running through mine. Holds the bones very steady in place around the spider hole. The prior one before I swapped out the bones was a coated thinner wire but it allowed the bones to shift quite a bit, especially around the spider hole when the ball came through.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I sent Planetary a request to make them, but I don't suspect it will be any time soon. If everyone who needs one sends them a request, maybe it could happen sooner.

I also sent an email request to Planetary for the three plastics behind the translite (2 floating 1 attached), and received a response from Rick that said that there's a chance they will reproduce them, but probably not high on the list as he has never had a request for them. So if anyone else needs those pieces you may also want to send an email to planetary.

#298 7 years ago

My SS has worked flawlessly. Tonight she died

Just playing a game and whole game went dead.

Switch back on and it tries to start, red writing appears, then dead, rinse, repeat.

Not a clue what is going on

#299 7 years ago

Bridge rectifiers (old running joke) ,may be correct

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yep, I need that part as well. Come on Planetary, lets get this going.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 3672 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside