6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

There are 4,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 85.
#2851 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Has anyone removed/replaced the inner backboard or backglass detail? I have one however I never installed it. Just wondering how difficult it is because it seems like its a decal with adhesive.

Yes and it is not nice to change. There is no special talent needed, just a lot of patients. Getting the old one off is the worst of it.

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I didn't hear that. I only heard she won't appear in costume anymore. I'll find out....

I most likely misheard things.That's probably what it is, no more dress up. If she comes to Chiller, I'll definitely be heading up there. I'd love to have her sign a few pieces of pinball art.

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

If she comes to Chiller, I'll definitely be heading up there. I'd love to have her sign a few pieces of pinball art.

I'll let you know...and come up as my guest!

#2854 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'll let you know...and come up as my guest!

Thanks, that would be great.

#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Yes and it is not nice to change. There is no special talent needed, just a lot of patients. Getting the old one off is the worst of it.

That's what I was scared to hear I wonder if the freeze method would work or the opposite - heat gun on a low setting.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

That's what I was scared to hear I wonder if the freeze method would work or the opposite - heat gun on a low setting

I did use the hairdryer but it comes off bit by bit. What stinks about it is that the new one is glue on instead of a sticker. I think you just have to lump it and take your time.

#2857 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I did use the hairdryer but it comes off bit by bit. What stinks about it is that the new one is glue on instead of a sticker. I think you just have to lump it and take your time.

Don't they have new ones available?

#2858 5 years ago

I have only seen the glue on ones.

#2859 5 years ago

I'm hoping for a bit of expertise to tackle an issue with the balls not always ejecting properly from the coffin. Weirdly enough, the problem only seems to be with the last ball and occurs either when I get the 3 lock multiball or the machine is trying to clear multiple balls from the coffin after the game has ended. The ball shoots up but doesn't usually make it out of the coffin...its close though. The first few balls have no issue. I found the following service bulletin and was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and how they've fixed it. Would love a pic or two as that is always really helpful. Here's the service bulletin:

"If the game clears multiple balls but has trouble with the last ball, the eject plunger and coil need to be aligned with the tube leading upwards in to the coffin, most often this is solved by adding a thin washer between the top coil mounting bracket part# 01-9794 and the popper assy. weldment part# 04-10349, alternately the washer can be added to the lower coil mounting bracket to move the plunger the other direction if necessary"

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2860 5 years ago

After someone helps per3per3.........I just want to thank Bob for installing a color DMD in my Scared Stiff an hour ago! Looks great!

#2861 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm hoping for a bit of expertise to tackle an issue with the balls not always ejecting properly from the coffin. Weirdly enough, the problem only seems to be with the last ball and occurs either when I get the 3 lock multiball or the machine is trying to clear multiple balls from the coffin after the game has ended. The ball shoots up but doesn't usually make it out of the coffin...its close though. The first few balls have no issue. I found the following service bulletin and was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and how they've fixed it. Would love a pic or two as that is always really helpful. Here's the service bulletin:
"If the game clears multiple balls but has trouble with the last ball, the eject plunger and coil need to be aligned with the tube leading upwards in to the coffin, most often this is solved by adding a thin washer between the top coil mounting bracket part# 01-9794 and the popper assy. weldment part# 04-10349, alternately the washer can be added to the lower coil mounting bracket to move the plunger the other direction if necessary"
Thanks in advance for your help!

Tech help bump

#2862 5 years ago

Help him bump

#2863 5 years ago

did you attempt the bulletin and it didn't help or are you asking if anyone else has tried it to remedy the same issue?

#2864 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

did you attempt the bulletin and it didn't help or are you asking if anyone else has tried it to remedy the same issue?

I haven't attempted the bulletin's solution and wanted to see if anyone else has or if they implemented something different.

#2865 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

haven't attempted the bulletin's solution and wanted to see if anyone else has or if they implemented something different

I have done this but not to my SS. It’s a plunger to ball alignment issue. It will move the plunger to hit the ball so it will come out of the VUK smoothly
Take the glass off, set the test mode for the coffin vuk to operate toss a ball in and see how it is kicking it out then throw all three in the lock and watch them come out. Once you get the plunger aligned right the problem will disappear.

#2866 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

er someone helps per3per3.........I just want to thank Bob for installing a color DMD in my Scared Stiff an hour ago! Looks great!

LCD or LED? I did the LCD years ago and I still marvel at how nice it looks

#2867 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have done this but not to my SS. It’s a plunger to ball alignment issue. It will move the plunger to hit the ball so it will come out of the VUK smoothly
Take the glass off, set the test mode for the coffin vuk to operate toss a ball in and see how it is kicking it out then throw all three in the lock and watch them come out. Once you get the plunger aligned right the problem will disappear.

Really appreciate the advice. It's strange that the issues only impacts the last ball when multiple are ejected from the coffin. You'd think an alignment issue would impact any ball ejected from the coffin.

I'll get some small washers and implement the fix.

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

LCD or LED? I did the LCD years ago and I still marvel at how nice it looks

Oh, I don't know! It was the $400 one, if that helps. It looks great! lol...I've already lost balls because I'm watching the damn color display!

#2869 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, I don't know! It was the $400 one, if that helps. It looks great! lol...I've already lost balls because I'm watching the damn color display!

Then it's doin it's job!

#2870 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

How did you go about getting the plunger properly aligned?

#2871 5 years ago

Hehehe...

Screenshot_20180502-131803_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180502-131803_Twitter (resized).jpg

#2873 5 years ago

lol.

#2874 5 years ago

Man... they're gonna smudge up the glass.

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Well, I think that those guys could probably handle that task.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

You have to shim the coil mount bracket with washers for the coffin vuk.

#2877 5 years ago

She said Tale of the 'Bony Breast ... Beast' to me last night...then I gave her multiple jackpots She always brings a smile to my face.

#2878 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You have to shim the coil mount bracket with washers for the coffin vuk.

I actually shimmeed the two left most screws for the whole mech and the fix seems to be working. It's not the fix the service bulletin suggests, but it accomplishes the same thing and it works! The power of gravity for the win!

#2879 5 years ago

that was last year at allentown ?

#2880 5 years ago

Hi guys,

New to the SS club, bough it on site, regular condition, missing parts but willing to restore her to shine again!!

Gustavo

image1.jpegimage1.jpeg

image2.jpegimage2.jpeg

image4.jpegimage4.jpeg

image1.jpegimage1.jpeg

#2881 5 years ago

Looks good, hope it was priced right for ya. Good luck with her.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Looks good, hope it was priced right for ya. Good luck with her.

Hi, price was right $1.250, it's working but needs some parts and cleaning, cabinet and playfield in good condition fortunately.

Gustavo

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi, price was right $1.250, it's working but needs some parts and cleaning, cabinet and playfield in good condition fortunately.
Gustavo

WOW congrats! Can't go wrong there....

#2884 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

WOW congrats! Can't go wrong there....

Thanks, Im very lucky!!

Gustavo

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Gustavo

That is a bargain

#2887 5 years ago

Thanks guys,

Fortunately in Colombia there's not a high pinball demand, that helps. I need help here, the playfield is missing the skull pile, Marcos got it but it seems there's a leds board behind them? A picture would help. Thanks

Gustavo

IMG_0365 (resized).JPGIMG_0365 (resized).JPG

#2888 5 years ago

Congrats on the buy! I lived in Colombia for 4 years in the 60's. We started at Barranquilla, then Medellin and finally Cali. Only went to Bogota once.

#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Congrats on the buy! I lived in Colombia for 4 years in the 60's. We started at Barranquilla, then Medellin and finally Cali. Only went to Bogota once.

That's great, Colombia is trying to change its brutal past, Bogota, Medellín and Cali are great city's now, lets don't forget Colombian beautiful girls jejejeje. More than welcome.

Gustavo

#2890 5 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Thanks guys,
Fortunately in Colombia there's not a high pinball demand, that helps. I need help here, the playfield is missing the skull pile, Marcos got it but it seems there's a leds board behind them? A picture would help. Thanks
Gustavo

There isn't a board. It is a cable harness with LEDs installed. Same story with the candle flames. You can buy it here:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/SS_Page.html

Does the area have the flashers installed? You might need that also.

#2891 5 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There isn't a board. It is a cable harness with LEDs installed. Same story with the candle flames. You can buy it here:
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/SS_Page.html
Does the area have the flashers installed? You might need that also.

Thanks,

This is what I found....

9BDBD271-0B80-4E6F-8A8D-DB3889AE778D (resized).jpeg9BDBD271-0B80-4E6F-8A8D-DB3889AE778D (resized).jpeg

A54966AF-DB2E-485A-BD97-F88880CF672A (resized).jpegA54966AF-DB2E-485A-BD97-F88880CF672A (resized).jpeg

#2892 5 years ago

That is funny. See that hole with nothing in it closer to the back side of the Boney Beast. That is where red flasher goes. Please see photo:

The remaining holes is where the flasher should be that backlights the skull pile. I don't think the blue doom is part of the assembly.

SS PF (resized).pngSS PF (resized).png

#2893 5 years ago

So if you buy the skull pile, LED eyes and the candle flames you should be good to go. Just have to move a few things around.

#2894 5 years ago

Surprise surprise.... Welding on my future. Difficult to take apart from the playfield.

Gustavo

5DB71F42-2DEF-4A0D-921F-DE0022012114.jpeg5DB71F42-2DEF-4A0D-921F-DE0022012114.jpeg

C5A27F56-03B2-4FA4-92DC-502101FEB1E4.jpegC5A27F56-03B2-4FA4-92DC-502101FEB1E4.jpeg

23C4D4BF-0F00-4320-8580-31AE8104F6F9.jpeg23C4D4BF-0F00-4320-8580-31AE8104F6F9.jpeg

#2895 5 years ago

For what you paid for the game you could afford to make plenty of repairs...

#2896 5 years ago

I need a little bit of help. I got powdercoated siderails for my machine. Can I install them with what I have around the house? Someone said I may need a heat gun (or hairdryer?) to remove the old rails? How are they held on? What do I need to put on the new ones? screws? Double sided tape?
If someone has detailed instructions I'd appreciate it.....

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Someone said I may need a heat gun (or hairdryer?) to remove the old rails?

I use a thin scraper under the rail right next to the nail to lift it slightly. Then, I use a pair of vice grips with a sharp set of teeth at the very end, and work them under the lip of the nail. The vice grips I use are Irwin brand. They look something like this: http://www.irwin.com/tools/locking-tools/fast-release-long-nose-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter

I looked through everything they had at Lowes to find a set where the teeth are exactly at the end of the jaw. Worked like a charm.

More info
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/removing-side-rails-vids-guide

#2898 5 years ago

Thanks! So I really don't need to heat them up?

#2899 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks! So I really don't need to heat them up?

For a rail, I am not sure why. I've pulled a few, and they were only held on by the nails. I'd be curious to see if there was a difference.

#2900 5 years ago

Thanks Dude! So, all I need to do is pry that nail forward and pull it out. I already have other rails, so I'm not worried about these.
Pull old rails off after removing nails. Put new ones on and put nails back...or screws, etc. Got it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
$ 69.99
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
8,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
£ 37.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/58?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.