6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
20231003_155841 (resized).jpg
20231003_155829 (resized).jpg

There are 4,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 85.
#2401 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very dark imo ...... i went with sunlight, warm white and cool white frosted and color matched inserts

see, i'm the opposite. i like natty white under my inserts, then colored playfield gi, usually. not sure it's going to work on this game though.

#2402 6 years ago

Also id recommend keeping incandescent flashers in the 8 claws as leds dont look /work right on them.

#2403 6 years ago

could be the bulbs, too. they're just single smd's. also, colored will always be darker than white.

#2404 6 years ago

no improvement on the bat ramp airballs. hasn't anyone fab'd a ramp guard for that yet? i'd buy one.

#2405 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

no improvement on the bat ramp airballs. hasn't anyone fab'd a ramp guard for that yet? i'd buy one.

I set the angle of my pin up to around 7.5 and rarely get a airball anymore

#2406 6 years ago

i like setting my games up lower for my daughter and friends who suck at pinball.

#2407 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

slap the plunger. don't pull it back.

You need to have a washer between your housing and spring if you do that. The spring is hardened steel and the housing is not and will get damaged. It's probably not good for the machine regardless. Make sure the shooter rod spring is a weak one if you are having trouble with the spider hole plunge

#2408 6 years ago

so i just played a game and the music went real quiet during the end of game sequence. i hit start and same thing. it wasn't until i put the ball in play until the music went to normal volume. what's up with that? hopefully it's not the gd board.

#2409 6 years ago

a little better. took the green out:

IMAG0673[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0673[1] (resized).jpg

#2410 6 years ago

i might try some natty whites under the ramps next. not sure i like the purple directly underneath them. i think less is more on this game.

#2411 6 years ago

went back to the green bones. put red under the slings, which i didn't think would work, but it did. got that incandescent out from under the left ramp. put a purple in there to match the right one. put a green in the coffin spotlight. need a stronger green wedge, however. only had a flattop wedge. i'm happy now.

IMAG0676[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0676[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0674[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0674[1] (resized).jpg

#2412 6 years ago

oh, i had some green superbands, so i threw those on the flippers. need to order the rest of the game. i'm a big fan of that look: shiny rubbers.

#2413 6 years ago

anyone have pics of these installed?

http://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/scared-stiff

can't decide on blue or red. leaning towards red.

#2414 6 years ago

I picked up a Scared Stiff recently and noticed that the coffin lid is missing. I have the "middle" section that tips up and down to let the ball out, but missing the whole top "lid" portion. This may be a dumb question, but besides the lid, what else do I need to purchase to make that portion work correctly? The lid is sold separate at Marco, but I'm wondering what other assembly I might be missing?

#2415 6 years ago

my lid starting sticking up.

#2416 6 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

The lid is sold separate at Marco, but I'm wondering what other assembly I might be missing?

Lid, pin, and spring.

#2417 6 years ago

I picked up a Scared Stiff recently and noticed that the coffin lid is missing. I have the "middle" section that tips up and down to let the ball out, but missing the whole top "lid" portion. This may be a dumb question, but besides the lid, what else do I need to purchase to make that portion work correctly? The lid is sold separate at Marco, but I'm wondering what other assembly I might be missing?

Do you have the metal coffin plate the plastic coffin lid attaches too? plastic coffin lid?
Spring and hinge pin?
What about the post that lifts up the lid from below via solenoid? might be broken...

#2418 6 years ago

Check out page 92 of the owners manual that you can download from IPDB.com

page 92 of the manual (resized).jpgpage 92 of the manual (resized).jpg

#2419 6 years ago

I believe I'm missing the coffin plate assembly on my new scared stiff, and I've looked at all part retailers online that I know and can't find it in stock. Does anyone have an extra that I can purchase? Part number below:

Coffin Plate Assy 04-10420 Scared Stiff

#2420 6 years ago

check mantis.

#2421 6 years ago

I believe I'm missing the crate plate assembly on my new scared stiff, and I've looked at all part retailers online that I know and can't find it in stock. Does anyone have an extra that I can purchase? Part number below:
Coffin Plate Assy 04-10420 Scared Stiff

Places overseas have it .....

#2422 6 years ago

is it normal that SS plays music at the wrong time? for example, i'll get the end of game music sometimes during ball 3.

#2423 6 years ago

could a game rom get corrupt?

#2424 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is it normal that SS plays music at the wrong time? for example, i'll get the end of game music sometimes during ball 3.

Never saw it happen...

Quoted from weaverj:

could a game rom get corrupt?

I think it can... it's easy and cheap to change it for a new.... maybe you should try!

#2425 6 years ago

Also check ribbon cable..!

#2426 6 years ago

ribbons were good. they're folded in behind the boards nice and neat. i reseated them. still having weird music sequences.

last night, i got coffin multiball during ball 1. when i lost it and went back to single ball, end of game music started, again. game still plays like it should. music changes with any hurry ups i get into. so weird.

i did just put in a pinnovator sub out board. maybe i popped some solder when i installed it? i don't think having it in there would be causing it. my CV still works fine.

#2427 6 years ago

Huh. Do the right sounds play in test mode?

#2428 6 years ago

yep, each main play in test is different music.

#2429 6 years ago

15 inch tall all aluminum topper

IMG_0453 (resized).JPGIMG_0453 (resized).JPG

#2430 6 years ago

Gonna buy an Elvira costume for her. Should look sweet

IMG_0155 (resized).JPGIMG_0155 (resized).JPG

#2431 6 years ago

Scared Stiff Speaker logos

Euro 49 + Euro 22,- shipping to USA

stainles steel lasercuted

ss (resized).jpgss (resized).jpg

#2432 6 years ago

i removed the pinnovator board for fun, but music was still all over the place. i could put the sound roms on my CV a/v board and test with that, but it would be a pita and could potentially make things worse.

#2433 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i removed the pinnovator board for fun, but music was still all over the place. i could put the sound roms on my CV a/v board and test with that, but it would be a pita and could potentially make things worse.

Take CV ribbon cables to SS, and see what happens? To me, it still sounds like it's an addressing issue. For some reason, the AV board in SS is getting incorrect calls. Bad ribbons, cold solder joint on ribbon headers, interference from something else (spider motor?)

#2434 6 years ago

Anyone have any extra parts? An extra coffin, a leaper metal pole, etc? Let me know!

#2435 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Take CV ribbon cables to SS, and see what happens? To me, it still sounds like it's an addressing issue. For some reason, the AV board in SS is getting incorrect calls. Bad ribbons, cold solder joint on ribbon headers, interference from something else (spider motor?)

i could definitely try that. i could also try playing with the spider swiveled out from the backbox. thanks for the suggestions.

#2436 6 years ago

i think i'm chasing a ghost, dude. watch this:

go to ~3:30. after he loses coffin multiball, it goes to the end of game music.

#2437 6 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Gonna buy an Elvira costume for her. Should look sweet

Think that mannequin is gonna need a boob job in order for her to fill out an Elvira outfit.

#2438 6 years ago

so what do you do when one of your skull pile eyes goes out? i was thinking of making an eye patch for the poor guy.

#2439 6 years ago

Shopping a friends SS. Can I add nvram to this gsme without desoldering? I know it depends if the board has the socketed original chip. Anyone have a pic of it installed ?

Thx

#2440 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Shopping a friends SS. Can I add nvram to this gsme without desoldering? I know it depends if the board has the socketed original chip. Anyone have a pic of it installed ?
Thx

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/45#post-3506055

Mac

1 week later
#2441 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Scared Stiff Speaker logos
Euro 49 + Euro 22,- shipping to USA
stainles steel lasercuted

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stif-monsterbash-speaker-grill-bat-spider

2 kits in stock

#2442 6 years ago

I am missing one "leaper" metal rod that I can't find on any parts website. I see you can buy a set of three from some places, but I just need one. Does anyone by chance have an extra I can purchase? Thank you!!

#2443 6 years ago

warning to the club: i tore into the playfield tonight for cliffys and rubbers install. may need some reassembly help.

one thing i definitely jacked up is the hex bolt that goes into the star post at the top of the upper sling rubber. didn't realize it was bolt and nut setup and tried unscrewing the bolt first. cracked it in half. looks like a 1 3/4" length. anyone know what the thread spacing and width is? that would be a godsend.

#2445 6 years ago

she's back together. didn't screw too many things up. stripped and broke a few screws. had to check this thread's pic gallery for the spider upkicker reassembly.

i was having bat ramp airballs before i tore it down, so i tried to flatten the entry flap a little while i could work with it. haven't had an airball since. way better game now. had my newest high score last night, too. the superbands make it a little harder to outlane drain, which is nice. they don't look wide, but they gobble up a lot of balls.

gameblades should be here today. i'll take some pics of the whole project/upgrade complete.

#2446 6 years ago

IMAG0693[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0693[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0694[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0694[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0692[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0692[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0695[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0695[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG0696[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0696[1] (resized).jpg

#2447 6 years ago

IMAG0699[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0699[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0697[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0697[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0698[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0698[1] (resized).jpg
IMAG0700[1] (resized).jpgIMAG0700[1] (resized).jpg

#2448 6 years ago

i like it.

#2449 6 years ago

Those side blades look good, I might have to add those to mine

#2450 6 years ago

i was torn between red and blue. my daughter pushed for the blue. she was correct.

it really adds a lot of green, too, which i like. helps blend in my colored gi.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 4,227 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.