909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 85.
#2201 7 years ago

sweet, where did you get those from?

i see your a green flipper rubber like myself. There's a few reds out there but mostly black as standard!

bob

#2202 7 years ago

check out my add there is custom SS pingulp for sale

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “See list below all prices are shipped. If you have any questions just ask most of the stuff i decided to not use or just had laying around. 1. Ball shooter housing $8.00 (used) 2...”
2016-12-09
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 483 times

3f8516deebcd896dfc7bd0746c2bbe66ba70ba30 (resized).jpg3f8516deebcd896dfc7bd0746c2bbe66ba70ba30 (resized).jpg

#2203 7 years ago

OMG...coolest pingulp ever! Of I hadn't just sold SS, I wouldn't be able to click fast enough.

#2204 7 years ago

Bloody option?

20161210_134151 (resized).jpg20161210_134151 (resized).jpg

#2205 7 years ago

Hi guys. Just picked up a Scared Stiff this last Sat. I still have a few things to iron out on it (Spider Wheel being the main one). There are these 3 plugs on the bottom of the playfield that I can not figure out what they go to. I circled them in red. Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

IMG_3661-2 (resized).jpgIMG_3661-2 (resized).jpg

#2206 7 years ago
Quoted from lilltlc:

Hi guys. Just picked up a Scared Stiff this last Sat. I still have a few things to iron out on it (Spider Wheel being the main one). There are these 3 plugs on the bottom of the playfield that I can not figure out what they go to. I circled them in red. Can someone help me out?
Thanks!

2 at very bottom are for the dead head skull eyes.....if you get the mod they are used.

#2207 7 years ago
Quoted from lilltlc:

Thanks!

Umm the other is for a whole coil assembly your missing........ your missing the crate coil mechanism that keeps the door closed till its time to open it..... very important .

#2208 7 years ago
Quoted from lilltlc:

here is a picture

20161206_162836 (resized).jpg20161206_162836 (resized).jpg

#2209 7 years ago

Link is not working for me

Thanks

#2210 7 years ago
Quoted from lilltlc:

Link is not working for me
Thanks

Fixed original post sorry abt that

#2211 7 years ago

I THINK that was laying in the bottom of the machine. Can I bother you for a few more photos if it? The part that was in the bottom of the machine did not seem to have any mounting holes as I remember.

#2212 7 years ago
Quoted from lilltlc:

Can I bother you for a few more photos if it?

Will grab you some pics this evening. attaching the only other pic I have on hand

20161206_162834 (resized).jpg20161206_162834 (resized).jpg

#2213 7 years ago

Machine DOES look clean!

#2214 7 years ago

Not sure if these pics will help but here ya go.

028 (resized).JPG028 (resized).JPG
031 (resized).JPG031 (resized).JPG

#2215 7 years ago

My sweet wife bought me a Color LED DMD for our Scared Stiff for our anniversary. I installed it last night and WOW... what a difference. I always liked the LCD Color DMD on machines that I played that had them, but the LED version really pops on this title.

I would post a picture but it wouldn't do it justice. You have to see one of these... then your going to put it on your must have list

#2216 7 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Not sure if these pics will help but here ya go.

Yes, these helped. Looks like my bracket is broke into two parts. I could weld it back, but just ordered a new one. Maybe weld the broken one for a "backup" at a later date.

Thank you!

#2217 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

then your going to put it on your must have list

elvira christmas (resized).jpgelvira christmas (resized).jpg

#2218 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

My sweet wife bought me a Color LED DMD for our Scared Stiff for our anniversary

Where did she get it?

#2219 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Where did she get it?

ColorDMD .com.....

#2220 7 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow!

#2221 7 years ago

Hi
is this set of graphics available to buy to the UK please?
cheers
Bob
PinballToys.co.uk

#2222 7 years ago

Anyone looking for a restored and CC playfield LMK. We just finished one and it is sweeeeet. Posted on pinside for $1100.

Chris

IMG_1692 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_1692 - Copy (resized).JPG

IMG_1693 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_1693 - Copy (resized).JPG

IMG_1694 (resized).JPGIMG_1694 (resized).JPG

IMG_1695 - Copy (resized).JPGIMG_1695 - Copy (resized).JPG

IMG_1698 (resized).JPGIMG_1698 (resized).JPG

IMG_1700 (resized).JPGIMG_1700 (resized).JPG

IMG_1701 (resized).JPGIMG_1701 (resized).JPG

IMG_1702 (resized).JPGIMG_1702 (resized).JPG

IMG_1703 (resized).JPGIMG_1703 (resized).JPG

#2223 7 years ago

Playfield sold.

#2224 7 years ago

Well, 5 days of SS ownership and I became Scared Stiff! Fun mode. Been to it 2 other times but finally defeated it last night.

So, here is a couple of gameplay questions:

1. It looks like another goal is to finish all the spider inserts. Is that the only thing left for me to beat? I've heard SS is fun but not super deep. That doesn't necessarily bother me, I'm just curious. My final score (and new GC score since I cleared the old scores as it was set on 5-ball and changed it to 3-ball). So far my kids and folks who were over for a Christmas party last night love it. Funny that I did receive "multiple jackpots!" with my 14 year old son and his buddy watching. I chuckled inside but didn't say anything as I wasn't sure if maybe that went over their heads. They didn't say anything so I didn't either!

2. What is the point of the "Spell" targets on the left?

#2225 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

1. It looks like another goal is to finish all the spider inserts. Is that the only thing left for me to beat? I've heard SS is fun but not super deep. That doesn't necessarily bother me, I'm just curious. My final score (and new GC score since I cleared the old scores as it was set on 5-ball and changed it to 3-ball). So far my kids and folks who were over for a Christmas party last night love it. Funny that I did receive "multiple jackpots!" with my 14 year old son and his buddy watching. I chuckled inside but didn't say anything as I wasn't sure if maybe that went over their heads. They didn't say anything so I didn't either!

yep, but that´s a hard one (at least for me)

they light the kickback, which is not really a kickback but gives you another ball into the shooter lane

#2226 7 years ago

Well, 5 days of SS ownership and I became Scared Stiff! Fun mode. Been to it 2 other times but finally defeated it last night.
So, here is a couple of gameplay questions:

Yes ss can b easy but take ball save off, open the outlanes whole way (i even put very small rubbers on bottom post) and set the factory preset settings to hard(most important make biggest difference ) and i wld bet it kicks your butt lol. Also the middle playfield action is awesome if set up right.... took me a while to dial that in but i believe its supposed to kick out of scoop then hit pop bumper and then back into the thrid sling which does some crazy action which is very unpredictable. Also set up to 7-7.5 degrees and it can be brutal.... mines very difficult now and it makes a much better game that way imo.and i rarely make it to the ss mode. There is also another mb called spider mb after you get all the awards which most count as beating the game along with getting ss. The spell targets are for a left outlane ball save when lit(hard setting u will rarely get it). Super Fun pin after u set it up more difficult .....

#2227 7 years ago

Here is a lazy question. I can look for myself, but is U8 socketed on SS to put in NVRAM?

#2228 7 years ago

Here is a lazy question. I can look for myself, but is U8 socketed on SS to put in NVRAM?

Nope... just did mine a couple of weeks ago.

DSC_9116 (resized).JPGDSC_9116 (resized).JPG

DSC_9117 (resized).JPGDSC_9117 (resized).JPG

#2229 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

ColorDMD .com.....

I just put a color LED display in mine which I got from colordmd.com

LED has more brightness and contrast than the LCD which seems to suit SS.

I couldn't be happier, it was a very easy install and super fast delivery.

Merry Christmas

#2230 7 years ago

Yes, the LED display is amazing. Makes my color DMD in AFM right next to it very dull in comparison.

#2231 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Nope... just did mine a couple of weeks ago.

Kind of figured. So much for NVRAM in my SS. I'll just make a remote battery holder. Thanks!

#2232 7 years ago

Yea its nice the led is brighter but i like dots xl and the other options depending on what pin it goin in.

#2233 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I just put a color LED display in mine which I got from colordmd.com
LED has more brightness and contrast than the LCD which seems to suit SS.
I couldn't be happier, it was a very easy install and super fast delivery.
Merry Christmas

I also put the ColorDMD LED in my Scared Stiff and it's unbelievable. In addition I added the Dancing Boogiemen add-on from Freeplay Amusements and that's another solid addition. Scared Stiff is just a great pin and gets the most play in my lineup of Twilight Zone, Ghostbusters Premium, and Terminator 2.

One warning about adding your first ColorDMD...you will want to colorize all of your machines so beware!

#2234 7 years ago

Scared Stiff - Spider Wheel Question -

I've been upgrading my Scared Stiff (Dancing Boogiemen, ColorDMD) and have a quick question regarding the Spider Wheel. When I run a Test it works fine (will spin forever - counts up to 198 then back to 1 and so on) but in play when a ball drops in the chute & spins the Wheel it spins for 8 revolutions and if you haven't selected by then it stops on its own.

I'm guessing this ain't normal and have read online that it should spin for about 35 seconds before stopping on its own. Any advice or suggestions here are most needed and much appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

#2235 7 years ago

I have a different spider wheel issue, Mark. Maybe someone else can help with this too??

When the spider wheel is spinning after hitting the scoop, most of the time everything works normally, but sometimes the selection does not match where the wheel stopped. The lit spider wheel items follow the wheel perfectly, then changes immediately when the wheel stops. This happens maybe 1 out of 10 times. Otherwise, it works perfectly.

Has anyone else had this issue?

#2236 7 years ago

Hey BigStiffy - I've searched wide & low and have done all the ancillary checks which you may want to do too. My Spider Pointer Wheel is well attached to the motor hub, the Flipper Switches test fine, the two leads from the two IDC connections on the CPU to the PCB Opto are solid, so I'm now thinking that it may be an Opto Board/PCB issue (someone else had Diod 9 go out on them). The PCB (D-12046) is actually pretty inexpensive but every single source appears to be out of stock so ordering a replacement ain't an option right now. I may send my PCB out for testing and, if necessary, repair but would much prefer to buy the upgraded PCB "SY11-SMD System 11 Stepper Motor Driver Board" but it's just not available.

Hope you have a simpler problem!

#2237 7 years ago

Back in the club after years away!! What a way to start 2017.

#2238 7 years ago

Anyone know a place to purchase a new Boney Beast ramp? Added a wanted add.

#2239 7 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Anyone know a place to purchase a new Boney Beast ramp? Added a wanted add.

Starship-fantasy.com has new repros. I need a new bat ramp. If you want to order together (there is a discount for buying both ramps together versus individually) it will be cheaper for us both and we both live in Illinois. PM me if you are interested!

#2240 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Starship-fantasy.com has new repros. I need a new bat ramp. If you want to order together (there is a discount for buying both ramps together versus individually) it will be cheaper for us both and we both live in Illinois. PM me if you are interested!

Are they made and available yet?

#2241 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Sounds good, lets order them. Thanks

#2242 7 years ago

Quick Question - How many revolutions should the Spider Wheel make while in play (without hitting the Flippers) before it auto-stops?

Mine goes 8 revolutions before auto-stopping, but it's consistent and does work. I've read online where someone said it should turn for about 35 seconds before auto-stopping, so I'm not sure if I'm okay or have a problem with my game.

Any insights are appreciated!

#2243 7 years ago

Man mine goes about 4-5 at max

#2244 7 years ago

Thanks ForensicD!

I've been doing some upgrades (ColorDMD, Dancing Boogiemen, new Skullpile Lights) and I think I've gotten a bit too obsessive - sounds like it's working just fine then (without access to another Scared Stiff I have to rely on the Internet for details which can be helpful but dangerous!).

#2245 7 years ago

Upgrades are cool!

SCARED STIFF FINAL (86) (resized).JPGSCARED STIFF FINAL (86) (resized).JPG

#2246 7 years ago

Wowzer!

Now how many revolutions does that beauty make before auto-stopping (provided you don't use the Flippers to stop it!).

#2247 7 years ago

That chrome is incredible!

#2248 7 years ago

Love the DIY Boogie Men mod. Very simple, vice, 5 inch scrap of pipe, hack saw, pop-rivets and boogie men from Amazon. Total cost $8. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dancing-boogie-men-kit-home-made

20170108_181610 (resized).jpg20170108_181610 (resized).jpg
20170108_181620 (resized).jpg20170108_181620 (resized).jpg

20170108_181610 (resized).jpg20170108_181610 (resized).jpg

#2249 7 years ago

Man, that looks slick! I definitely need to add a color DMD to my SS this year.

#2250 7 years ago

"Scared Stiff" ColorDMD is fantastic! Also, still collecting data on how long your "Spider Wheel" spins during play before auto-stopping on its own (when you don't hit the Flippers) so any Intel here is much appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 38.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 39.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/45?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.