909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 85.
#2151 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

What did you get with it?

A eatpm.......older Elvira pin

#2152 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I put in alot of work finding the right deal .... i know of others that i didnt purchase. If interested i can give u the leads. Its definitely worth the price of admission and why its hard to find and going up in price... its up there with mb, tz, afm imo....

Definitely interested enough to check out those leads send em over!

#2153 7 years ago

My SS is coming on Monday

#2154 7 years ago

Anyone know when the lighting bolt inserts down by flippers go active? What exactly are they for? They use flasher bulbs also . Is it some kind of ball save u can earn?

#2155 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone know when the lighting bolt inserts down by flippers go active? What exactly are they for? They use flasher bulbs also . Is it some kind of ball save u can earn?

They are for when you get the multiball extenders on the crate and coffin from the spider wheel like they basically tell you that you have a ball saver for multiball

#2156 7 years ago
Quoted from Faith452:

They are for when you get the multiball extenders on the crate and coffin from the spider wheel like they basically tell you that you have a ball saver for multiball

Sweet thax for the info...

#2157 7 years ago

These are available now at mezelmods. 3D printed by Joe Zenkus. Painted by Modfather.

SS Square (resized).jpgSS Square (resized).jpg

#2158 7 years ago

Let me just say how great this pin is. It has some the best light shows of any pin do to all the flashers , great humor-callouts-music, nice toys, great clever programing like the slingshot dance mode, flippers flipping at end of ball sometimes, pop bumpers firing by themselfs and of course the scared stiff mode even know i haven't started it yet but just the start is awesome so i know it will be great. People say its easy which i agree to a extent..... i have my settings on hard with open outlanes, 7.3 degree,very sensitive slings including the upper sling and pop bumper which give some great upper playfield action and unpredictability, no ball save, very seldom extra balls. I can get to the scared stiff mode 1 in every 10-15 games but have yet to actually start it bc of the hard settings to start the mb's. I like it that way bc its hard but is in reach of beating. Also the most ive completed on the spider wheel is 5-6 so that may take a while to beat lol. Great fun pin that everyone sld play. I can see y it took me a while to find one and y prices have been going up on it.

#2159 7 years ago

Hey bigd,

Do you know about the 3? When the spider in the head starts to spin, watch the left side of the DMD where spiders crawl up a web. Rarely, instead of a spider, the numeral 3 crawls up the web. If you hit the Start button three times before the 3 disappears, you are awarded an extra Spider Award. Apparently the software writer was born on the third of the month, thus the 3.

Alan

#2160 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Hey bigd,
Do you know about the 3? When the spider in the head starts to spin, watch the left side of the DMD where spiders crawl up a web. Rarely, instead of a spider, the numeral 3 crawls up the web. If you hit the Start button three times before the 3 disappears, you are awarded an extra Spider Award. Apparently the software writer was born on the third of the month, thus the 3.
Alan

Dude, what an awesome easter egg. I love it - had no clue about that!

#2161 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Dude, what an awesome easter egg. I love it - had no clue about that!

The entire time we had SS, when the three came up we had a system where the waiting player would smash the button for the player. My kids would both yell out "THREEEEE!"

#2162 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Hey bigd,
Alan

Probably related to The Getaway: High Speed II 's "three-cop-car at the donut shop" easter egg. There's another game with a three reference, but at the moment I'm drawing a blank.

#2163 7 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Hey bigd,
Alan

That may help me finish the spider wheel at some point......thax

#2164 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That may help me finish the spider wheel at some point......thax

Yes but it sucks if it is on the first ball because it adds a extra player....

#2165 7 years ago

I have had mine for years and never knew about the 3... That is so cool, thanks Alan_L for the info!

#2166 7 years ago

Anyone know if Freeplayamusements.com is still operating? I want to buy the Dancing Boogiemen slings addons from their site but when I email to check availibility it bounces back saying that the email does not exist. They have a PayPal button set up but I don't want to send $99 to find out that the product isn't there anymore or have no way to contact the seller. I saw some on ebay at one point but you had to do some drilling which I'd like to avoid all together. Any ideas?

#2168 7 years ago

Clicking on that link it says "SOLD OUT."

#2169 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Clicking on that link it says "SOLD OUT."

May be worth a email to see for sure tho....

#2172 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'd like something perfect. Thanks for the suggestions.

I just saw them somewhere .... let me try find where it was....

#2173 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Probably related to The Getaway: High Speed II 's "three-cop-car at the donut shop" easter egg. There's another game with a three reference, but at the moment I'm drawing a blank.

Rooney sometimes jumps over a '3' on CV.

#2174 7 years ago

I've got a repaired and cleared scared stiff pf for sale, just finished last week $1,000 OBO inc shipping.

PM me if you are interested.

Chris Kruger

#2175 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Yes but it sucks if it is on the first ball because it adds a extra player....

take it off freeplay ; )=

#2176 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Anyone know if Freeplayamusements.com is still operating? I want to buy the Dancing Boogiemen slings addons from their site but when I email to check availibility it bounces back saying that the email does not exist. They have a PayPal button set up but I don't want to send $99 to find out that the product isn't there anymore or have no way to contact the seller. I saw some on ebay at one point but you had to do some drilling which I'd like to avoid all together. Any ideas?

I got mine from freeplay at the end of October.
Worse case file a paypal claim, but I had no trouble

#2177 7 years ago

My SS is a basketcase and I don't have another to easily compare it to...so I apologize in advance for some lame questions

My globes stopped lighting up and the popbumpers never flashed

Are the bulbs in the globes supposed to be 555's?

And the popbumpers 906's per the manual? Is that really correct?

Thanks!

Bob C

#2178 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I just saw them somewhere .... let me try find where it was....

http://www.freeplayamusements.com/boogie.htm

#2179 7 years ago

I saw them elsewhere but not sure where.... looks like my ss has all the upgrades from that website tho....

#2180 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

My SS is a basketcase and I don't have another to easily compare it to...so I apologize in advance for some lame questions
My globes stopped lighting up and the popbumpers never flashed
Are the bulbs in the globes supposed to be 555's?
And the popbumpers 906's per the manual? Is that really correct?
Thanks!
Bob C

Sld be flashers in the globes also...

#2181 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I got mine from freeplay at the end of October.
Worse case file a paypal claim, but I had no trouble

I emailed Robert Winter and he also suggested Freeplayamusements.com. Just completed my order with Paypal...happy to report what happens from here.

#2182 7 years ago

Just to follow up...I was contacted by Mark at Freeplayamusements.com just now via email. He thanked me for my order and said my kit would be assembled this evening and would be shipping tomorrow. Can't wait to get the Dancing BOOGIEMEN slings going!

I also took the plunge and ordered the ColorDMD LED version for SS today. So I think at this point Scared Stiff is just about complete. (I am thinking of designing and printing a custom back panel decal for the back of the playfield though. Something that ties in with the Dead Heads and the Labatory.)

#2183 7 years ago

My SS is here I'll post more pics later gotta finish the upgrades 1st

Hey if the frogs are hitting the glass sometimes how do I adjust ?

IMG_20161205_205547 (resized).jpgIMG_20161205_205547 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161205_205532 (resized).jpgIMG_20161205_205532 (resized).jpg

#2184 7 years ago

They are supposed to hit the glass i believe.... there's a ajustment under the playfield but it just moves....

#2185 7 years ago

Whats everyone doing for the candle mod? Id like a flickering one?

#2186 7 years ago

Frogs hitting the glass is one of my favorite SS features!

#2187 7 years ago

You can stop it (if you want) by putting those little rubber rings on the metal post.

#2188 7 years ago

Hi All
I'm in the UK and make many mods for SS, my all time favourite machine!
i do two candle mods - one is solid yellow with candles flickering independently,
the other is an RGB where you select pretty much any colour you want the candles to be.
Please check out here www.pinballtoys.co.uk

there's something i'm looking for if any one knows where to get the vinyl backboard graphics?

cheers
Bob

2016-12-06 16.26.19 (resized).jpg2016-12-06 16.26.19 (resized).jpg

#2189 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballtoys:

Hi All
I'm in the UK and make many mods for SS, my all time favourite machine!
i do two candle mods - one is solid yellow with candles flickering independently,
the other is an RGB where you select pretty much any colour you want the candles to be.
Please check out here http://www.pinballtoys.co.uk
there's something i'm looking for if any one knows where to get the vinyl backboard graphics?
cheers
Bob

Wow some nice neat stuff . Crazy that the skull pile mod is cheaper than the regular candle one? So much more to the skull pile compared to candles?

#2190 7 years ago

Thanks...cool stuff there!

#2191 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballtoys:

You can get backboard graphics and target decals from Pinball Decals: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/SS_Page.html

#2192 7 years ago

And you've got some neat really mods on your site, I just took a look. I love the simulated lightning kit!

#2193 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow some nice neat stuff . Crazy that the skull pile mod is cheaper than the regular candle one? So much more to the skull pile compared to candles?

well the eyes are really just a dozen LEDs and some Molex connectors. The candle mod however has a small circuit board to convert the GI to DC power, a circuit board that creates the flickering, then there was the custom mould i made to create moulded candles that are realistic and fit the skull pile aperture nicely.
cheers Bob

#2194 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

You can get backboard graphics and target decals from Pinball Decals: http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/SS_Page.html

Thanks, that's exactly what i'm after. Will contact them but fear the postage will double or triple the item price!

Although i do like the plexiglass one at $300 odd

bob

#2195 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballtoys:

well the eyes are really just a dozen LEDs and some Molex connectors. The candle mod however has a small circuit board to convert the GI to DC power, a circuit board that creates the flickering, then there was the custom mould i made to create moulded candles that are realistic and fit the skull pile aperture nicely.
cheers Bob

O wow very nice.... will be ordering a bunch here soon ....thanks for the info. Also treasure cove makes the backboard decal your looking for...

#2197 7 years ago

Thanks, that exactly the design i was looking for to compliment the lightning strike theme, will contact them
cheers
Bob

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballtoys:

Thanks, that exactly the design i was looking for to compliment the lightning strike theme, will contact them
cheers
Bob

I figured as it really ties in all the plastics ....

#2199 7 years ago

Pic of backboard 20161127_143517 (resized).jpg20161127_143517 (resized).jpg

#2200 7 years ago

Better yet!

69810574f1909dd375172fa7bf760ac0c134eaa9 (resized).jpg69810574f1909dd375172fa7bf760ac0c134eaa9 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

£ 38.00
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 249.00
£ 39.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/44?hl=flato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.