Topic Stats

• 3,665 posts
  • 392 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Honch
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,267 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0384 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0385 (resized).jpeg
20200722_192834 (resized).jpg
7947A0CE-ECB5-43E3-9DBB-A7DDBB38FAED (resized).jpeg
20200701_165150 (resized).jpg
20200701_165145 (resized).jpg
20200701_165135 (resized).jpg
IMG-1240 (resized).jpg
IMG-1239 (resized).jpg
IMG-1238 (resized).jpg
IMG-7269 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG
IMG-1237 (resized).jpg
IMG-1236 (resized).jpg
IMG-1235 (resized).jpg

There are 3665 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 74.
#152 7 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

spfxted: Just thought I would let you know that I have my name permanently in the attract mode... YAY! I was mates with Cameron Silver back in the 90s when he made this game

That is cool.

#153 7 years ago

How do ya do it??

#154 7 years ago

Love the club!

My SS suffered a problem last night....the metal flap/tensioner above the spider hole cracked. so the flap doesn't close, so the ball keeps falling back into the spider hole.

I also noticed the spider hole stopped activating the wheel...I'm assuming this is all related.

I ordered the flap from Pinbits last night....looks like I need to pull the whole ramp out....

It's always something

#155 7 years ago

Has anyone else forgot about the leapers when playing with the glass off? I had to laugh when the first one flew into the air.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Has anyone else forgot about the leapers when playing with the glass off? I had to laugh when the first one flew into the air.

Why are you playing with the glass off?

#157 7 years ago

just checking the orbit switch that controls monsters lab access, I thought it wasnt registering, but the ball just needs a little speed across the top.

ordered the Freeplayamusements Boogiemen/LED combo, can't wait to install those.
Also noticed I'm running gamerom 1.2, might look into updating.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

YES! Testing the game and that sucker flew up and beaned me! Oh poo!!

#159 7 years ago

I'm checking out a Scared Stiff t shirt on Ebay!

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

There are rubber tips that go on the rods below the PF to prevent that from happening.

#161 7 years ago

They just came in the mail!

#162 7 years ago

Was there ever a repro Spider for Scared Stiff?

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Yeah, when my son and i were checking out that flap we were playing around with the glass off...he shot one of the frogs into the air...he was shocked, it was pretty funny...

#164 7 years ago

One of the best Pinball Gotcha's out there!

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was there ever a repro Spider for Scared Stiff?

Not that I've ever seen.

#166 7 years ago

Thanks Rob!
Let's get these Repro Guys on it!

#167 7 years ago

I'm gonna have some real interesting Scared Stiff info coming soooon!

#168 7 years ago

I have a nice one that will be going to Enid's in Brooklyn in a week
or two. Putting cliffy's on it or sure.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm gonna have some real interesting Scared Stiff info coming soooon!

o_O Beans....spill 'em!

#170 7 years ago

Should be ready by next week...

#172 7 years ago

Silver posts around crate - I like em!

IMG_6958.JPG

#173 7 years ago

They are nice, but I like the red and yellow as well....

1 week later
#175 7 years ago

That must be the humanitarian in you, Ted. Always trying to help someone join the club.

#176 7 years ago

Hey can I join too? I have one of the few original prototype games they made.

Different artwork on the playfield, apron, and cabinet. Had all glow bones from the factory as well as the eyeball shooter! Version 1.1 Rom in it as well, I've never changed it.

I HAVE added the dancing boogiemen kit, my own colored LED skull pile light set as well as flickering candle lamps.

If I remember correctly it has a serial number in the mid teens as well.

One more of the "core" collection that I hope I'll never have to sell.

Vinny

#177 7 years ago

Hey Vinny!...let's see some pix..
And, yes, Honch, I always try to help...heh...heh...heh

#179 7 years ago

Hey people! We did an interview with Dennis Nordman and are transcribing it now. I'll let you all know when to expect it on PINBALL411.com....lots of fun stuff about Elvira, Scared Stiff, Party Monsters, behind the scenes stories and photos!

scarjo_popcorn.gif

1 week later
#180 7 years ago

Question on spider wheel. Does the icons or iserts also light as the spider spins (like lightes rotates with spider) or does just the spider spin? As only my spider spins and its hard to stop it where you want it with no lights going around also.

#181 7 years ago

anyone find a spider pointer yet? Robert?

#182 7 years ago

i got a new spider pointer back in the summer.... maybe i will get around to putting it in sometime soon.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from ebjimmyg:

i got a new spider pointer back in the summer.... maybe i will get around to putting it in sometime soon.

I mean for sale lol

#184 7 years ago

There's a spider pointer for sale on E-bay right now, or at least there was.

Ahhh.. there it is:

ebay.com link » Scared Stiff Back Box Pointer New Last One In Stock

#185 7 years ago

Wannabe stiffy member here. Trying to wait patiently for a good one to pop on in the NJ PA area. Congrats to all of Scared Stiff owners.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Question on spider wheel. Does the icons or iserts also light as the spider spins (like lightes rotates with spider) or does just the spider spin? As only my spider spins and its hard to stop it where you want it with no lights going around also.

Bumb my question got derailed!!

#187 7 years ago

Wise Guy, I don't recall the lights spinning with the spider on any SS I've played before. Seems to me the spider spins and the inserts it lands on lights, and that's it. It would have been cool to have the inserts light with the spider spins.

Note that I haven't played my SS since July, as I tore it apart for a major refurbishing. Hopefully I'll have it done soon, but for now I can't check and can only go by memory, which is not always 100%.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wise Guy, I don't recall the lights spinning with the spider on any SS I've played before.

I believe they do in attract mode but, not during play.

#189 7 years ago

Finally joined the club. Cannot believe the quality of a nineties Williams/Bally vs the Sterns I have now. It just feels more solid than anything I have owned before. My SS is fully modded with new ramps with a few wear spots especially the drop point of the ramps. Thinking about doing a playfield swap but A bit scared I will never get it back together.

Great game, sound, and Elvira I did not expect to be as big a sex symbol as she is. Sounds hot is hot, best call outs yet.

Really think my SS may be worthy a full restore someday.

#190 7 years ago

i got mine with the spider attached, that is the piece i really needed.... has a plastic round flat spider on it. and the lights should light up in attract mode like the previous post said.... going to have to look when i get home now

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

There's a spider pointer for sale on E-bay right now, or at least there was.

Ahhh.. there it is:

yeah I contacted that guy, but he wants $125 plus shipping for it

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

yeah I contacted that guy, but he wants $125 plus shipping for it

Ah, sorry. I saw he had a $25 opening bid on it, but I missed the reserve. That must be $125 then. Bummer, pretty pricey.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Ah, sorry. I saw he had a $25 opening bid on it, but I missed the reserve. That must be $125 then. Bummer, pretty pricey.

Yeah especially when little shop of games usually sells them for $22 LOL. Thanks for the heads up though.

#194 7 years ago

Yes, in attract mode as the Spider spins, the lights come on as the point passes them. As you collect them, they stay on.
...ALSO...there is STILL a SS for sale here ($4,700 OBO)...somebody please jump on it! It has all the mods...

1 week later
#195 7 years ago

Did anyone here get the Ebay Scared Stiff for $4,400??

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, in attract mode as the Spider spins, the lights come on as the point passes them. As you collect them, they stay on.
...ALSO...there is STILL a SS for sale here ($4,700 OBO)...somebody please jump on it! It has all the mods...

I'm working on a sale, and if it goes through, and if jtimmons still has it, I'll be looking to put in a serious offer.

2 weeks later
#197 7 years ago

Hello members! Just joined the Scared Stiff members club yesterday, such a fun game!

I have a question though, can someone get a clear pic of the gate next to the dead heads for me please? Trying to find out if this is right... when the ball goes into the orbit from the left and flys to the right, it will hit this gate and immediately fly backwards. I'm thinking its supposed to go all the way around, right?

It sits in that half up position all the time and I can't find a clear shot anywhere. Don't think it is supposed to do that, but a clear pic on someone elses will give me a good idea as far as how this really needs to sit.

Thanks!

299068_10151633571858677_922452806_n.jpg

#198 7 years ago

I am a club member! Love this pin!! The only thing I hate about it is I only have room for 2 pins, and I don't foresee myself ever wanting to part with it, so my pin collection will be quite stale

2 weeks later
#199 7 years ago

Mistress of the dark dressed in black. Just need to find this shooter http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/tech/shooter.html

image.jpg

#200 7 years ago

I have one. It's at 2 Bits, but not for long.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
There are 3665 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 74.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside