Topic Stats

• 3,484 posts
  • 373 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by BuckNaked
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,193 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dog2 (resized).jpg
20191116_132646 (resized).jpg
20191116_105557 (resized).jpg
20190911_161238 (resized).jpg
20190911_161230 (resized).jpg
20190911_161240 (resized).jpg
pinball speaker bat (resized).jpg
pinball speaker bats (resized).jpg
20191111_195946 (resized).jpg
CFD3E0C2-1471-4D22-9645-830E91D911F7 (resized).jpeg
20191109_111224 (resized).jpg
20191109_110309 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191108_141342 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191108_143146 (resized).jpg
20191108_170800 (resized).jpg
20191108_170824 (resized).jpg

There are 3484 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 70.
#1701 4 years ago

neverahighscore, nice work! Did you custom weather the flipper bats and other bones? Same for the beast? They look really great compared to the standard white plastic.

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Tommy:

neverahighscore, nice work! Did you custom weather the flipper bats and other bones? Same for the beast? They look really great compared to the standard white plastic.

Can't take the credit for those. I had to replace the old bats and inlane guides(which were white) because of cracks and chips. Pinball Life set me up for the replacements. Much better looking!

SCARED STIFF FINAL (56).JPG

#1703 4 years ago

Don't ya just love the Gory Eyeballs Mod?

#1704 4 years ago

Has anyone added the OCD board to their SS? I have some LED bulbs that are ghosting even with the GBuster LED's in. Just looking to make mine look nicer.

chris

#1705 4 years ago

Well, after a couple weeks of evenings, I'm this far on the new pf. A few more days to get the rest of wiring back on and then I can finish the top side and add all the mods I've collected up. I'm getting excited now

20150312_230314-1.jpg 20150312_225836-1.jpg
#1706 4 years ago

sweet! enjoy.

#1707 4 years ago

Have one floating eye shooter rod left if anyone is looking.

#1708 4 years ago

Been having problems with the Spider Hole kick-out not making it to the upper ramp. I've replaced everything on the mechanism itself including the weldement at this point. I've tried aligning it from the bottom, but it seems real touchy. If I push the ramp to the right just a little it makes it every time. I don't see any easy way to hold the ramp in that location. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from scootie:

Been having problems with the Spider Hole kick-out not making it to the upper ramp. I've replaced everything on the mechanism itself including the weldement at this point. I've tried aligning it from the bottom, but it seems real touchy. If I push the ramp to the right just a little it makes it every time. I don't see any easy way to hold the ramp in that location. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Maybe you should adjust the ball popper.... Just a thought....

#1710 4 years ago

I think this is the best mod ever. It looks so good.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3573

Its a bit expensive but worth it.

It took me 10 minutes to install. Took me longer to ensure it was centered on the top of the cab.

chris

IMG_4535.JPG
#1711 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Has anyone added the OCD board to their SS? I have some LED bulbs that are ghosting even with the GBuster LED's in. Just looking to make mine look nicer.
chris

Scarred Stiff seems to be extra sensitive to LEDs. Popped both a GI and LED OCD board in mine and it fixed all the flickering ghosting mess. Well worth the investment. I use them in all my games.

#1712 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

think this is the best mod ever. It looks so good.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3573
Its a bit expensive but worth it.
It took me 10 minutes to install. Took me longer to ensure it was centered on the top of the cab.
chris

I like your taste! And your right, It took more time to center than to connect.

SCARED STIFF FINAL (80).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (86).JPG

#1713 4 years ago

I just bought a pretty Scared Stiff a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying her!

A technical issue has creeped up and I'm hoping someone has come across this before. After a couple of hits, the crate will allow a ball to enter, but won't start crate multiball. You can continuously drive balls into the crate, but it never starts crate multiball.

I tried adjusting the Eddy sensor for the crate, by backing off the potentiometer all the way, bringing it back to when the LED is illuminated, and then backing it off again until the LED goes off. I waved a pinball near the sensor and the LED illuminates.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

#1714 4 years ago

I think there are switches to count the balls underneath. I don't believe the eddy sensor is there to determine multiball. I'd check the switches especially since you keep dropping balls and they are not registering.

#1715 4 years ago

Issue solved. It wasn't the Eddy sensor. One of the wires had broken off one of the optos in the ball trough. Re-soldered, and she's having multiple jackpots again!

Thanks neverahighscore!

#1716 4 years ago

The worlds ok when she's having multiple jackpots!!!

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Can't take the credit for those. I had to replace the old bats and inlane guides(which were white) because of cracks and chips. Pinball Life set me up for the replacements. Much better looking!
SCARED STIFF FINAL (56).JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Wow. Your game looks really great!

Are those flame polished ramps?

#1718 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Scarred Stiff seems to be extra sensitive to LEDs. Popped both a GI and LED OCD board in mine and it fixed all the flickering ghosting mess. Well worth the investment. I use them in all my games.

Yeah I was lucky. Mine cleaned up with ghost busting LEDs

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Yeah I was lucky. Mine cleaned up with ghost busting LEDs

It's actually worth installing the LEDocd board even if you're not seeing ghosting issues. Really helps smooth out the light show on the inserts. Without the board the LEDs just flick on and off and don't really fade the way incadensence that were originally designed for the game do. If you haven't seen a before and after it's pretty eye opening how much it really improves the look of the game in action.

#1720 4 years ago

Anyone ever buy from out of the country? How hard is the electric conversion?

ebay.com link

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anyone ever buy from out of the country? How hard is the electric conversion?
ebay.com link

That actually looks pretty nice and the seller has a decent rating. Wonder what it'll end up at.

#1722 4 years ago

Yeah! It's at $2,600!...and the guy said he could get it to a port in NY for $400!

#1723 4 years ago

Did you get it??

Also, a lot of Scared Stiff stuff on Ebay right now...

ebay.com link » Scared Stiff Slingshot Plastics New 31 2568

#1724 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How hard is the electric conversion?

Not hard at all, it's just a matter of moving a few wires on the transformer plug.

#1725 4 years ago

Happy Easter

elvira easter.jpg
#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Happy Easter

elvira easter.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks man. ... I'll PM you my home address so you can send me this Easter Basket!

#1727 4 years ago

Rio??...I'll bring her myself!

#1728 4 years ago

I truly miss incandescence I had before my SS was restored and switched to led at least in the GI. The red globe prior effect is truly missing with led.

#1729 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Rio??...I'll bring her myself!

Wow, I appreciate.... My only concern is that the contents of the basket arrive undamaged!!!!

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, I appreciate.... My only concern is that the contents of the basket arrive undamaged!!!!

Ship it legs on.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Ship it legs on.

Man... since I can't see on the picture the bottom of the basket, I could almost swear she's sitting inside of it... Now I think I'm gonna have unpleasant dreams....

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Man... since I can't see on the picture the bottom of the basket, I could almost swear she's sitting inside of it... Now I think I'm gonna have unpleasant dreams....

Avoid the movie Boxing Helena then. :p

#1733 4 years ago

New mod.... can you find it?

20150405_110712.jpg

#1734 4 years ago

jewel at the bottom of ramp?

#1735 4 years ago

Yeah..... that's Elvira's ring!!!

20150405_110624.jpg

1 week later
#1736 4 years ago

Some of my extra Scared Stiff Stuff on Ebay...

ebay.com link

#1737 4 years ago

You guys with the restored games make me jealous. Mine plays great, but could look a good deal better. I have a playfield, but no time for the swap. I've even considered trying to find a restored one to upgrade to.

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Avoid the movie Boxing Helena then. :p

Just downloaded.... I guess this one could be easily hosted by the Mistress of the Dark herself!

2 weeks later
#1739 4 years ago

Hey guys,

First, I have read this entire link and you all have some very nice pins!
I have had my SS for a few years now and I would like to add some LEDs. I think from what I have read I plan to purchase them from Comet. I have seen several completely LED out examples. I have not been able to find any info on what was used. I have not added LED to any of pins thus far so this will be my first.

Would anyone be able to share the types they used and maybe include a pic or two?

I appreciate your help and suggestions.

#1740 4 years ago

Good luck with that. I think LED's look great on Scared Stiff...

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from bax:

I have not added LED to any of pins thus far so this will be my first.
Would anyone be able to share the types they used and maybe include a pic or two?
I appreciate your help and suggestions.

I used Cointakers on mine and it came out excellent! I have some pics in this thread as others do with LED's installed. Lots of options for color choices on this title. Good luck!

#1742 4 years ago

Thanks. I did see yours. It looks very nice. Did you use soft white on the GI?

#1743 4 years ago

Gi's are a mix of colors and bright white/soft white. This is really a matter of personal taste. You're going to have to experiment to see what you like.

#1744 4 years ago

Well, I'm finally done bringing mine back from the dead, thought I'd post a finished pic. I could add some more stuff, but for a first total rebuild I'm pretty darn happy, so I might just leave it be for a while the spider wheel is a little glitchy, haven't figured that out yet.

20150430_220607_014_01.jpg
#1745 4 years ago

Well done! Very nice looking lighting as well.

I think I am going to buy a LED starter kit from Comet and several specific colors and experiment a bit.

#1746 4 years ago

Originally I bought a kit from someone on eBay, but it wasn't complete, I didn't care for some of the colors, and a bunch burned out in the first week. So I got individuals from pinballbulbs.com. They're really nice.

1 week later
#1747 4 years ago

Just picked up a nice Scared Stiff!! It is missing a plastic right behind Elvira's head on the backglass. Does anyone have one I can buy or know where I can find one?

#1748 4 years ago
image.jpg
#1749 4 years ago

Hey fellow Stiffs!
This is actually a follow up similar to bax's post about two weeks ago.

I'm also getting ready to transition to LEDs, and there is such a huge selection of colors and styles. So please let us know your thoughts and experiences, curious as to what you all think looks best with all the artwork.

1) GI on playfield : cool white LEDs under blue electric pattern plastics (along edges) and warm whites everywhere else? Or actual blue LEDs under the blue plastics? Green LEDs near flippers to jive with the green ooze, or is that overkill?

2) Blackbox : Warm whites (frosted) behind Elvira, cool whites everywhere else? How about spider wheel inserts, do you color match each insert? Anyone try just white LEDs behind the spider wheel options ?

3) Playfield inserts, etc. Color match each insert plastic or are white LEDs enough?
I found this which has some great ideas for the colors.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-ledsa-few-s
Check the post from Wise_Guy

What do you think?

4) Stiff-o-Meter : color match yellows and reds, or warm whites under all levels?

4) Did you also replace the flashers with LEDs?

I love the idea of transitioning to led, but at the same time I would hate to loose that warm feel that regular bulbs bring to the artwork.

If you have a chance, can you post pics of your lit Playfields? It would be cool to compare and to see how each of you set up the colors. I plan on doing it by hand and not getting one of these pre-built led kits.

I also plan on adding herg's ocd boards for both GI and Playfield LEDs.

Thanks guys!

#1750 4 years ago

I'm not a big fan of color matched GI, so I kept mine warm white all over.

Also warm white GI in the backbox other than a blinker behind the candle and a dual flex color changer behind the TV.

Spider wheel is mostly warm, but cool behind the lab and crystal balls.

Mostly color matched inserts. The Stiff-o-Meter, is color matched, but I sampled a bunch of different bulbs to get different shades of white, yellow, and orange so that there are really only a max of two inserts of any single color.

With the fancy flasher effects LEDs look pretty bad in them, so I left the incandescent.

I also use OCD boards.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 3484 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 70.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside