Topic Stats

• 3,424 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,169 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ss group 2 (resized).JPG
ss group 4 (resized).JPG
ss group 1 (resized).JPG
IMG-7268 (resized).JPG
Scared02.jpg
Scared01.jpg
B0C42F3C-AE70-41E8-BEB1-DC8D5757A311 (resized).jpeg
_20191013_215538 (resized).JPG
DB76B649-4862-4E51-AA7A-AA8ECD215D25 (resized).jpeg
IMG-7265 (resized).JPG
IMG-7266 (resized).JPG
IMG-7264 (resized).JPG
ss bat speaker things (resized).JPG
IMG-7248 (resized).JPG
IMG-7246 (resized).JPG
IMG-7247 (resized).JPG

There are 3424 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 69.
#1651 4 years ago

Well, it's finally time. I'm going to sell my Scared Stiff. I sold all my machines and this is the last to go.
I have something I'm looking to get and want to be ready with the cash.
This is one of the nicest Scared Stiff machines I've seen...and I've had three.

No to little fade on cab. Plays great. Playfield great. Backglass great.
It was owned by a Jersey Jack employee and well taken care of.

I paid over $6k and you can see what I have into it (over $7k)
by the list of mods below.

If you are serious, please PM me with your email address and I'll send around 40 pix.
I'd like to get $6.9K or feel free to make a reasonable offer.
Yes, you can come see it in person and play.
If you want it shipped, please arrange that.

If you want to chat about it, PM and I'll send my phone number.
Please be patient if I don't get back to you immd as I have a busy
schedule of meetings...(ok...food, drink and cigar stuff)

Invisiglass
Dancing Boogies
LED Candle Mod
Flickering Candle Mod
Plasma lab Mod
FULL set of Cliffys
Gory Eyeball Interactive Mod
Spider Hole Glow Mod
Custom Gory Eye Shooter
LED's
LED Under and Back of Cab Interactive Lighting
Custom Remote Control Topper (Elvira in Crate)
Powercoat legs, bolts and lockbar
Custom LED flicker and fade in and out bulbs in backglass
(on candle and TV)
Goodie bag with Manual & Modesty Sticker
No or little fade on cab.
No hole under Crate. (protedted by mylar. worn spot on mylar)
8x10 glossy photo of Elvira with Scared Stiff pin
I know I'm forgetting other goodies...

#1652 4 years ago

SELLOUT!

#1653 4 years ago

lol...oh, I'll get another down the road...

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I sold all my machines and this is the last to go. I have something I'm looking to get and want to be ready with the cash.

Most of us have other interests or hobbies as well. I've thought about selling my BBB pinball (I'd stiill have 15 pins) and my 1964 Fender Stratocaster (I'd still have 8 electric guitars, including 4 newer Strats) in order to buy another car (I already have 3 Mustangs and a Camaro ZL1). But I can't bring myself to sacrifice one hobby for another.

#1655 4 years ago

I know, it's tough. But besides the other thing I'm looking to get, I have a friend with a Scared Stiff that I can pick up anytime. shhhhh!

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Well, it's finally time. I'm going to sell my Scared Stiff.

Ted, that's crazy talk, with you being the Godfather of this thread and all!! GLWS.

Quoted from spfxted:

I have a friend with a Scared Stiff that I can pick up anytime. shhhhh!

I knew you had an angle on this.

Buyers, buy with confidence.

#1657 4 years ago

Love my great game all around

#1658 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I knew you had an angle on this.

Hah! You know I'd never be without my girl for long!

#1659 4 years ago

Hi,

Possibly looking at joining the club and would like some pointers on what to look for (wear spots) if some of you don't mind sharing?

I have seen pictures of the unit and it sort of looks ok - the spider hole looks a bit worn (looks very minor) as does the dead heads one, but pictures can be deceiving. The clear ramps are not very 'clear' any more so that leads me to believe that this unit was well played.

I fully expect that this unit will need a tear down and clean-up/rebuild but since I have only played this game owned by other collectors I don't really know the 'trouble spots' that I should be looking at/for on one that was probably played more than it was looked after (I noticed it is a bit different owning vs playing).

Many thanks,
Tim

#1660 4 years ago

If it helps anyone, I'm currently trying to save a pretty beat up playfield, and I've found that Americana calico red acrylic is almost a perfect match. I realize more durable paints are preferred, by after Mylar I don't think it's going to lift if I do it right.

20150210_223343.jpg
#1661 4 years ago

Wow! That looks pretty close!

#1662 4 years ago

In person it looks spot on. This game's been through the mill, if I hadn't picked it up a month ago, I'd be driving down for yours Ted! Although it's a lot of fun to bring something back from the grave.

#1663 4 years ago

Did you find the calico red at a big box store or hobby shop or some place else? Does it come in one of those nice little 1/2 oz bottles? The red I used is just a little bit darker and looks like it has a shadow over it. This looks perfect.

Scott.

#1664 4 years ago

Looks good! I've got some touch up I need to do and this is a big help. Thanks.

#1665 4 years ago

Amazon. I searched the actual color name and it popped up. They're 2oz bottles, 3 or 4 bucks, but they're add on items with a $25 order. I just grabbed some dog toys to break $25, so now I while I paint can enjoy the soothing sounds of a squeaky fuzzy bear for hours and hours LOL

#1666 4 years ago

Update, calico is still too orange after it's dry and polished. I'm trying berry now, I'll let you know what happens...

#1667 4 years ago

Last update on this subject, none of these acrylics match close enough to work. I suppose that would be too easy. Oh well, onward and upward.

#1668 4 years ago

You've got to custom mix your colors, it's super rare for anything straight from the bottle to be a perfect match.

My crowning color mixing achievement was nailing the lavender for EATPM, you can't see the transition from where I did new coloring and the original I left, it's dead on. I've seen lots of nice restores that missed that match, so I was stoked.

#1669 4 years ago

I can see the reward there, it's not easy to "see" the color. For me, it's a well worn machine, I've collected up everything new for it now, but someone pulled the crate Mylar off so all those inserts came off too. Since I'm a better mechanic than artist, I took the cowards way out and ordered a playfield. Better to stick to what I'm good at than ruin it. Once I'm done I'll probably list the old field on here free to good home. Someone with better art skills can likely save it.

#1670 4 years ago

I've got my self an EatPM and a SS... How do I join this club?

#1671 4 years ago

You are IN!!

#1672 4 years ago

Wow, that was easy!!!!!B9UVMrpIAAAN0lr.jpgB9UULfOIQAA8XXG.jpg

#1673 4 years ago

Love that painted coin door!

#1674 4 years ago

Was just gonna say that!

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, that was easy!!!!!

B9UVMrpIAAAN0lr.jpg 74 KB
B9UULfOIQAA8XXG.jpg 84 KB

awesome.

#1676 4 years ago

Thanks guys..... here's an early shot of it!541168_115254341945148_1502532672_n.jpg

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks guys..... here's an early shot of it!
</blockquote

Very nice!

#1678 4 years ago

Finally got around to shopping out my SS and GnR that I finished last weekend. Here is a few pics. I'm loving the ColorDMD in this tittle. First ColorDMD and I'm impressed however its a tad expensive. Super easy to install.

Scared Stiff -.jpg Scared Stiff - ColorDMD.jpg Scared Stiff - Left.jpg Scared Stiff - Playfield.jpg Scared Stiff and Guns N Roses.jpg
#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Finally got around to shopping out my SS and GnR that I finished last weekend. Here is a few pics. I'm loving the ColorDMD in this tittle. First ColorDMD and I'm impressed however its a tad expensive. Super easy to install.

Scared Stiff -.jpg 116 KB

Scared Stiff - ColorDMD.jpg 132 KB

Scared Stiff - Playfield.jpg 133 KB

Scared Stiff - Left.jpg 125 KB

Scared Stiff and Guns N Roses.jp... 111 KB

Wow!!! I gotta get those colour dmd's.....

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow!!! I gotta get those colour dmd's...

I agree, I just think they're a lil pricey.

#1682 4 years ago

I thought so too, but someone said after you sell the existing display for $150 it's not so bad.

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought so too, but someone said after you sell the existing display for $150 it's not so bad.

Normally I would keep something like that as a spare, but if someones willing to shell out 150 beans for it, I would sell it.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I agree, I just think they're a lil pricey.

Sooooo worth it. I can't imagine my Scared Stiff going back to orange now.

#1685 4 years ago

Though I understand this club was originally conceived to share info and facts about SS exclusively, I'd just like to share with all the link to my pinballowners page: http://www.pinballowners.com/amendes

Does anyone also has a pinballowners page?

#1687 4 years ago

I like the new version of my ColorDMD (here in Hires):

P1060563.JPG

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sooooo worth it. I can't imagine my Scared Stiff going back to orange now.

It looks like it. I actually have the red DMD cover on mine, which I always felt suited the theme very well.

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone also has a pinballowners page?

Yeah, but I haven't logged onto mine for 2 or 3 years now. Pinside is my preferred site for pinball.

#1691 4 years ago

Well I'm back in the club! Just finished My SS restoration after 6 months of effort. New cabinet, playfield, plastic set, ramps, speakers/subwoofer, color dmd, chrome package, pdi glass and tons of mods. This is my 2nd SS and I was always sorry for selling it. Hope to hold on to this one for awhile. I always enjoyed this game. Makes me laugh every time I play!

025.JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (53).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (55).JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (57).JPG
014 (2).JPG
017.JPG
022.JPG
SCARED STIFF FINAL (39).JPG

#1692 4 years ago

I would have never thought to chrome out my SS, but now I can't stop thinking about it! Nicely done!

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I would have never thought to chrome out my SS, but now I can't stop thinking about it! Nicely done!

I agree, it looks beautiful.

#1694 4 years ago

You have good taste. Here's mine.
image-515.jpg
image.jpg

#1695 4 years ago

Heads up, we have 3 more floating light up eye ball shooter rods in stock for anyone in need. $70 shipped, just pm me if interested. =)

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I agree, it looks beautiful.

Very nice.... also love the mirror blades... for mine I installed blue lightning inside-arts... I'll share some pictures by the weekend!

PS: Could you share the art of those cards?

#1698 4 years ago

Thanks for the great job! When I was searching for cards, I thought yours were the best.-Joe

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Thanks for the great job! When I was searching for cards, I thought yours were the best.-Joe

Happy to share, those are on my Scared Stiff too. It's taking a little vacation at Rarehero's house right now though.

#1700 4 years ago

Yeah, those are awesome..... Thanks man!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sittard
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 3424 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 69.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside