909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 85.
#101 11 years ago

Yeah! I had the TV on the last SS I had. It only played the slides though. Wasn't crazy about it. But actual movie clips...or horror/sci-fi trailers!....er, where do you live.....

#102 11 years ago

Im in

027.JPG027.JPG

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from DennisNordman:

I sold my SS to Robert. After working on a game 10-12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, I'm not too interested in playing pinball at home. Besides, my honey-do list never seems to end. []

I can see how you could be burned out after putting so much time into those pins.

Greg and I would love to design a new Elvira pin...and so would Cassandra. Don't give up yet!
I've seen some people say Elvira is too old to use as a pinball theme. I have to disagree with that because Elvira is a "character."

I've been saying this same thing for years, characters don't age. I also agree with you about Cassandra, she still looks good. BTW, the idea of you and Greg teaming up to do another Elvira, is an AWESOME idea. A third Elvira pin would look pretty sweet in my line up.

Just had an idea...How about a game featuring Elvira and Melony? Wow! What a melonfest! How many would like that? Raise your hands.

If you make a third Elvira pin, I'm in no matter what you mix it up with. I think the best part of the Elvira theme is the versatility. Please, keep us posted if anything new comes up with this idea.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The Flicker IS pretty cool.

Agreed. Wish i hadn't seen yours, now I want to upgrade my upgrade.

#105 11 years ago

Seeing all these eyeball shooters makes me want one...and that TV mod with video is fantastic, love it.

#106 11 years ago

Here's mine. 20121107_203003.jpg20121107_203003.jpg

#107 11 years ago

Ah shoot...damn thing posted sideways. Well, you get the idea.

#108 11 years ago

Nice! I'm still missing an Eyeball Shooter for this machine. Got just about everything else. Anybody got any cool Eyeball Ideas for meeeee?

eye.gifeye.gif

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anybody got any cool Eyeball Ideas for meeeee?

IPB still has the eyeball shooter for sale. Else Pinball Classics may have some custom ones you may like.

#110 11 years ago

I'm in SS is a definite keeper in my collection. It keeps amazing me how popular the game is with women. "Let's go play the titty machine" is something I hear regularly

#111 11 years ago

I agree. It is my wife's favorite as well. I think an article in the next issue on the Elvira machines is in order....just sayin'

#112 11 years ago

got ours about 4 years ago and it quickly became a family favorite. We liked it so much that my wife got me one in collector condition for fathers day and we sold the first.

IMAG1218.jpgIMAG1218.jpg IMAG1229.jpgIMAG1229.jpg

#113 11 years ago

Hey!...that Eyeball looks pretty darn good! Where did you get it??

#114 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree. It is my wife's favorite as well.

When my wife used to play pins (before kids), the ONLY games she would play were EATPM and SS.

#115 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They are actually shift knobs. Robert actually has a write up about them.
http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/tech/shooter.html
Not sure why my first pic came across so blurry and large

#116 11 years ago

BTW, anyone know where I can get a replacement spider pointer? Mine cracked

2012-11-08_10.59.18.jpg2012-11-08_10.59.18.jpg

#117 11 years ago

Check Planetary. They had one at the Allentown Show...

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

They are actually shift knobs. Robert actually has a write up about them.http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/tech/shooter.htmlNot sure why my first pic came across so blurry and large

Are they still available somewhere? The link goes nowhere.
How do you attach it? Rod in and screw down? Thanks!

#119 11 years ago

I just looked around (Google, Ebay, etc) All I could find is those shift knobs with the smeary veins look. I like yours much better.....where ARE they??

spock.gifspock.gif

#121 11 years ago

Thanks dug...but, no...those are the smeary veins I was talking about. Look up at blue's knob. (er, sorry about that!)

#122 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are they still available somewhere?

mine came on the game. Sorry, wish I could be more help

#123 11 years ago

No prob, blue...Hey Robert! Do you know where I can get that shift knob? Hmmmm?

#124 11 years ago

Sorry, that jet-age guy on Ebay was the only source I knew of.

You could always do a skull shooter knob. That's what I did on my EATPM (sorry, don't have a pic)

#125 11 years ago

I was thinking that, but the few I saw for shifters were tilted down when put on a pinball rod. When you put it on a shifter it faces up, but on the machine it faces down. The hole would have to come from the back of the skull, not the bottom.....right?

#126 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

BTW, anyone know where I can get a replacement spider pointer? Mine cracked

Quoted from spfxted:

Check Planetary. They had one at the Allentown Show...

so Planetary does not have any. Any other suggestions?

#127 11 years ago

Little Shop of Games...Out of Stock! Bah!

#128 11 years ago

What is Pinballwizard.com ?

#129 11 years ago

My spider is having a problem also I couldn't figure out how to take it off. Do you need to cut wire tie? and is there a set pin? I have a error and it will not spin. It does spin when u turn on game. The opto is fine the motor is fine I am thinking there is some thing on plastic base of spider that messing with the opto creating a error.

#130 11 years ago

There is a set screw on the back of the pointer. You'll need an allen wrench.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

There is a set screw on the back of the pointer. You'll need an allen wrench.

I will give it another look thx

#132 11 years ago

Just went through removal and errors on mine. It's a pain. The spider is held on by a zip tie if you want to remove it. The pointer is held with a small set screw on the back side of the translite. You have to take one of the adjacent light boards off to get an allen wrench from the side to remove. Then pull off the pointer from the front. Remove the four screws from the back and the opto board pops off.

My issue turned out to be the connector at the MPU. There's a plug with a single wire in it below the normal switch matrix plug that has this opto on it. Mine wasn't seated well.

To test the opto before yanking it, go into test mode and spider test. It will rotate the spider and show you encoder counts of the motor and the state of the opto. If the encoder counts up then your motor and connectors are good. If you see it count up and then don't see the opto change state, it's the opto or connector. Play around with both ends of the connector (spider board and MPU) before yanking it.

#133 11 years ago

Thanks robert...I'm saving your post for future use....

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Been looking a while as well - don't want the cheap floaty one!

#135 11 years ago

Same...I was debating getting the floating eyeball, but want to stick with something more like the sample game shooter.
I have to say though, the red iris shooter on Bluevegas' machine looks great, I'd jump on that if I found one.

#136 11 years ago

Yeah, I looked all over. Can't find that exact one. All of them now have that smeary vein thing. If anyone finds the Good Ones, please let us know. I WANT IT!

eyeballs_on_slinky_springs.gifeyeballs_on_slinky_springs.gif

#137 11 years ago

If any 'club' members have a pair of boney flippers they could part with, I need some. The deal I had for a pair vanished.

#138 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Just went through removal and errors on mine. It's a pain. The spider is held on by a zip tie if you want to remove it. The pointer is held with a small set screw on the back side of the translite. You have to take one of the adjacent light boards off to get an allen wrench from the side to remove. Then pull off the pointer from the front. Remove the four screws from the back and the opto board pops off.
My issue turned out to be the connector at the MPU. There's a plug with a single wire in it below the normal switch matrix plug that has this opto on it. Mine wasn't seated well.
To test the opto before yanking it, go into test mode and spider test. It will rotate the spider and show you encoder counts of the motor and the state of the opto. If the encoder counts up then your motor and connectors are good. If you see it count up and then don't see the opto change state, it's the opto or connector. Play around with both ends of the connector (spider board and MPU) before yanking it.

Thank you this is a huge help!

#139 11 years ago

Rob,

I just purchased a pair on Ebay for 35 bucks, he has advised he has more and will be listing them. Arrived in two days, perfect shape.

cheers,

rody

#140 11 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Rob,
I just purchased a pair on Ebay for 35 bucks, he has advised he has more and will be listing them. Arrived in two days, perfect shape.
cheers,
rody

rody....thanks....could you PM the ebay link to the completed auction? Or the seller's info?

#141 11 years ago

Anyone know where I can get the dancing boogie men mod?

#142 11 years ago

I *used* to sell them. Now I only sell the Skull Pile LED kits.

Not sure if FreePlay still sells them - http://freeplayamusements.com/boogie.htm

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been looking a while as well - don't want the cheap floaty one!

Actually, the "cheap floaty one" is the kind that Dennis originally had in mind for the game.

#144 11 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I *used* to sell them. Now I only sell the Skull Pile LED kits.
Not sure if FreePlay still sells them - http://freeplayamusements.com/boogie.htm

thanks

#145 11 years ago

Yes Wise Guy. That's where I got mine. I went for the combo. Nice quality...look great!

#146 11 years ago

Attention Fellow Stiffs:

It was graciously suggested to me by the SS Members-Only Club President ( ) that I bring your attention to this SS TECH thread of mine:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-ss-scared-stiff-spider-wheel-stops-on-its-own-wo-pressing-the-flippers#post-490800

Thanks all...carry on.

#147 11 years ago

I desperately want to be in this club. That is all.

#148 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

If any 'club' members have a pair of boney flippers they could part with, I need some. The deal I had for a pair vanished.

I bought an extra pair from Gene Cunningham during Expo last month. He should have more. I think he also sells the glow in the dark boney ramp bones. Check or call IPB: www.illinoispinball.com

#149 11 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I bought an extra pair from Gene Cunningham during Expo last month. He should have more. I think he also sells the glow in the dark boney ramp bones. Check or call IPB: http://www.illinoispinball.com

Thanks....I had heard that he had some and contacted IPB, but alas they never returned my correspondence. As of now, a kind member of pinside had an extra set that's on its way

#150 11 years ago

spfxted: Just thought I would let you know that I have my name permanently in the attract mode... YAY! I was mates with Cameron Silver back in the 90s when he made this game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 49.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 39.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 249.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.