909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 85.
#1401 9 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Anyone know where i can get a color dmd for SS? Seems like everyone is out. Thanks!

Just buy the standard Sigma display from Colordmd.com which looks to be in stock. You can install the SS file into it with a USB stick.

#1402 9 years ago

Mine, at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo ...

2014-06-20 22.49.50_1024.png2014-06-20 22.49.50_1024.png

#1403 9 years ago

Before my wife gets all the props for painting the coin door, remember, I installed it. Ok....it's obvious where the talent resides in my family.

image-666.jpgimage-666.jpg

#1404 9 years ago

way cool the front of mine still needs some work but it's getting there. just got done installing the rest of my powder coated parts

image-450.jpgimage-450.jpg image-636.jpgimage-636.jpg image-560.jpgimage-560.jpg
#1405 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Before my wife gets all the props for painting the coin door, remember, I installed it.

Darn! How are you going to adjust the volume now that the door says you are not allowed to open it?

#1406 9 years ago

Remember the guy who had those cool laser cut button protectors? I could use some for SS.....

#1407 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Darn! How are you going to adjust the volume now that the door says you are not allowed to open it?

I just wait for Elivira to say "I'll get it up". She means the volume control right???

#1408 9 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Just buy the standard Sigma display from Colordmd.com which looks to be in stock. You can install the SS file into it with a USB stick.

Thanks. Ordered and on the way. Cant wait to see the difference.

#1409 9 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Before my wife gets all the props for painting the coin door, remember, I installed it. Ok....it's obvious where the talent resides in my family.

No doubt! That looks awesome. I wish I could draw or paint like that.

#1410 9 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

I saw this on eBay. Seems expensive in my opinion.
ebay.com link » Scared Stiff Pinball Crate Mod Multi Color Terrifying Interactive

Got one of these. Really great mod and lights up terrifying insert aswell as crate. Looks super and easy to install.

#1411 9 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Got one of these. Really great mod and lights up terrifying insert aswell as crate. Looks super and easy to install.

I bought one as well a couple of months ago.... Solid mod, looks great, and is a nice addition to my SS. It is worth it.

#1412 9 years ago

Just installed a colordmd on my SS and it is a huge difference. Once you see the color you feel like it was the one thing missing on the machine. Really integrates the display with the backboard & playfield vs looking like a divider between the two due to the single color. Highly recommend putting out the $.

#1413 9 years ago

Any Scared Stiff owners had trouble when two balls end up in the spider hole? Mine won't kick the ball out because the one on top of the other adds enough resistance to hold it back. Only solution is to remove the glass and pull one out by hand. Has anyone seen this problem and figured out how to fix it?

#1414 9 years ago

Rebuild coil and give it a good clean. Mines been fine since doing that. Also check ramps above are seated correctly.

#1415 9 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

Any Scared Stiff owners had trouble when two balls end up in the spider hole? Mine won't kick the ball out because the one on top of the other adds enough resistance to hold it back. Only solution is to remove the glass and pull one out by hand. Has anyone seen this problem and figured out how to fix it?

Are you sure the coil or plunger isn't a little bit loose? Any movement at all will dampen the kick out. Also check the plastic sleeve around the plunger and make sure it isn't broken and moving with the plunger in anyway. That'll definitely sap some of the power.

#1416 9 years ago
Quoted from jchybro:

Just installed a colordmd on my SS and it is a huge difference. Once you see the color you feel like it was the one thing missing on the machine. Really integrates the display with the backboard & playfield vs looking like a divider between the two due to the single color. Highly recommend putting out the $.

Absolutely a must-do upgrade. Makes a great pin almost perfect. I've seen all and played most of the titles with ColorDMD support and SS is in the top two.

#1417 9 years ago

Got my coin door done
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1419 9 years ago

The coin doors look amazing. I also really like the dark red trim.

Can I ask what kind of paint you guys used for the coin doors?

#1420 9 years ago

dammit.......now I have to attempt painting! I just know I am going to screw it up and end up buying a new coin door.....

#1421 9 years ago

...or send the door to dar8...and a check...

#1422 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...or send the door to dar8...and a check...

Thanks for that option. I am great at writing checks...

#1423 9 years ago

I used rust-oleum 2x ultra cover paint+primer gloss winter gray than same brand satin slate blue on top than krylon crystal clear. the eyes were traced on and done with paint pens turned out good for a 55 year old with not much talent

1 week later
#1424 9 years ago

I have a couple of light up floating eyeball shooter rods up for sale if anyone is interested. $70 shipped paypal. Just send me a PM if you want one. Thanks.

eyeballshooter1.jpgeyeballshooter1.jpg

#1425 9 years ago

If anybody wants to trade in their membership in this club, for the Tron (pro club), I have an NIB CLU that could get you in the door! Pm me.

2 weeks later
#1426 9 years ago

I'm in!!!!

Scared Stiff 1.jpgScared Stiff 1.jpg

Scared Stiff Translite - Elvira.jpgScared Stiff Translite - Elvira.jpg

So far I've added LEDs, boney flippers, boney lane guides, new slingshots, dancing boogie men, light-up skull pile, flickering candles (+ flickering backbox candle), a gory eyeball shooter, a new translite that I got signed by Elvira back in June, and probably a couple other odds and ends that I've forgotten.

I plan to add a color DMD and mirror blades by Halloween.

This game was FILTHY when I got it, but it's cleaning up nicely. So stoked. I've wanted a Scared Stiff for a very long time.

#1427 9 years ago

Welcome

#1428 9 years ago

You're going to love the ColorDMD, easily the best upgrade you can make.

#1429 9 years ago

Welcome!
Contact judge dreads and see if he has any more 3 Gory Eyeball Interactive Mods left...

ebay.com link: judge dreads pinball

#1430 9 years ago

This...

ss IMG_2121.JPGss IMG_2121.JPG

#1431 9 years ago

That's a sweet mod!

KingOfTron stopped by last night and snapped some pics of the new game. His camera > my phone.

SH, MP, CFTBL, SS, MB, BSD, T, MB, BZ.JPGSH, MP, CFTBL, SS, MB, BSD, T, MB, BZ.JPG

SS Playfield2.JPGSS Playfield2.JPG

SS Playfield3.JPGSS Playfield3.JPG

SS Playfield4.JPGSS Playfield4.JPG

Scared Stiff Boogie Man.JPGScared Stiff Boogie Man.JPG

SS Elvira Translite HD.JPGSS Elvira Translite HD.JPG

#1432 9 years ago

You know what also looks good? On the backglass TV, put one of those slow fade LED's. It fades in and out of colors and makes a cool effect.

#1433 9 years ago

Awesome machine! Must have played at least 4 straight hours of pinball.

#1434 9 years ago

What bulb you guys using to make the candle on the backglass flicker? I have a color changer in the tv and the candle, but I would buy a yellow flicker bulb if it exists to fit that socket.

#1435 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

What bulb you guys using to make the candle on the backglass flicker? I have a color changer in the tv and the candle, but I would buy a yellow flicker bulb if it exists to fit that socket.

It's part of this kit:

ebay.com link: itm

The bulb doesn't fit in the socket. It runs from the flicker board under the playfield and is velcro'd over the existing socket.

#1436 9 years ago

Aaah. I see. Not sure I can see spending 60 bucks for that flicker effect, worth it?

#1437 9 years ago

That's not what I have. It was just an LED that flickers. I think I got it from Paul D.

#1438 9 years ago

Welcome to the club 30FathomDave. Now be prepared for most everyone in town to ask you if it's for sale.

#1439 9 years ago

Might make an interesting mod....

ebay.com link: itm

#1440 9 years ago

Hi Guys,
Scott here from Australia. I,m almost in. Have a brand new 6 coats clear playfield (sooo glassy) ready now just waiting on a maestro restorer here to start my game hopefully next month. Been waiting 6 months for this and it's killin me.I have been getting some great ideas from here so thanks. I know I won't be official till i finally get it home. Great thread.

#1441 9 years ago

ohhh....you are as good as in, bro. Pull up a chair congrats!

#1442 9 years ago
Quoted from JulesWallet:

Welcome to the club 30FathomDave. Now be prepared for most everyone in town to ask you if it's for sale.

Hahahahaha! I've already had one person hit me up.

I remember the good old days when I was trying to get YOU to sell yours to ME.

My game room has an odd shape that will really only accommodate 5 pins (and 4 vids), but I'm playing a desperate game of arcade/pin Tetris right now to try to squeeze in numero seis.

#1443 9 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I know I won't be official till i finally get it home. Great thread.

Welcome!

elvira our girl.jpgelvira our girl.jpg
#1444 9 years ago

Finally in this club - hey everybody! I do have one question...should I run the spider on attract mode or turn that off (is it good/bad for the motor, etc.)? Thanks

#1445 9 years ago

Welcome! I have mine on...but that's just me....

#1446 9 years ago

It's no worse for the motor than it being used during game play. If you have your game on 24/7, you *may* want to disable it in attract mode. If the game is only on when you play it, I'd leave it enabled.

1 week later
#1447 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Welcome!

elvira our girl.jpg 215 KB

Thanks for the welcome. Wow great pix of Elvira.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-55.jpgimage-55.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Here is the playfield ready to go in. Can't wait for this to arrive.

#1448 9 years ago

Please keep us posted

#1449 9 years ago

hello,

im thomas from germany and i want to be also in the club

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1450 9 years ago

Nice 3 pin lineup there Thomas! I'm not a big Creature fan as far as gameplay, but it sure looks nice with those other two pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 249.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

£ 38.00
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.