909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 85.
#1251 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There is/was a replacement coffin decal (picture of the stiff in the coffin) that lights up when the coffin opens. From what I heard, it isn't very noticeable.

That must be it - thanks.

#1253 10 years ago

That's it! Thanks!

#1254 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Is there a light-up coffin mod? Anyone still selling it? Thanks.

I saw this on eBay. Seems expensive in my opinion.

ebay.com link: Scared Stiff Pinball CRATE Mod Multi Color TERRIFYING INTERACTIVE

#1255 10 years ago

Yes, it does seem expensive! Kind of cool though....

#1256 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, it does seem expensive! Kind of cool though....

Agreed - seems very expensive for what you're getting. Would love to hear from someone who actually has one.

I'm going to pick up the three eyeballs at some point this year. I also need to upgrade the shooter rod to an eyeball (have a plain one right now). Once that's done, other than a black powercoat (which would be great to do some day) - I think I've got all of the upgrades possible (mostly thanks to the last owner who treated the pin like his first born and rebuilt the playfield).

Now I just need to clearcoat the rest of my playfields to match the high standard that's been set by my SS...

#1257 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

I'm going to pick up the three eyeballs at some point this year.

Yes!....my favorite mod, er, after LED Skullpile, Flickering Candles and Boogies...

#1258 10 years ago

Did any of you see Elvira on Counting Cars (season 1, episode 7) from 2012? I'm probably just a little late, but it was a cool car Danny did for her!

#1259 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Did any of you see Elvira on Counting Cars (season 1, episode 7) from 2012? I'm probably just a little late, but it was a cool car Danny did for her!

Cassandra has owned the Macabre Mobile for years. Danny just did a refurb on it.

And to think I had the chance to buy it at one point...

#1260 10 years ago

Hey everyone, maybe a bit off topic from pinball but just came across this... haha how many of you are members? http://elvira.hostedbywebstore.com/Fan-Club/b/4924677011?ie=UTF8&title=Fan+Club
*ahem, Ted?
I was just poking around the web and found that Cassandra has a fan club.
Okay gents, back to modding my SS.!

ps. I'm not a member... yet!

#1261 10 years ago

Hi. Thanks. Yes, I knew about it, but didn't find anything I needed there...yet!

#1262 10 years ago

Sad to report - I left the SS club today. I sent Elvira packing after 8 years.

BTW...have a new friend looking for a really nice one in TX. Referrals are appreciated.

#1263 10 years ago

Anyone have any tips or tricks on the Spider hole to Boney Beast Ramp pop up flap? Some times it pops the very first time and some times it takes like 3 to 4 pops and some times it just doesn't make it. Haven't really look carefully at it yet. Just thought I would start picking peoples heads.
Thanks
Magicchiz

#1264 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Sad to report - I left the SS club today. I sent Elvira packing after 8 years.

No worries....you'll be back!

#1265 10 years ago

Can we join? Brought it home yesterday. Color DMD ordered. Will need to work on mods after cleaning it up. I fell in love with the one in the Elevation Games booth at TPF and the search began! image.jpgimage.jpg

#1267 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

And to think I had the chance to buy it at one point

Would you mind saying what the asking price was on that, Robert?

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from Funone:

Can we join? Brought it home yesterday. Color DMD ordered. Will need to work on mods after cleaning it up. I fell in love with the one in the Elevation Games booth at TPF and the search began!

Welcome ! The real question isn't "can you join", It's, "can you quit"? Doubt it!!

#1270 10 years ago

We are trying to get the spider to spin...grrh! Reading through this thread now....hopefully can get it fixed before the night is out!

#1271 10 years ago

It's fixed! Thanks, Robertmee! Now back to the game...

#1272 10 years ago

just got done redoing new light caps rewired my caps with new led hardware looks awesome!

image-381.jpgimage-381.jpg image-602.jpgimage-602.jpg
#1273 10 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

just got done redoing new light caps rewired my caps with new led hardware looks awesome!

Looks great! Did you do this mod entirely yourself or did you purchase this from pinballlife?

#1274 10 years ago

Bought caps from pbl than put there LEDs in my caps I'll post pics later

#1275 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Anyone have any tips or tricks on the Spider hole to Boney Beast Ramp pop up flap? Some times it pops the very first time and some times it takes like 3 to 4 pops and some times it just doesn't make it. Haven't really look carefully at it yet. Just thought I would start picking peoples heads.
Thanks
Magicchiz

First check to see if your coil sleeve for that mech needs replacing, and clean off the popper link too while you have it apart. Also make sure the popper is hitting the ball in the center and not off to one side.Once that's done you may need to bend the entire mech bracket ever so slightly to get the angle it shoots the ball up correctly if it is still inconsistent but dirty/worn parts in that mech is the likely culprit.

#1276 10 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

Damn straight.

#1277 10 years ago

more pics, feed wires down splice in to GI

image-907.jpgimage-907.jpg image-718.jpgimage-718.jpg image-485.jpgimage-485.jpg
#1278 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Would you mind saying what the asking price was on that, Robert?

$30K, IIRC.

#1279 10 years ago
Quoted from dar8dar:

more pics, feed wires down splice in to GI

image-718.jpg 129 KB

image-485.jpg 119 KB

image-907.jpg 147 KB

Those are sweet, nice looking mod

#1280 10 years ago

I was thinking of getting that Spider Hole 2 color LED mod thingy. Anyone else have it? Worth it?

#1281 10 years ago

WOW! Seems relatively cheap considering it's Elvira's and it's a one of a kind. I don't consider 30K peanuts, but I would have definitely ponied up the cash for that puppy. BTW, thanks for the info.

#1282 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

WOW! Seems relatively cheap considering it's Elvira's and it's a one of a kind. I don't consider 30K peanuts, but I would have definitely ponied up the cash for that puppy. BTW, thanks for the info.

It *was* peanuts. The only thing that stopped me was lacking somewhere to store it, and it was in dire need of restoration. Hence its ultimate visit to The Count.

And really, what would I do with it? I'd look nowhere as cool as Elvira driving around in that thing!

#1283 10 years ago

I'd look nowhere as cool as Elvira driving around in that thing!

Oh, come now!

#1284 10 years ago

Hence its ultimate visit to The Count.

Which was a great show. I Loved what they did to it.

And really, what would I do with it? I'd look nowhere as cool as Elvira driving around in that thing!

Neither would I, but that wouldn't have stopped me.

#1285 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I was thinking of getting that Spider Hole 2 color LED mod thingy. Anyone else have it? Worth it?

Looks cool. Funny that the person has 3 listed on eBay all at different prices.

#1286 10 years ago

Yeah, I was hoping to get one at a decent price....but they sell pretty high...

#1287 10 years ago

I did purchase the dual spider hole interactive mod. It is ok. My only complaint is that the green is on all the time. I wish there was a way for it to go off during the blackout on Scared Stiff. It lights green all the time and then when the ball drops in spider hole it turns red and back to green when the ball is popped out.
magicchiz

#1288 10 years ago

If you really wanted a proper spider hole mod it would be very easy to rig up with a Pig 2. One color normally, another when lit (flashing or pulsing even if you wanted) and would go out with the GI.

I lit mine with a green flex LED just for the heck of it, nothing interactive, but it's tied to the GI so it goes out when things go dark.

#1289 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I lit mine with a green flex LED just for the heck of it, nothing interactive, but it's tied to the GI so it goes out when things go dark.

I did the exact same thing to mine out of spare parts I had lying around and some alligator clips.

#1290 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you really wanted a proper spider hole mod it would be very easy to rig up with a Pig 2. One color normally, another when lit (flashing or pulsing even if you wanted) and would go out with the GI.

Quoted from Honch:

I did the exact same thing to mine out of spare parts I had lying around and some alligator clips.

Could either of you guys take a picture of the underside of the playfield to show what you did, as I may do that to mine? Thanks in advance!!

#1291 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Could either of you guys take a picture of the underside of the playfield to show what you did, as I may do that to mine? Thanks in advance!!

I'll try and get a pic, but basically you just screw in a socket, 44 or 55, and wire up a flex bulb in it to point at the bottom of the scoop, parasitic wired to the GI. You can use alligator clips, I soldered mine.

#1292 10 years ago

Ok...i need someone to do this for me....because I'm a smirtch!

#1293 10 years ago

I'm sitting at home with a box from Color DMD....just waiting for my husband to get here to install it. I have to say I'm getting a bit impatient. This installation is beyond my skill level.

#1294 10 years ago

Can't wait for a report!

#1295 10 years ago

ColorDMD on ScaredStiff is an absolute must have IMHO. You're going to enjoy!

#1296 10 years ago

I love it! The picture isn't the greatest (noticed a reflection from our soda machine on there). image.jpgimage.jpg

#1297 10 years ago
Quoted from Funone:

I'm sitting at home with a box from Color DMD....just waiting for my husband to get here to install it. I have to say I'm getting a bit impatient. This installation is beyond my skill level.

My husband brought one home with him after his Ohio pinball show visit. He always flies down to Cleveland and goes to the show with his college buddy. We shipped the DMD to the buddy's house because it saves on the tax and duty we'd get hit with if it was shipped directly to Toronto.

I was all excited when it arrived until I found out my husband forgot all of the connectors at his friend's place...

So the DMD is sitting in a box until my husband sees his friend during their fishing trip in June.

#1298 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

So the DMD is sitting in a box until my husband sees his friend during their fishing trip in June.

I'm just throwing this crazy idea out there, it may sound nuts to you, but I know from experience that's it possible to mail things to Canada ...

#1299 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

My husband brought one home with him after his Ohio pinball show visit. He always flies down to Cleveland and goes to the show with his college buddy. We shipped the DMD to the buddy's house because it saves on the tax and duty we'd get hit with if it was shipped directly to Toronto.
I was all excited when it arrived until I found out my husband forgot all of the connectors at his friend's place...

I don't think I could wait that long!

#1300 10 years ago

Looks beautiful!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

£ 37.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 38.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.