909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 85.
#901 10 years ago

image-848.jpgimage-848.jpg

Quoted from wxforecaster:Thanks Excalabur. In the attempt to not sound like a total selfish prick douchenozzle, would you (or anyone else) be so kind as to take glass-off playfield on-view pics of the left entrance gate into the dead heads, and the area looking eye on the spider hole.
It's clear my RIGHT exit gate into the popper is wrong (at least assuming X's are original). Mine has "V" shaped wire gate and a solid "trapezoid" gate stacked on top of it. The coil cannot lift both all the way to allow the ball passage.
The reason I need a playfield-on view is that I'm trying to see the shape/size of the LEFT entrance gate into deadheads as well, and I'm also trying to see the shape/size of any gate that exists behind the spider hole (not the one shown in the last pic that comes out of the plunger lane). The standoffs on either side of the spider hole (beneath the bony ramp) are held together by a gate with holes in it, but there's no actual gate in mine and I'm getting airballs into the Skull Pile off the back of the spider hole.

Here are some pics. More to follow.image-624.jpgimage-624.jpg

image-558.jpgimage-558.jpg

#902 10 years ago

Here's a couple more.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-58.jpgimage-58.jpg
#903 10 years ago

A few more.image-950.jpgimage-950.jpgimage-151.jpgimage-151.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

// Error: Image 143763 not found // // Error: Image 143764 not found //
#904 10 years ago

Let me know if you need more or a specific pic. image.jpgimage.jpg

// Error: Image 143763 not found // // Error: Image 143764 not found //
#905 10 years ago

Here's the rest of the pics I have.image-678.jpgimage-678.jpgimage-131.jpgimage-131.jpgimage-615.jpgimage-615.jpg

#906 10 years ago

Hey Stuby! Don't ya just love those Gory Eyeballs??

#907 10 years ago

Stuby/anyone: is the left entrance to the Deadheads a one-way gate? There's a gate here, but it swings in both directions somewhat pointlessly

#908 10 years ago

love the eyeballs. thanks a million. this is exactly what I need and unfortunately now I'm scrambling to figure out where I can get replacements. my spider gate is missing entirely and the deadhead to pop bumpers is just completely wrong.

#909 10 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

Stuby/anyone: is the left entrance to the Deadheads a one-way gate? There's a gate here, but it swings in both directions somewhat pointlessly

The left entrance to the dead heads only swings in one direction (entry from the left). Ball coming up from "extra ball" side will hit the left gate and drop into the dead heads. Hope that helps.

#910 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey Stuby! Don't ya just love those Gory Eyeballs??

Sure do! Nice feature that's interactive with the game.

#911 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Sure do! Nice feature that's interactive with the game.

So far this is my favorite mod on the game. (the Plasma Lightning Lab Mod is pretty cool too!)

ss plasma.JPGss plasma.JPG
#912 10 years ago

Where can I buy the plasma mod?

#913 10 years ago

Judge Dreads in the UK. (no worries...fast shipping!) ...it's interactive as well and activated with sound!

ebay.com link: SCARED STIFF Pinball Laboratory Plasma Mod Add on

#914 10 years ago

I finally got a Stiffy!

Normal wear around the holes and just a bit of fade on left side (need to get Cliffy's). Best part it was a 40 minute drive and here I thought I was going to have to pay for shipping to get one of these. Patience paid off for once.IMG_3817.JPGIMG_3817.JPGIMG_3818.JPGIMG_3818.JPGIMG_3819.JPGIMG_3819.JPG

#915 10 years ago

NICE! Welcome! Get those Cliffys on there (a bit of a pain...but worth it!) Any wear under the Crate?

#916 10 years ago

Hey Ted,

Just the mylar was worn through but paint is all there. I am tempted to pull all the mylar off of the game but that wouldn't happen for some time. Want to play it for a while.

#917 10 years ago

Mine was the same way. A tiny bit of wear on the mylar, but nothing touched the playfield. I put a small circle of mylar over the spot and that seems to work fine. (for now)

#918 10 years ago

Love my LEDs, but I do not enjoy the flickering in the "low light" parts of game.

Has anyone just done LEDs in the inserts and left he GIs incandescent?

#919 10 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Love my LEDs, but I do not enjoy the flickering in the "low light" parts of game.

Yes and I don't mind it. That's why I have not changed them.

#920 10 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I did this on my SS, but I also have all my other games this way as well. I just could never get used to LEDs in the GI of my 90's Williams/Bally games, but I love them under the inserts and in the pop bumpers.

#921 10 years ago

Hmmmm. I might have to switch the GI back to incandescent. I like the bright colors of the inserts, but the flickering in GI dimming is harsh.....

The game does look great LED'd in the inserts and pop bumpers, though.

#922 10 years ago

If you put LEDs in the GI on any Williams game you have to turn off dimming in the ROM, there's just no other way to live with it.

#923 10 years ago

Finally got my Scared Stiff up against the wall, this EATPM restore has taken over the garage, had to shift things around. Luckily I just need to let the clear cure a bit and then I can reassemble Elvira and clean up. In the meantime at least I can play SS!
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-830.jpgimage-830.jpg

#924 10 years ago

Nice!...and I see that Star Wars stuff over there!

#925 10 years ago

Hi guys need to take a pic of a little mod I did on my SS with the help of Radio Shack. I have two crate monsters with yellow and green eyes now.......

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#926 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Finally got my Scared Stiff up against the wall, this EATPM restore has taken over the garage, had to shift things around. Luckily I just need to let the clear cure a bit and then I can reassemble Elvira and clean up. In the meantime at least I can play SS!

Dang..... That's a good looking SS you got.

image.jpg 864 KB

image-830.jpg 964 KB

#927 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

have two crate monsters with yellow and green eyes now.......

Let's see!

#928 10 years ago

Nice Shadow translite Aurich, where did you get it from eBay??

#929 10 years ago

I'll snap the pic tonight......

#930 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice!...and I see that Star Wars stuff over there!

Hehehe, you would spot that. I gotta figure out what to do with that display cab, I might want to stick a pin there!

#931 10 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Dang..... That's a good looking SS you got.

Right??!! If you look carefully you might see the shooter is undergoing upgrades ...

#932 10 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Nice Shadow translite Aurich, where did you get it from eBay??

Got it off some hack. I didn't even pay for it!

#933 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Right??!! If you look carefully you might see the shooter is undergoing upgrades ...

Hmmmm, it looks smaller.
How bout a close up pic?

#934 10 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Hmmmm, it looks smaller.
How bout a close up pic?

So I'm playing with another one (bought two eyes) and painting veins on it, but this is the one I have mounted at the moment. It's 38mm, feels much better in the hand (to me) and more like a normal shooter. The gear shift one looked great, but was just too big. This one is green too, like the original design that didn't make production.

eye-shooter.jpgeye-shooter.jpg

#935 10 years ago

Some made early production like the apron with the spiders painted into the webs.....

#936 10 years ago

Looks great!

#937 10 years ago

That looks awesome! Way better than the larger one, I bet you could sell a bunch of them if you wanted.... not like your busy or anything.

#938 10 years ago
Quoted from dug:

That looks awesome! Way better than the larger one, I bet you could sell a bunch of them if you wanted.... not like your busy or anything.

Hahaha, me busy? I'd probably be willing to make some more, the reason I did it was because I couldn't find one on the market already that I was happy with, but they'd be on the pricey side, these acrylic eyes I'm working with are like 10x the cost of the toys people usually start with. Gives me crazy ideas about making eyes from scratch ...

I'll put up some pics of the one I did with veins in a bit. Also if anyone wants the hot rod shifter style eye in red I don't need mine anymore.

#939 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Also if anyone wants the hot rod shifter style eye in red I don't need mine anymore.

Got a pic?

#940 10 years ago

I'll snap one for you in a bit Ted.

#941 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

image.jpg 864 KB

image-830.jpg 964 KB

I really like the lighting on both of them! Not too bright. Are they LEDs? Also, I can't wait to see pics of your EATPM when it's all done, that's one of my faves

#942 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I really like the lighting on both of them! Not too bright. Are they LEDs? Also, I can't wait to see pics of your EATPM when it's all done, that's one of my faves

Yes, both full LEDs. I did the Shadow's but the Scared Stiff is all dug, and he did a great job on them. Normally I want to tear out other people's LED jobs and start over, but I'm not feeling that urge this time. I'll probably tweak a few things, I can't really resist, but it looks great.

I want to see EATPM too! Here's the current status:

image.jpgimage.jpg

It will get the full LED treatment too when I'm done, though I might leave the BBQ incandescents in, have to see how things look. Love that part of the light show.

#943 10 years ago

Here's the hot rod shooter, and the other custom one I did with the veins.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-972.jpgimage-972.jpg

#944 10 years ago

Cool! I like my Gory Eyeball....but that red one looks pretty darn good too!

eye2-150x150.jpgeye2-150x150.jpg
#945 10 years ago

To have a SS and a EATPM.....LUCKY!!! Love me some Elvira!

I'll never be able to afford a SS, but hope to get lucky finding an affordable EATPM someday

I did get my Elvira action figure in today though

#946 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

I'll never be able to afford a SS, but hope to get lucky finding an affordable EATPM someday

I paid $900 for mine, though it was pretty beat, hence the restore. I just missed out on one the other night that was practically HUO for $800. They're out there, you just gotta be patient and keep your eyes open.

#947 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Cool! I like my Gory Eyeball....but that red one looks pretty darn good too!

Well I'm gonna sell it since I have no use for it, but no rush. And if you don't want it someone else will, so no pressure either.

#948 10 years ago

How much are you asking?

#949 10 years ago

Hi Ted

Bad night last night but did snap a crappy picture thru the glass....

LEDs came from Radio Shack and it was a quick mod......It does look good lit......

2013-10-23_19-33-55_89-19.jpg2013-10-23_19-33-55_89-19.jpg

#950 10 years ago

hah! That's a pretty cool idea! (I hope you put a small piece of mylar over that wear spot...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 38.00
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 249.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.