909DC566-BA18-4A7B-948B-A2812A966538 (resized).jpeg
609C131B-B6E8-4B42-8AA0-225FC367851B (resized).jpeg
6E875811-9FBF-4B9F-BAB8-8010367C0AC5 (resized).jpeg
20231003_155922 (resized).jpg
20231003_155902 (resized).jpg
20231003_155906 (resized).jpg
20231003_155847 (resized).jpg
20231003_155855 (resized).jpg
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 85.
#851 10 years ago

Want to say, "Hi" to all of the Scared Stiff Club members. I finally made it. Here are a couple of pics of mine. Love the color DMD display. I apologize for the multiple posts to link pics (newbie here).

#852 10 years ago

Want to say, "Hi" to all of the Scared Stiff Club members. I finally made it. Here are a couple of pics of mine.. image.jpgimage.jpg

#853 10 years ago

Want to say, "Hi" to all of the Scared Stiff Club members. I finally made it. Here are a couple of pics of mine.. image.jpgimage.jpg

#854 10 years ago

I bid you...Velcome!
er, do your candles have yellow tips??

#855 10 years ago

Thanks for the welcome. No, The picture just makes it look like it does.

1 week later
#858 10 years ago

I LIKE it! Thanks!

#859 10 years ago

I like both of those, the 7" is a little small for a topper by itself but, the other one would be good if its about 12".

#860 10 years ago

That's what SHE said!

#861 10 years ago

I'm restoring an Elvira and the Party Monsters, and now my kids are bugging me to join the Scared Stiff club! Might have to keep an eye out, but not too common in CA.

#862 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's what SHE said!

That's right. I walked right into that one.

#864 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and now my kids are bugging me to join the Scared Stiff club!

Smart kids!

#865 10 years ago

My girls are 6 and 9, and have excellent taste in pinballs.

#866 10 years ago

Can't go wrong with Scared Stiff. I've had 3 in 7 years and it's STILL fun every time.

#867 10 years ago

I recently picked up a Scared Stiff and my 3 & 5 year old play it all the time with me. Now the 5 year old girl runs around and says, "What the?" All the time. It's funny, but not sure what her school teacher is gonna say whe she says it to her.

#868 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

It's funny, but not sure what her school teacher is gonna say whe she says it to her.

....it could be worse....

#869 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

I recently picked up a Scared Stiff and my 3 & 5 year old play it all the time with me. Now the 5 year old girl runs around and says, "What the?" All the time. It's funny, but not sure what her school teacher is gonna say whe she says it to her.

Funny you say that, my 9 year old had already picked that up that "what the?" habit from somewhere before SS, and so I had the opposite experience; first time I heard Elvira say that quote she sounded like my daughter to me.

#870 10 years ago

Yes...I say that...and when I heard her say it....it was pretty cool!

1 week later
#872 10 years ago

Post pics, but it seems a little on the small side for a topper. Maybe for an EATPM if you got the other monsters too and built a little graveyard scene?

3 weeks later
#873 10 years ago

I'm not happy with any of the eyeball shooters out there, they're all too big for my tastes. Might try and do something about it, ordering some parts to experiment with.

#874 10 years ago

I went with the Gory Eyeball. It's not too big and looks great. I wanted the bigger glass eyeball (second pic), but couldn't find them anywhere...
(the interactive Gory Eyeballs from Judge Dreads is VERY cool as well!)

eye2-150x150.jpgeye2-150x150.jpg eyeball_all.jpgeyeball_all.jpg Picture 053.jpgPicture 053.jpg
#875 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not happy with any of the eyeball shooters out there, they're all too big for my tastes.

I felt the same way. I was lucky enough to be able to buy one of the normal sized eyeball shooter rods from IPB. It's no longer on their website, but Gene may have some for sale during his show at the Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center during Expo this week. You want me to take one for you if he does?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#876 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I went with the Gory Eyeball. It's not too big and looks great.

The gore is a bit much for me, I like it cleaner and simpler. Aiming for more like the original prototype shooter, just higher quality than what they were going to throw on location for ops.

I wanted the bigger glass eyeball (second pic), but couldn't find them anywhere...

Yeah, for me those gear shift ones are great from a look and feel standpoint, but they're just too large. The proportion is off for me.

A stock Bally shooter knob, the flat style, is 34mm across. For reference a golf ball is 42mm across. So really I'd like to stay in-between those dimensions for something that's going to feel right in my hand and match the proportions of the machine from a distance.

I've been talking with a company that makes eyes for puppets, dolls, and animatronics, they're going to send me some that are 38mm, we'll see how that works. They sell them by the pair, so I might have an extra if anyone likes it. Not cheap though, definitely a lot more than a gliding eyeball toy or something. Much higher quality though, these are very realistic. I'll report back later on how that goes.

#877 10 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

I felt the same way. I was lucky enough to be able to buy one of the normal sized eyeball shooter rods from IPB. It's no longer on their website, but Gene may have some for sale during his show at the Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center during Expo this week. You want me to take one for you if he does?

Oh wow, thanks. If I hadn't just started down this project I would totally take you up on that, but since I committed the cash to it I think I'll stick with it for now. Still, grab an extra if you can, someone's got to want that!

#878 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aiming for more like the original prototype shooter

There was some kind of Eyeball Shooter on my machine when I got it. I swapped it for the Gory Eyeball. I'll check and snap a pic of what was on there....

#879 10 years ago

Very proud member of this club as of a few weeks ago.

#881 10 years ago

Found this at target for $4. might be cool to hang in the wall near ss.
It's in the halloween mask section

image.jpgimage.jpg

#883 10 years ago

Hah! Pretty cool! Thanks!

#884 10 years ago

Would someone be so kind as to photograph the gate entering the dead heads rollover area, the gate exiting the dead heads rollover area (into the pop bumpers), as well as the area through the spider hole? Now that I finally got the stripped leg plates, bolts replaced and have my SS playable, I noticed a few oddities.

1.) My left gate is lifted by the ball coming through the left loop, but is not falling back down via gravity as most gates should. I'm curious if the previous owner put a makeshift one in there that's the wrong size and there's just not enough play.

2.) My right gate clearly looks wrong as there are TWO gates. A solid one and a wire triangle. The force of that coil simply isn't enough to raise the two.

3.) If I flip a ball into the spider hold via the left flipper, isn't there supposed to be a gate behind it? About 30% of the time the ball goes right through the hole, hitting the back edge and becoming airborne, landing in the skull pile area and usually resting on top of a plastic. Good thing I didn't get the plasma mod or it'd be destroyed already.

Thanks in advance,
E

#885 10 years ago

So I've been hanging around this thread in the past couple days because I had something brewing that I'm happy to say came through, and I'm officially in the club. (Thanks Doug!)

Once I get my EATPM restore finished I'll be able to get the Elvira sisters next to each other.

#886 10 years ago

Welcome to the club! I'm sure it will be cool to get them both together. See you posting regularly here on pinside and glad you are now a member.

#887 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Once I get my EATPM restore finished I'll be able to get the Elvira sisters next to each other.

Welcome! Can't wait to see the pix! ....now get those mods going...

#888 10 years ago

If anyone wants the bigger glass eyeball shooter (red) that Ted linked up above I'll probably be selling mine once I get these new eyes in to modify.

#889 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone wants the bigger glass eyeball shooter (red) that Ted linked up above I'll probably be selling mine once I get these new eyes in to modify.

I have a large green eye ball as shown above and got use to it very quickly. Now when I play my ToM it feels that the lighted shooter is too small.

#890 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

I have a large green eye ball as shown above and got use to it very quickly. Now when I play my ToM it feels that the lighted shooter is too small.

Not gonna get a chance to get used to it, my new eye for making my shooter will hopefully be here soon, and I'm out of town for a few days and won't get to play. I got green for that too, that was the original shooter color, though the red one looks pretty great, just a little big for my taste.

I just took a chance on a box of vintage finger puppets, they look like the proper jiggly ones that SS and EATPM need, so I might have a stash to dip into. We'll see if they're as advertised when they show up.

#891 10 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Would someone be so kind as to photograph the gate entering the dead heads rollover area, the gate exiting the dead heads rollover area (into the pop bumpers), as well as the area through the spider hole? Now that I finally got the stripped leg plates, bolts replaced and have my SS playable, I noticed a few oddities.

I am also looking for info on the area around the deadheads: I get routine rejects off the gate to the monster's lab and back down the left loop.

3.) If I flip a ball into the spider hold via the left flipper, isn't there supposed to be a gate behind it? About 30% of the time the ball goes right through the hole, hitting the back edge and becoming airborne, landing in the skull pile area and usually resting on top of a plastic. Good thing I didn't get the plasma mod or it'd be destroyed already.
Thanks in advance,
E

There should be a gate behind the spider hole, and another one on the right loop. The post to the back-right of the spider hole should have two one-way gates attached. I can grab you a photo before tomorrow.

#892 10 years ago

Aurich, I was snooping on the SoCal thread since you had to keep up with us NorCal guys and saw the pictures of the green you're using on your EATPM. It looked really nice and I liked it. Please post more pictures when you're done.

#893 10 years ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Aurich, I was snooping on the SoCal thread since you had to keep up with us NorCal guys and saw the pictures of the green you're using on your EATPM. It looked really nice and I liked it. Please post more pictures when you're done.

Thanks, will do! I've been kinda documenting as I go, but keep not getting around to starting a thread. Looking forward to getting it done so it can live next to Scared Stiff though.

I'm from SF, so nothing but love for you all too.

#894 10 years ago

Bump. Really want to get this running 100% for Halloween. Anyone have detailed pics of the gate assembly entering the dead heads, exiting the dead heads into the pop bumpers, as well as behind the spider hole?

Thanks so much SS owners!

#895 10 years ago

wxforecaster: oops. Knew I forgot something today. Am heading out for friday night now, but will hopefully get some pics in ~7 hours?

#896 10 years ago

In Chicago right now, if no one gets to it before Sunday I can help you, but sounds like you're covered.

#897 10 years ago

Here you go. Apparently I can't pm photos on a phone, so apologies to everyone who doesn't care. Note that this machine rejects a fair fraction of shot to the left loop with deadheads litimage-742.jpgimage-742.jpgimage-819.jpgimage-819.jpgimage-973.jpgimage-973.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-857.jpgimage-53.jpgimage-53.jpgimage-919.jpgimage-919.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#898 10 years ago

Thanks Excalabur. In the attempt to not sound like a total selfish prick douchenozzle, would you (or anyone else) be so kind as to take glass-off playfield on-view pics of the left entrance gate into the dead heads, and the area looking eye on the spider hole.

It's clear my RIGHT exit gate into the popper is wrong (at least assuming X's are original). Mine has "V" shaped wire gate and a solid "trapezoid" gate stacked on top of it. The coil cannot lift both all the way to allow the ball passage.

The reason I need a playfield-on view is that I'm trying to see the shape/size of the LEFT entrance gate into deadheads as well, and I'm also trying to see the shape/size of any gate that exists behind the spider hole (not the one shown in the last pic that comes out of the plunger lane). The standoffs on either side of the spider hole (beneath the bony ramp) are held together by a gate with holes in it, but there's no actual gate in mine and I'm getting airballs into the Skull Pile off the back of the spider hole.

#900 10 years ago

They are pretty cool. Well made and not to big. (er, size wize)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
£ 37.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
£ 38.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
£ 38.00
$ 69.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 249.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 85.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-clubmembers-only/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.