2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by soozgs500
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

The sensors (opto's) are not registering the ball in the back when going through the boney ramp. I replaced the optos and reconnected the connections. Everything else works.. Anything else I can do? It's driving my crazy

#2 2 years ago

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Opto_Switches

Measure power to them. Also they are part of your switch matrix. A broken wire elsewhere could cause this too.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

I'm getting a reading on the receiver but not the sender. Couldn't find any broken wires or connections

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from soozgs500:

I'm getting a reading on the receiver but not the sender. Couldn't find any broken wires or connections

Opto driver board under the playfield. Getting a reading on the wires leaving it ?

LTG : )

#5 2 years ago

Have not done that yet but some people saying it could be a lm339 failure

#6 2 years ago

Update. Someone mentioned the LEDs on the optos we're backwards and they were right. That switch in test mode is now closed but opens every 10 seconds. So now have to figure how to fix that. Any ideas? But at least I know it's not the main opto board

#7 2 years ago

I had a similar problem with one of my coffin lock optos. In the end it was a bad opto receiver even though I replaced it with a new one. The new one was bad so I replaced it with another new one and that fixed it for me.

#8 2 years ago

Yes lethal I think it is the optos. Got a reading of 8.8v on all other optos and this one only got 5.9-6v so it's def the optos. Just ordered a set from marcospecialties

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-bally-1996-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.