• Latest reply 11 years ago by Ika
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CIMG7203.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

CIMG7203.JPGCIMG7203.JPG

#2 11 years ago

Did it occur more often, or just once? I never had this, but it seems likely to happen once in a while.

If you have this happening a lot I would check if the crate is correctly in place, and if the spring in the door is ok.

#3 11 years ago

It happens every couple games. No all the time. The crate's not loose or anything, the spring on the door is working.

#4 11 years ago

I would think the spring has too much tension for it to trap the ball like that. You might also verify the door swings out far enough without hitting anything.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I would think the spring has too much tension for it to trap the ball like that. You might also verify the door swings out far enough without hitting anything.

That was my thought, right spring in there ?

LTG

#6 11 years ago

Never happened to me.

#7 11 years ago

It rarely happens on mine, but it has happened. Once the solenoids start firing, it drops right down. It has never happened on a direct shot into the crate, only on a deflection.

#8 11 years ago

The one I used to play on location would have this happen every half a dozen games. The post would raise up in front of the gate and sometimes with some nudging the ball would eventually drop. The door would then be sitting behind the post allowing balls to sneak into the crate. It must have happened often for this pin because the sticker on door was worn from the post being in front of it.

#9 11 years ago

Never to me in many years

#10 11 years ago

Never happened to me in the year I've owned mine.

#11 11 years ago

I never had this problem. I would also check the spring tension it doesn't need much and see if the crate door is binding up. And I would also replace the balls they look pretty beat.

1 month later
#12 11 years ago

Did you solve the issue? happens to me all the time.

#13 11 years ago

I haven't solved the problem. I do have to down size so I have to sell the machine.

2 weeks later
#14 11 years ago

Bump. I have had this issue maybe one in 20 games.

#15 11 years ago

I was wondering if it could also be a result of weak flippers? Slow balls to the crate are the only way this would happen and weak flippers would lead to more slower balls, especially after a carom.

#16 11 years ago

this happened to me once in a game this summer on a routed scared stiff, i played maybe 20 games on that one, the ball stuck in the same place. It is circumstantial -> due to a weak left flipper ball gently rolled toward the crate just as the other ball drained and multiball ended. ball search couldn't unstuck the ball, it had to be pushed by hand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 37.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
£ 39.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.