Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Animated_0206.gif

#1 7 years ago

Elvira is Coming!

"We are excited to announce that we've signed a license with Elvira, Mistress of the Dark to bring the amazing Scared Stiff and Elvira and the Party Monsters tables to the Pinball Arcade!"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-star-trek-the-next-generation/posts/304271

#2 7 years ago

Sweet!

Animated_0206.gif

#3 7 years ago

Can't wait! I still have yet to play either one of these!

#4 7 years ago

Great news. Can,t wait for that one. Scared stiff is one I've owned several times. .loved it

#6 7 years ago

Yay! Now the prices of THESE pins will be driven to unrealistic levels too!!

Thank you.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from pflueeb:

ay! Now the prices of THESE pins will be driven to unrealistic levels too!

Too late already

#8 7 years ago

Nice! It will be interesting to see how the work in the spider wheel. I guess it will be similar to how they did CV's cannon. Never player EATPM, looking forward to it.

#9 7 years ago

I fist-pumped when I read this.

#10 7 years ago

Wow! I just watched that promo video above and I'm amazed how good she looks for being in her 60s.

#11 7 years ago

Nice. Just put up 14 mil on ToM

#13 7 years ago

I'm not that excited given the current state of the Pinball Arcade game engine. I really thought they would improve the physics but the more I play it the less I like it. I didn't like that the first time I played Monster Bash I got to Monsters Of Rock twice whereas in real life (or on PinMAME) I've got there once ever.

I recently started playing Pro Pinball again and have realised how advanced the physics are. The ball AND the flippers. You can live catch and really control the ball which is more unpredictable. Plus the prerendered graphics look great still and show how unnecessary a moving camera in 3D is in a pinball game.

Add to that the terrible QC of Farsight and I have all but lost faith in their product. I'll probably keep buying them but right now I don't hold out much hope for it becoming a particularly great pinball simulator. The only thing they have going for them is their rapidly expanding catalogue of games but when I realised I wasn't enjoying playing them I also realised that I wasn't excited about the new releases anymore.

I'm a lot more excited about Pro Pinball being remade but they've set a ridiculous $400k Kickstarter target that I doubt will be met. It's a shame because they could do virtual pinball a lot better potentially.

#14 7 years ago

Looks like chocky found something to complain about.

#15 7 years ago

I have to agree with chocky. This games physics seemed good at first and now with every update they seem to get worse. I've still bought the tables also but haven't played it in weeks. I'm not sure what they did to the physics but they need to go back and revamp them.

#16 7 years ago

Looking forward to these tables. Their physics are getting better with each new set (MB and Gorgar play much better than the core tables). They're way better than Zen's physics, that's for certain. Sure, there are a few bugs here and there, but they're a small company, so I'm willing to cut them some slack. I'm sure they'll have the kinks worked out soon....and besides, I'm just thankful someone is doing this. If not, we'd never have these tables on all these different systems.

Even if you don't like the physics, just the highly detailed walkthrough table instructions are worth the price of admission.

#17 7 years ago

I wish they would fix the bugs. If the ball gets into a place it they dont want to (which happens a lot!), the game engine just 'moves' the ball. ie: black hole, if you plunge juuust soft enough to hit the top one way gate.. bam, the game moves it right into the middle of the arc between the two one way gates.. the ball magically moves to the other side of the flippers in black hole, if they are raised and its going under the second higher flipper on the right and you release, rather than trap the ball under it, they move it to the other side. had balls go from the shooter lane directly left into the playfield and drain (odd plunge behaviour). pop bumpers dont really pop. blargh.

too many bugs. gorgar plays better than all the other tables, which is nice.

#18 7 years ago

Sweet...can't wait for these.

#19 7 years ago

I play them to learn the games, but center shots are near impossible when it's coming down the inlane. Seriously, just try to hit the castle off the left inlane on MM on the game. It's easy in real life, near impossible there. Still, the price is more than reasonable, and it's good fun.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

Even if you don't like the physics, just the highly detailed walkthrough table instructions are worth the price of admission.

I agree that is a nice feature to help learn a game that you haven't played much or even at all. Just did one a few minutes ago actually.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

I agree that is a nice feature to help learn a game that you haven't played much or even at all. Just did one a few minutes ago actually.

I've even learned a thing or two about games that I have played a lot.

#22 7 years ago

nice will make ss go up in price

#23 7 years ago

Blah blah ** Physics engine ** blah blah ** quality control

If you don't like what Farsight is doing, please don't purchase their tables. However, they are absolutely helping the pinball community to grow and thrive by digitizing some great machines.

Not perfect, but still great fun.

#24 7 years ago

Totally great. At first I thought it was another kickstarter and groaned, but glad to see its not.

Also Elvira is seriously still foxy.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

You can say that again!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Also Elvira is seriously still foxy.

Per Wikipedia, she's eight days away from SIXTY-FREAKIN'-ONE. That's incredible.

#27 7 years ago

Personally, I just wish the stuff would get to XBox 360 faster. It's so much better than trying to play on my iPhone.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from link8495:

I play them to learn the games, but center shots are near impossible when it's coming down the inlane. Seriously, just try to hit the castle off the left inlane on MM on the game. It's easy in real life, near impossible there. Still, the price is more than reasonable, and it's good fun.

What really killed it for me is that you can't backhand on their engine at all. I love that they're making this effort. Real commercial recreations of these games is fantastic -- I just wish they played better.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Blah blah ** Physics engine ** blah blah ** quality control
If you don't like what Farsight is doing, please don't purchase their tables. However, they are absolutely helping the pinball community to grow and thrive by digitizing some great machines.
Not perfect, but still great fun.

+1 on what Mudflaps said. This will not be perfect (and probably never be), that's why pinball will live forever, true randomness. Owning the actual table will always be #1.

Please remember what we didn't have before: Farsight is essentially giving us our most favorite tables 'to-go'. I'm sitting in the airport or waiting in the doctors office, I can play Monster Bash...are you kidding?!?! I couldn't do that two years ago.

Farsight is also giving pinfans a taste of tables that they may not have around them, to learn the rules and enjoy the gameplay concept. Again, it won't be perfect and they are getting better.

I trust Farsight will improve their programming faster than Stern updates their codes, and these games only cost a few bucks. They are getting there. Thanks Farsight, keep up the good work!

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

+1 on what Mudflaps said. This will not be perfect (and probably never be), that's why pinball will live forever, true randomness. Owning the actual table will always be #1.
Please remeber what we didn't have before: Farsight is essentially giving us our most favorite tables 'to-go'. I'm sitting in the airport or waiting in the doctors office, I can play Monster Bash...are you kidding?!?! I couldn't do that two years ago.
Farsight is also giving pinfans a taste of tables that they may not have around them, to learn the rules and enjoy the gameplay concept. Again, it won't be perfect and they are getting better.
I trust Farsight will improve their programming faster than Stern updates their codes, and these games only cost a few bucks. They are getting there. Thanks Farsight, keep up the good work!

Well said....

1 month later
#31 7 years ago

Anybody have an update as to when SS will be coming out? I didn't have any luck on their facebook or website.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

Anybody have an update as to when SS will be coming out? I didn't have any luck on their facebook or website.

Last I've heard on Spooky Pinball is that they are aiming for sometime this week or next, according to the FarSight programmer (cannot recall his name).

I know that sounds like a "I heard from a guy who knew a guy...", but this was from an interview in the latest podcast.

Post edited by mrSATURN2012 : Clarity

#33 7 years ago

They're finishing up the beta testing on iOS now, then it takes at least a week for Apple to approve the update. It should be available around Halloween for iOS, and possibly earlier for Android.

#34 7 years ago

I can perform just about every skill on the Pinball Arcade. Post passes, drop catches, backhands, alley passes, etc. I've done them all countless times.

#35 7 years ago

New Scared Stiff video:

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This games physics seemed good at first and now with every update they seem to get worse. I've still bought the tables also but haven't played it in weeks. I'm not sure what they did to the physics but they need to go back and revamp them.

While I agree with the "bugs" statements and the "unrealistic" feel that many have complained about, I have to say that Funhouse for PA was much improved from the original version in Williams HoF. Same goes for TOTAN. It would be nice though not to have to purchase the tables twice to be satisfied. I would also like to see a feature in the game where you could trap the ball, and then pan over the pf since I can't read the inserts of the games. just shoot the flashing lights and hope for the best.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeffy777:

New Scared Stiff video:
ยป YouTube video

I think that looks really good. Can you change the view enough so that the Dead Heads and bumpers are visible?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I think that looks really good. Can you change the view enough so that the Dead Heads and bumpers are visible?

Yes, the view in the video is one of the lowest camera angles available, so there are 2-3 higher angles.

#39 7 years ago

I just wish you could zoom in and see the tables in much greater detail, perhaps in a special mode not while playing. Still, I love having them on the go, and learning the rules so I can better appreciate the tables when I do find them in real life.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside