Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Skyemont
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Good Morning. Weird situation here. I have a Scared Stiff at a brewery. Well it started having reset issues. So i pulled it out of the brewery and brought it home. I replaced it with a Spiderman. The next day, i got the SS set back up and was playing it. Not one reset. NOT ONE!! Played it 10 times. The Spiderman as well is doing fine. No resets. Two questions:

1. Could it be the surge protector?
    2. Could it be being a older game the power supply and transformer are diff than Sterns?

The outlet has 116.7 volts coming from it abd the breaker for that outlet is a 20amp breaker. How is Spidy fine but SS resets??

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 5 years ago

Spidey probably has more stable circuits

#3 5 years ago

SS is a sensitive machine. Mine is really sensitive to minor power bumps (from the Grid) more so than any of my other machines. I trashed it's 16 switch opto board once with a vacume cleaner surge on it's circuit game on. (still can't explain that one) That being said, Mine is on a surge protector and now a GFI.

#4 5 years ago

Gotcha. It happened to the Whitewater i had in there too. Got it home, just fine. I think they may have something else tied in to that breaker thats causing a spike.

#5 5 years ago

How's the beer?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

How's the beer?

Wonderful!!!

#7 5 years ago

It's almost certainly the electrical circuit at the location running low voltage. Spiderman doesn't have the voltage check that the B/W games do, that's why it's the only one that doesn't reset. You could either figure out what else they have plugged into the circuit to pull the voltage down (probably too much of a pain for many reasons), or you could get one of those kahr.us anti-reset boards as a cheap and easy workaround.

#8 5 years ago

Clearly Spidey has a higher tolerance

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Good Morning. Weird situation here. I have a Scared Stiff at a brewery. Well it started having reset issues. So i pulled it out of the brewery and brought it home. I replaced it with a Spiderman. The next day, i got the SS set back up and was playing it. Not one reset. NOT ONE!! Played it 10 times. The Spiderman as well is doing fine. No resets. Two questions:
    1. Could it be the surge protector?
    2. Could it be being a older game the power supply and transformer are diff than Sterns?
    The outlet has 116.7 volts coming from it abd the breaker for that outlet is a 20amp breaker. How is Spidy fine but SS resets??
    Any help would be appreciated.

This is one of those things that Rob Kahr’s Board is great for

#10 5 years ago

Could you add a line filter or better get a small ups that can clean the line and provide constant voltage?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It's almost certainly the electrical circuit at the location running low voltage. Spiderman doesn't have the voltage check that the B/W games do, that's why it's the only one that doesn't reset. You could either figure out what else they have plugged into the circuit to pull the voltage down (probably too much of a pain for many reasons), or you could get one of those kahr.us anti-reset boards as a cheap and easy workaround.

Thanks everyone who responded.. I think this is my first step that i am going to try.. Are these sold in the USA? If so, who sells them?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks everyone who responded.. I think this is my first step that i am going to try.. Are these sold in the USA? If so, who sells them?

http://www.kahr.us/

Should be this thinger

#13 5 years ago

Thanks... Just ordered 2 of them..

#14 5 years ago

I'm surprised nobody complained about the 'offensives' translite. Must not be one of those "family friendly" breweries.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Thanks... Just ordered 2 of them..

One for the WW also? Good move. I had a WW that I could not find out why it would randomly reset. Lots going on in a WW. I installed one of those boards and it fixed it instantly. Those things are nice to have around for WPC games.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm surprised nobody complained about the 'offensives' translite. Must not be one of those "family friendly" breweries.

No one ever said a word. Plus the managers wanted that pin in there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-a-brewery and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.