Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MovieMark
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moviemark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hello! I've been giving my "Scared Stiff" unit a check-up and noticed that none of the #89 Bayonet Bulbs are lighting up.

I just replaced the four (4) #89 Bulbs in the Backbox and while I was at it I replaced the three (3) #89 Bulbs in the Playing Field but still no go. I know that these are "Always On" bulbs/lights but I have no idea if it's a fuse issue or something else. All of my fuses look okay but I can't even locate which fuse operates the #89 Bulbs. Any insights or suggestions are much needed and most welcomed!

Cheers!!

Mark

#3 7 years ago

Didn't switch over to LEDs - since none of the Backbox or the Playfield #89 bayonet bulbs are lighting (everything else is working great) my hope is that it's a fus, I've checked my manual but can't figure out which fuse impacts those bulbs.

#6 7 years ago

Yup! Also going to try and trace the wires

#7 7 years ago

Just to make sure I've got it right, the bulbs I'm talking about illuminate the Owl's eyes, the Wolf's eyes, the TV and the Scared Stiff logo on the Backbox/Translite, and the Lightening Bolts (2) and TV on the Play Field

#10 7 years ago

Thanks Pincredible! I just ran a T5 Flasher Test and got nothing to illuminate, so apparently my trouble is with the Flashers

#11 7 years ago

Yup, coin door is closed

#14 7 years ago

I'm a newbie so I just got locked out for an hour. HUGE THANK YOU to all who have responded and great advice - I'll start with the fuses but will definitely also look for broken/blackened wires, connections and such.

#15 7 years ago

Okey dokey - so I checked all of my fuses and everything checked out A-Okay. I played a game and low and behold all but one of the Backbox #89 bulbs started flashing so that's something! Now the Playfield TV #89 and the two Lightning Bolt #89s didn't flash, but I'm wondering if they only come on when you've completed all of the "Tales of Terror" (which I haven't done yet as my game was set to 'Extra Hard' which I've fixed). Anyway, any info regarding these Flashers are much appreciated!

#18 7 years ago

SUCCESS! I wasn't holding down the Big White Switches while running the Flasher Test!! Everything works splendidly! A HUGE THANK YOU for the help here (Pincredible you are incredible!), a much thanks jrivelli - I tested every single fuse and actually discovered that a fuse had been inserted into the wrong place and corrected it. Now to play!

#20 7 years ago

Hey Crash! That is great info - I just pulled the switch out like you said and it was way more easier to view the test - everything illuminated perfectly - fantastic!!

5 months later
#22 7 years ago

Scared Stiff - Spider Wheel Question -

I've been upgrading my Scared Stiff (Dancing Boogiemen, ColorDMD) and have a quick question regarding the Spider Wheel. When I run a Test it works fine (will spin forever - counts up to 198 then back to 1 and so on) but in play when a ball drops in the chute & spins the Wheel it spins for 8 revolutions and if you haven't selected by then it stops on its own.

I'm guessing this ain't normal and have read online that it should spin for about 35 seconds before stopping on its own. Any advice or suggestions here are most needed and much appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

#24 7 years ago

Much thanks Pincredible! Yup, it stops just fine when I hit either of the flippers and it's dead-on consistent in the 8 1/2 spins until it stops on its own (I even get the audio warning to hit the flippers before it stops). When I saw it mentioned online by someone that the spin should be 35 seconds before auto stop I got nervous that my pcb board may have a defective diod or something. Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Boards
PinSound

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 249.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
£ 37.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
£ 38.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider moviemark.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-89-bulbs-not-lighting?tu=moviemark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.