Juke Joint Johnnie
Sales & Service of Vintage Coin Operated Equipment since 1974
Westminster Colorado
303-350-0635
[email protected]

#2 14 years ago

That is one sweet machine.

#3 14 years ago

Price isn't too shabby. Good deal for whoever grabs it.

#4 14 years ago

Well, this morning when Wolfman was delivering my TOM I decided to purchase the Scared Stiff rather than TOM. Little more family freindly, I'm sure the kids and wife will love this one. I'll post pics when I ship it down to Florida. Thank you Wolfman!!

#5 14 years ago

And Thank you fxdwgmb since TOM is now coming my way.

#6 14 years ago

Good finds guys, scared stiff is a definite blue chip pin IMO.

#7 14 years ago

I posted it first thing this morning when I read my email. Glad to see two of you got some real nice machines. Hopefully he is on my way now with my A-Go-Go which was all I can afford unlike you rich folks

#8 14 years ago

Glad to hear both SS and TOM are going to pinside pinheads. Both are great games. Price ain't bad either.

#9 14 years ago

There is a Scared Stiff for sale at the local place marked down from $4599 to $2975. Usually they will also come down a couple hundred from even a sale price. It's a fully shopped machine and I have seen and played it. I like dropping in there now and then just to play stuff. From what I hear they are really stuggling to stay afloat in this economy. They have a store in Fort Wayne and another one in Indianapolis.

http://acegameroom.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=32

#9 14 years ago

Scared stiff is more family friendly than TOM? haha...I agree it's the better game IMO, but not more family friendly by a lOOOOONNNNGG shot!!

#10 14 years ago

I agree with you Tomdotcom, Scared Stiff is not the most family friendly game around. It sure is no Popeye or No Good Gofers. Well, unless you turn of the sound, your family is very naive OR does not speak English, or if it comes with that cleavage plastic (see the Scared Stiff trivia for more info)

Did I mention I totally love that game?

#11 14 years ago

Thanks for replying Robin but as you know Wolfman has no machines left but "The Shadow". I think his wife Pat wants him to retire and finally settle down in his late life. After meeting him and her another time (and the 16 year old white female wolf they still have) I feel honored. That animal was a real sweetheart. My golden retriever got sooooo jealous when Nikki gave me a lick kiss.

Myself I hope he keeps going for us but my gut feeling is he is clearing out things (why I got the free jukeboxes and CD's).

BrokeDad

#12 14 years ago

Just to clear up the "family friendly" comment. I'm confident that my wife and kids will love this theme and start playing more pinball together as a family. The kids are tweenagers and I know they hear much worse at school, or just watching TV. I was looking for a fun theme that everyone would enjoy. Just wanted to clear up that comment.

I currently have two machines with sci fi influence. My wife and I are not into sci fi movies or TV shows. My kids don't like the sci fi thing either so this is a turn off for them to play the machines I currently have.

3 years later
#14 11 years ago

still available?

#16 11 years ago

rofl01.pngrofl01.png

#17 11 years ago

I was going to create a poll:
"How many folks would buy more Scared Stiffs if they were back at their "normal" $2500 price"

But I figured it MIGHT not be that relevant...

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I was going to create a poll:
"How many folks would buy more Scared Stiffs if they were back at their "normal" $2500 price"
But I figured it MIGHT not be that relevant...

$2500 is abnormal.

#19 11 years ago

I wish I could buy up all the A list pins at 3 years ago pricing. Screw it how about 10 years ago when they were all but giving them away (or at least that's what I hear)? Where's my time machine?

#20 11 years ago

Hah! Ya GOT me! I was all over it till I saw the thread was 3 years old! Grrrr!

#21 11 years ago

I wouldn't, still not enough game for $2,500.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I wish I could buy up all the A list pins at 3 years ago pricing. Screw it how about 10 years ago when they were all but giving them away (or at least that's what I hear)? Where's my Time Machine?

Not just pins...

gold
silver
Twinkies...

all the high value commodities....

#23 11 years ago

Twinkies! Yum. Just wait, they'll be back on the market later this year. I can wait for that, but I can't wait for Wayne's MM.

#24 11 years ago

I'm sure we could dig up plenty of other 3 year old posts with crazy prices like this. I could have bought a really nice TOTAN about 3 years ago for $3000...so....

But here we go again, another pinflation thread, heh.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I'm sure we could dig up plenty of other 3 year old posts with crazy prices like this. I could have bought a really nice TOTAN about 3 years ago for $3000...so....
But here we go again, another pinflation thread, heh.

You misunderstand me....

I wasnt trying to start a price thread, I just just trying to be an a-hole

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I just just trying to be an a-hole

...got me!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I just just trying to be an a-hole

Success!

#28 11 years ago

Lucky if I can find an Elvira and the party monsters these days at that price

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Lucky if I can find an Elvira and the Party Monsters these days at that price

yep... i saw a SS TOPPER selling for $1000! lol...

#30 11 years ago

If anyone finds a Scared stiff right now for $2500 please let me know and I will buy it immediately. thats an unheard of price.

#31 11 years ago

duh. retread post from three years ago. Should have seen that.

#32 11 years ago

Happened to me too!

#33 11 years ago

If I really wanted to be evil i would have bumped a WoZ post from a year ago predicting impending shipments

#34 11 years ago

Will this pin fit in my DeLorean?

#35 11 years ago

4399257515_54bfe2ee5c_o.gif4399257515_54bfe2ee5c_o.gif

#36 11 years ago

Spfxed,you have to much time on your hands.

#37 11 years ago

Waaaay too much!

#38 11 years ago

spfxted - many are jealous. You obviously have more free time than most - You spend a inordinate amount of time on pinside and that is truly something to aspire to... Less time was spent designing the first mission to the moon, but hey, the moon thing has already been done. Follow your dreams!

#39 11 years ago

I think $2500 was below average on this game even 3 years ago. I have had mine for almost 5 years and I had a hell of a time finding one under 3k.

#40 11 years ago

Yeah...I'll tell ya...I've been playing a few of the newer machines, Transformers, Avengers, Spider-Man and I just think SS is more fun. AND I think many others are finding the same thing...

#41 11 years ago

Hmmm, and here I thought you were going to offer me SS for TFLE!

#42 11 years ago

I DID like Transformers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 69.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 249.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scared-stiff-2500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.