4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Pretty sure these are scams: Here are the ads: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/dashton992/ads

Edit: didn't initially post these as 100% sure but i would bet good money they are scams now based on my outside pinside searching on the addititional info from pinsiders below. Just trying to be helpful despite some people getting bent out of shape because i was initially vague.

#2 4 years ago

Who?

Speaking of which, I need to delete my Marketplace ad for I500.

#3 4 years ago

I will monitor the ads. The prices are very low.

#4 4 years ago

Yeah, looks scammy giving the lack of account activity and the prices.

#5 4 years ago

Which Title / Pin ?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Which Title / Pin ?

Bsd sopranos are two of them

#7 4 years ago

"Pinside Ad" or "Spotted On Ebay" ?

#8 4 years ago

bsd is a 1500 game whats the deal with that ad? Could be sopranos for 1500 is iffy. Does seem odd for pinside prices, but low prices are out there. Last bsd I bought working 100% $1100, so prices are not that far off.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

bsd is a 1500 game whats the deal with that ad? Could be sopranos for 1500 is iffy. Does seem odd for pinside prices, but low prices are out there. Last bsd I bought working 100% $1100, so prices are not that far off.

Go ahead but I have way more info than you do.

#10 4 years ago

Dave is right. This guy had about 12 high end pins listed on Craigslist (Milwaukee) and they were ALL priced at $1,500

His ads also pop up on Craigslist from other states ... SCAM!!!!

#11 4 years ago

Way more info that you don't share, So how is one to know then?

#12 4 years ago

db62 way more info then dave and he started the thread. Thanks db62 for clearing it up.

#13 4 years ago

i contacted him dave. told him to send pictures. if they checked out i will send someone over with cash in hand (and multiple people) to pick them up.

will let you know what comes of it

KingPin

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

i contacted him dave. told him to send pictures. if they checked out i will send someone over with cash in hand (and multiple people) to pick them up.
    will let you know what comes of it
    Kingpin

I told him I'd take them and he said he's in Virginia.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

db62 way more info then dave and he started the thread. Thanks db62 for clearing it up.

Thanks for acting like i'm the asshole here for trying to do the right thing.

Here are the ads: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/dashton992/ads

The guy who i dealt with via email is david ashton. same games, same prices. offered to deliver to my home and i told him i'd get them. he then stated he's in virginia.

Make what you want of this.

NEXT TIME I'LL JUST LET IT GO UNNOTICED IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ACT LIKE I'M THE BAD GUY!!!

#16 4 years ago

his add in the marketplace here says austin, nv

thanks for the heads up. i thought it was going to end like that.

#17 4 years ago

Nice pair of "Data East Simpsons".

Worst. Ad. Ever.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

his add in the marketplace here says austin, nv

exaclty. pinside id is dashton and the same guy i'm dealing with is david ashton with the same games and prices. he has milwaukee craigs ad and my response via that avenue is that the games are in virginia. it has to be the same guy.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Thanks for acting like i'm the asshole here for trying to do the right thing.
    Here are the ads: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/dashton992/ads
    The guy who i dealt with via email is david ashton. same games, same prices. offered to deliver to my home and i told him i'd get them. he then stated he's in virginia.
    Make what you want of this.
    NEXT TIME I'LL JUST LET IT GO UNNOTICED IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ACT LIKE I'M THE BAD GUY!!!

For sale ads are the same as his wanted ads???

#20 4 years ago

I was thinking maybe there should be a section to thank and report all the good transactions that take place from honest pinsiders. A place we could thank those who we purchased from, or thank good people who paid quickly.. Something like that..

#21 4 years ago
    #22 4 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

If you want a guaranteed scam every time, buy a used pin off of ebay. I'm 0 for 3.

fool me once...

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

If you want a guaranteed scam every time, buy a used pin off of ebay. I'm 0 for 3.

I'm 1 for 1 and (hopefully) about to go 2 for 2. But I pick up in person. In fact in both cases I have made the actual deal outside of eBay. See pin, make offer by email, meet up.

#24 4 years ago

good looking out! Please also report the user to mods and they will delete the account

#25 4 years ago

Davewth reported it to me originally, and I did a mod thread on it to report to the other mods and Robin since we don't have access to delete anything in the marketplace. Due to multiple reports of fishy behavior from off Pinside and the fact that the profile had no posts and just market ads, I spam banned the account. Robin is the only one that can overturn so he can look at it later when he gets time, but it looks like spam banning also deleted the market ads. Hopefully that helps out some for now.

#26 4 years ago

your rock BlondeTall!

#27 4 years ago

It was definitely a scam. He said he ships overnight for only $200 and I only have to pay the shipping company via bank wire or western union

#28 4 years ago

If bonus sexy time is included with 2 hour shipping its probably legit.

#29 4 years ago

Dracula hasn't been $1500 in ages.

1 week later
    #30 4 years ago

Has anyone actually bought anything of Dave Ashton? He has a few pins at rock bottom prices, but now I'm quite leery of a possible purchase...he also just told me he's in NC
    mtt

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from mtripl:

Has anyone actually bought anything of Dave Ashton? He has a few pins at rock bottom prices, but now I'm quite leery of a possible purchase...he also just told me he's in NC
    mtt

he has NV listed here, ads on Milwaukee Craigslist, told me he's in Virginia and now he's told you NC so...

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

he has NV listed here, ads on Milwaukee Craigslist, told me he's in Virginia and now he's told you NC so...

Sounds like he looks at where you are located and says he is from a state you would be unwilling to drive to. Total scam.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from DreamTR:

Dracula hasn't been $1500 in ages.

Ca Ching!! For me!!

#35 4 years ago

The LOTR definitely, it was listed in LA until I offered to pick it up then all of a sudden it moved to Delaware......

3 years later
    #36 9 months ago

RECENT EXPERIENCE UPDATE>
    I just had the same experience this week, but this time it was on Craigslist. Listing for Fish Tales at $1,800 OBO came up on my Vegas area search and the Craigslist map showed the game in Vegas. When I contacted the seller, he claimed he was in NC. He tried to justify why this happened, but his explanation did not make sense given how Craigslist searches work. I don't recall the seller's name, but likely the same guy.

#37 9 months ago
    Quoted from iluvak9:

RECENT EXPERIENCE UPDATE>
    I just had the same experience this week, but this time it was on Craigslist. Listing for Fish Tales at $1,800 OBO came up on my Vegas area search and the Craigslist map showed the game in Vegas. When I contacted the seller, he claimed he was in NC. He tried to justify why this happened, but his explanation did not make sense given how Craigslist searches work. I don't recall the seller's name, but likely the same guy.

Thats my old fish tales my friend in Baltimore listed a year ago.... the ad even mentioned me lol.... its bs and that particular ft is in the 2600-3k range

#38 9 months ago

Basically, if the CL ad lists a Gmail address as the contact point in the text, its a scam. I've noticed that they are becoming smarter - they list a machine at just a few hundred dollars less than they should, so more people bite, as compared to a MM for $900. I've seen several lately on the St. Louis CL.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside