2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

388f3280e6f91190147e1a4ad9a4c917a9d8d664 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Seems like all of the ads from this seller have pictures in two different rooms (one is outside?). Seems unlikely selling four games with blurry pictures the same day the account is created. I guess they could be real but the prices seem really low… Proceed with caution.

Machine - For Sale
    Cyclone Archived
    Partially restored (almost original) - “Cyclone pinball machine”
    2021-11-18
    Millington, TN
    2,250 (Firm)
    Archived after: 16 days
    Viewed: 533 times

#2 2 years ago

Definitely a red flag
    1st day on pinside and you post 4 pins for sale

#3 2 years ago

Well the descriptions sure are brief!

#4 2 years ago

Lol, not a scam I don't think. I mean, I don't "know" the guy... I actually pm'ed him thanking him for not contributing to the price explosion and told him I wished he were living in my town. Had a nice convo, and he is selling his machines because he is moving to a different state soon. He donated to pinside... Not that any of this means anything either way, but I think we will find out soon enough that he is genuine when the first pinsider gets over there and buys one. Or all of them.

388f3280e6f91190147e1a4ad9a4c917a9d8d664 (resized).jpg388f3280e6f91190147e1a4ad9a4c917a9d8d664 (resized).jpg
    #5 2 years ago

FOR SALE
    PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN (CE) 1 OF A KIND BUILD RARE MODS featured ad
    Report this ad
    Added: November 17th, 2021
    Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

LINKED TO GAME
    Pirates of the Caribbean (CE)
    Jersey Jack, 2018

PRICE
    $ 45,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Use the Market archive as a reference for past sales data on this particular game.

ITEM DESCRIPTION
    The best of my collection. This machine was purchased by me from a good friend at Oracle pinbal as part of 3 matching # ce's . POTC ce, WW ce, GNR ce. If you have interest in all 3 as a matching numbered set then reach out to me. This was part of his personal collection. His work is remarkable and this machine is as much a work of art and something to admire looking at as it is to play. Painstakingly assembled and cared for and without a doubt a one of a kind to be proud of owning.

Below are his build specs for the adds to this machine sourced through many industry contacts with many rare or hard to get items, making it truly a one of a kind.

*** Includes the limited edition HMS Endeavor mod *** not many made and impossible to find. ********

THIS is the scam..... Lol.

#6 2 years ago

Very well, I did not say for certain either way… just looks a bit sketchy. Hope all works out for the buyers.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Seems like all of the ads from this seller have pictures in two different rooms (one is outside?). Seems unlikely selling four games with blurry pictures the same day the account is created. I guess they could be real but the prices seem really low… Proceed with caution.

Sale Pending!

Cyclone

Partially restored (almost original) “Cyclone pinball machine”

3 days ago

Millington, TN

2,250 (Firm)

SpookyDoo

They're all marked pending too! OMG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.