(Topic ID: 90034)

Scamming the scammers, anyone enjoy these?

By Don1

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LOTR2.JPG
    LOTR1.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

This is pinball related only in that it was an email exchange from some scammer on a machine I had listed locally. Does anyone else enjoy going back and forth with them? I remember there was a website somewhere devoted to scamming the scammers, it was mostly with the 419 scams out of Nigeria that were big ten years ago. Some hilarious stories on that website.

I would get the usual people offering to by my 'item for sale' but this one got me chuckling when he named the item he was interested in with parenthesis lol so I couldn't resist seeing just how long he'd go. I didn't get the deposit from him maybe next time!

If you haven't seen this site before, http://www.419eater.com/

+++++ original email ++++++++

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Robert Morris <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Customer

My name is Robert Morris , and this order is an individual order and i like to make a purchase of a (Alley Roller Machine) and i will be more happy if you can email me with the size and Prices that you have for sale as well....Please let me know if you do accept credit card as a form of payment, and that will be pick up at your location..Hope to read back from you soon..

With kind regard
    Robert Morris

++++++++++ my reply ++++++++++

To: Robert Morris <[email protected]>
    Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:22 PM
    Subject: Re: Order Request.

Thanks Robby

Send me $50 as a deposit and I will hold your item of one Alley Roller machine for you or your representative to come and pick it up at our dock facility at your convenience.

+++++++++ his response +++++++++

Thanks for the email ,

I would like to order 100 piece of the Alley Roller Machine @ $50 Each So kindly contact the shipping company at ( [email protected]) with the following information to get the Shipping quote.

1) Weight And Dimension

2) Pick up Location

4) Shipping Address:
    A. Akwaboa Ltd
    #94 adukwei st.
    Johannesburg , S. Africa

Contact Person Name: Captain Tom Lee

Try and CC me a copy of what you will be sending to the shipping company As soon as you get the quote then you email me back with revised quote for the order plus the shipping cost altogether and i can email or call you back with my Credit Card details we can proceed.

With kind regards
    Robert Morris

++++++++++ My reply ++++++++

Bob

It looks like must be a mistake with the advertisement that you are referring to. Each Alley Machine has a retail value of USD 13,899 It is the roller balls that are used by the machines that are valued at USD 50.

I just wanted to clarify as I have many overseas customers who place an order for balls when they intended to receive an entire alley machine. Our website is under construction so it's easy for customers to get them confused.

Did you want to order quantity 50 Alley Machines @ USD13,899 each? Or were you intending to place an order for 50 of the alley machine balls @ USD 50 each?

Thank you for your business and we know you will love our balls!

#2 9 years ago

And here's a link to some fun ones

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Don1:

Thank you for your business and we know you will love our balls!

Nice touch!

#4 9 years ago

My ad was for a HUO LOTR

Scammer:

Good to have your reply. I am Henry H Jack from Las Vegas, NV. and would have loved to come and inspect it at your place myself, but I am a marine engineer and presently off-shore. I am buying this for my son
    in Las Vegas as a surprise gift and pls just make sure it is in condition described. I will appreciate more pictures if available and will be sending your money asap. My shipper will be available to pick this up as soon as payment is made. Do you have paypal account? because, I have a paypal account that I can easily send money through because, its good for business payments. Get back to me with your paypal email address and name in order for me to have your money sent on time. Confirm sale to me and remove the add from posting. regards>

Me:

Thank you for your interest. I hope you are satisfied with my item. There are a few things, however, you need to be made aware. I have refurbished the Flux Capacitor in the unit, so it is not original. However, I have refurbished it to much satisfaction, and I have faith that it is in A-1 top condition, as my mad skillz are appropriate. Also, the Johnson Rod has been replaced with a Rite-Tite Contraption. I believe the Rite-Tite Contraption is the improvement on the Johnson Rod, as the Johnson Rod had a necessity to dissolve in warm temperatures. I have attached pictures to display to your satisfaction. Looking forward to your read.<

Scammer:

Ok. i receive the details. Confirm to me the name that you have on your paypal email address for reference purpose in order for me to have your money sent. And immediately I send your money>

Me:

Thank you! I have received the money and have transferred it to my bank account. You may now send details regarding your shipper!

LOTR1.JPGLOTR1.JPG

LOTR2.JPGLOTR2.JPG

#5 9 years ago

That's comedy gold! Thanks for posting the link. The Church of Fish & Bread scams had me rolling!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scamming-the-scammers-anyone-enjoy-these and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.