Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kenner-hugo-doll (resized).jpg
    What If (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Caution:
    Received email from slingerjessie from Pinside regarding a pinball machine wanted ad. Was referred to a email address :

[email protected]

Who had the unit , multiple flags and warnings started to occur!
    They are using an other Pinsiders info to try to get your hard earned funds!
    Should you be contacted by these scammers do not send money!

#2 6 years ago

Just got a similar email.

#3 6 years ago

slingerjessie has already been banned. If any other accounts are sending PMs like the OP described, please let us know.

It's usually a good idea to be wary of users with no history on the site who PM you about buying/selling something. If you suspect something fishy, you can use the "report spam" button on PMs to alert us, open a feedback thread, PM a moderator, or post on the forums.

#4 6 years ago

I'm starting to think your picture is real. Force Flow.
    I'm on to you. Every time something bad happens. It takes you a few seconds and then this. Protection for all Pinsiders. Some might even call you "Super"

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

I'm starting to think your picture is real. Force Flow.
    I'm on to you. Every time something bad happens. It takes you a few seconds and then this. Protection for all Pinsiders. Some might even call you "Super"

I was thinking the same thing! ForceFlow is fast!

#6 6 years ago

Maybe his avatar should be Obe Wan Knobe.

#7 6 years ago

For those of you who have never met Forceflow, he has you fooled!!!!

Heres his real Picture!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8 6 years ago

Let's just hope he doesn't end up like this.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Really Odin ??????

#12 6 years ago

o-din's like eminem in that way, a mad genius but can't stop with the Christopher Reeve(s) material.

http://themuse.jezebel.com/eminem-has-been-fucking-up-his-christopher-reeve-punchl-1788074433

#13 6 years ago

Jesus O-din...fricken made me spit thats so bad and funny. Your wrong, but good!

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I just got an email from same. Originated from a text from phone number 779 444 0360 referring me to [email protected]
    Lavin
    2114 Douglas St
    Rockford Ill 61103
    Have gotten a bunch of these but never with an actual address....

#15 6 years ago

If someone says he is a Prince from a far away very small incredibly wealthy country and needs your bank info so he can wire half of his countries wealth for the purposes of political democrorocy.

Or if you won a lottery that you did not play.

Chances are not the best idea to befriend them no matter how appealing it may sound.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sunny1989:

Thanks for the heads up. I just got an email from same. Originated from a text from phone number 779 444 0360 referring me to [email protected]
    Lavin
    2114 Douglas St
    Rockford Ill 61103
    Have gotten a bunch of these but never with an actual address....

I got suspicious as the quality of the game did not match the price (too good to be true) and the language only asked for my shipper's number, nothing about coming to look at it.

#17 6 years ago

The address is a small 4 family apt building in a marginal neighborhood. The whole building is valued at less than $100K.

The phone number is from Wonder Lake, IL. About 50 miles from Rockford.

#18 6 years ago

And that's a big pin room for being in a fourplex!

I applaud the OP for not calling his thread an "ALERT!" Alerts require action, and not doing something is not an action.

#19 6 years ago

I just got a similar note from a Jeromebrw referring to my ad. It was a Pinside apprentice saying to e-mail a guy in Beaver Creek Wisconsin. This is the e-mail that he provided: [email protected]

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from BobcatBowling:

I just got a similar note from a Jeromebrw referring to my ad. It was a Pinside apprentice saying to e-mail a guy in Beaver Creek Wisconsin. This is the e-mail that he provided: [email protected]

Can you post a screenshot?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Can you post a screenshot?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#23 6 years ago

So 11 thumbs down means 11 people do hope Forceflow ends up like Christopher Reeve?

Sometimes I just don't understand you people.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So 11 thumbs down means 11 people do hope Forceflow ends up like Christopher Reeve?
    Sometimes I just don't understand you people.

They just think your "joke" was in bad taste i guess

#25 6 years ago

What if it wasn't a joke?

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pinsiders without a sense of humor?!!?

#27 6 years ago

More like pinsiders looking to be offended around every turn...

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's why I put "" around joke. I didn't know either. It was more funny just to see how many people down voted you

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"What If ..." I thought your new avatar looked familiar.

What If (resized).jpgWhat If (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

These scams make me miss the days of Chogard. At least his scams ended up with epic meltdowns by him.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

It was more funny just to see how many people down voted you

I found that quite humorous too, considering what was said in that post.

#32 6 years ago

That avatar is a Hugo (man of a thousand faces) Doll. My mom bought me one of those when I was a little kid. Our dachshund was absolutely terrified of it! Now come to think of it, so am I! Doesn't seem to matter which disguise he is wearing, he looks like trouble...

kenner-hugo-doll (resized).jpgkenner-hugo-doll (resized).jpg

#33 6 years ago

Oh I thought it was one of them thunderbird dolls or whatever

#34 6 years ago

So did I, at first.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from klr650:

My mom bought me one of those when I was a little kid. Our dachshund was absolutely terrified of it! Now come to think of it, so am I!

$125 and you can relive your youth.

I didn't have one myself, but the TV ad always cracked me up. And my best friend's dad was named Hugo so we had some fun with that.

ebay.com link: like

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scammer-warning?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.