Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Physics.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Is a person going by the name of Tony Barn from Portland, Oregon legit or a scammer? Does anyone know this person or have any past history buying parts?

#4 3 years ago

He is not on Pinside as far as I know. He contacted me after I placed an ad for parts on Mr. Pinball. He said he had three of the four parts I needed for a Novelty Merchantman crane machine. When I asked for pictures he said he didn't know how to send pictures and that his grandson who could help was out of town. Later he said that he and his grandson had a misunderstanding (some sort of spat). I sent him a link showing him very easy to follow, detailed instructions on sending pictures and he replied that he still couldn't do it. He claims to have been an operator in the past and that he's selling out stuff now. He does not seem to have any language issues that would put up a red flag, just typical punctuations issues, etc. If he's legit he's not doing much to show that. He is tech savvy enough to use Paypal but not take and send pictures. If he's a scammer then he's pretty good at disguising that.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I had an ad on Mr. P for parts for a Super Hockey for which a guy (name Rod Churpin) said he had both parts I needed and that they were NOS. I asked for pics and received the following response:
    "My grandson would normally help me out with the pictures as is the case with some parts i have sold out in the past but he's out of town and i have difficulty operating my tab i'm vintage I'd give my word it’s been maintained personally over the years"
    I replied advising him that if he could provide pictures of them I would but both. Never heard from him again!

BINGO!!! This is be the same guy and I have the exact same quote in an email from him.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball_Physics.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scammer-or-legit?tu=Pinball_Physics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.