20221015_170122 (resized).jpg
shonevis facebook page 1-17-2023 (resized).jpg
closeupShonevis (resized).jpg
checkpoint2 (resized).jpg
checkpoint1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20230117_195857_Venmo (resized).jpg
shonevis instagram page 1-17-2023 (resized).jpg

#1 9 days ago

I don't want anyone else to get frauded by this scammer. And please read your Venmo payment options carefully or don't use. Use a credit card to backup your purchases. Never buy from someone you don't know or do extremely good due diligence. I did a lot of diligence, but not enough. I checked game photos through google images, I checked house addresses and google street view, I called to verify phone number, I verified other transactions on Venmo, but it was not enough.

https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/data/machines_for_sale.html and you can search for his email: [email protected]

> #Checkpoint, 1991 Data East: $2500
> Player's condition #Checkpoint working 100% OK without errors. The artwork of the playfield looks in good condition with some small
> retouches. The surface was cleaned and a new set of rubbers was installed. Backglass is in excellent condition. Original coin box is
> included along with a copy of the manual & schematics. Christopher
> Fort Worth, Texas Posted: 7 September 2022
>
> Game plays 100% and everything works including shaker motor and spinning wheel behind back glass. Game is basically plug and play.
> 5225 Cross Plains Ct, Forth Worth, TX 76126 8172904186

I paid him on Dec 30 and no machine has arrived nor will arrive. No tracking information was the key light bulb. There are dozens more things I should have noticed. If it makes YOU feel better you can point them out and pour salt in my wounds. LOL. But it is not necessary.

That all turned out to be total bull. Nothing was true and I knew better. Just don't want anyone getting scammed. If you know of this guy please by all means turn him into the authorities. I've got several investigations underway, but it is likely a lost cause. I know the pinball community is not made up of losers like this. He will get banned, (at least that set of fake names) from the pinball classified. And who knows these facebook and instagram could be fake. Stay vigilant my friends.

shonevis instagram page 1-17-2023 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230117_195857_Venmo (resized).jpgcheckpoint1 (resized).jpgcheckpoint2 (resized).jpgcloseupShonevis (resized).jpgshonevis facebook page 1-17-2023 (resized).jpg

#2 9 days ago

OUCH!

#3 9 days ago
Quoted from corkgiants:

I don't want anyone else to get frauded by this scammer. And please read your Venmo payment options carefully or don't use. Use a credit card to backup your purchases. Never buy from someone you don't know or do extremely good due diligence. I did a lot of diligence, but not enough. I checked game photos through google images, I checked house addresses and google street view, I called to verify phone number, I verified other transactions on Venmo, but it was not enough.
https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/data/machines_for_sale.html and you can search for his email: [email protected]
> Player's condition #Checkpoint working 100% OK without errors. The artwork of the playfield looks in good condition with some small
> retouches. The surface was cleaned and a new set of rubbers was installed. Backglass is in excellent condition. Original coin box is
>
> Game plays 100% and everything works including shaker motor and spinning wheel behind back glass. Game is basically plug and play.
I paid him on Dec 30 and no machine has arrived nor will arrive. No tracking information was the key light bulb. There are dozens more things I should have noticed. If it makes YOU feel better you can point them out and pour salt in my wounds. LOL. But it is not necessary.
That all turned out to be total bull. Nothing was true and I knew better. Just don't want anyone getting scammed. If you know of this guy please by all means turn him into the authorities. I've got several investigations underway, but it is likely a lost cause. I know the pinball community is not made up of losers like this. He will get banned, (at least that set of fake names) from the pinball classified. And who knows these facebook and instagram could be fake. Stay vigilant my friends.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that really what Checkpoint is going for now??
Wow. Only a couple years ago it was tough to get 1200 for one. It’s really not a good game. I should know!

That sucks, it looks like you did a lot of work. Scammers are getting more advanced. Maybe ask to FaceTime next time?
In truth, avoid Mr. pinball and always buy in person, “cash on the glass”.

#4 9 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wow. Only a couple years ago it was tough to get 1200 for one. It’s really not a good game. I should know!
That sucks, it looks like you did a lot of work. Scammers are getting more advanced. Maybe ask to FaceTime next time?
In truth, avoid Mr. pinball and always buy in person, “cash on the glass”.

Yep, In a lot of minds of people that been in the hobby long enough know it is still a $1200 or less pin. Mr Pinball classified is a known scammer site, Stop going there to buy pinball machines.

#5 8 days ago

The tip-off was the chicken in the tin foil pan, looks like it was embalmed.

#7 8 days ago

Sucks, trust is hard to come by nowadays. Buying long distance is always a gamble. I've gotten pics from angles that were perfect to hide imperfections. Sorry for your loss.

#8 8 days ago

Good luck mate , hopefully karma catches up with this cunt .

#9 8 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

If a car guy and in good shape, worth every penny of $2500+

Most are not "in good shape" though.

20221015_170122 (resized).jpg

#10 8 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

The tip-off was the chicken in the tin foil pan, looks like it was embalmed.

The chicken looks good. It appears to be covered in compound butter and herbs and stuffed full of goodies ready to go into the oven. Probably turned out fire

#11 8 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The chicken looks good. It appears to be covered in compound butter and herbs and stuffed full of goodies ready to go into the oven. Probably turned out fire

I am sure he stole that pic as well.

#12 8 days ago

Don’t forget the person pictured may also be stolen photo’s, unlikely the actual scammer

#13 8 days ago

Facebook says that he is a prep cook at Torchy's Tacos in Phoenix.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shonevis-Mike/100072795970542/

#14 8 days ago

Assemble to torch Torchy’s Tacos!

#15 8 days ago

"Pinball" was "listed" in Houston. Torchy's is in AZ. Chances are they are not the same guy.

#16 8 days ago

We should all flood his mailbox inquiring about the game. This sucks. Sorry to hear that. FaceTime or a video sent via text is always best if you aren't buying local. Ask for specific videos or have them send a picture of themselves doing something specific by the machine that you have asked.

#17 8 days ago

That sucks man. The guy pictured looks like someone broke his nose more than once.

#18 8 days ago
Quoted from corkgiants:

>
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I believe that this is considered Wire Fraud and would be the jurisdiction of the FBI, if you want to pursue criminal complaints.

#19 8 days ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

We should all flood his mailbox inquiring about the game.

Please don't dox or harass anyone.

The profile might be operated by the scammer, or the profile link that was shared may just be an innocent bystander who was impersonated by the scammer.

Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Don’t forget the person pictured may also be stolen photo’s, unlikely the actual scammer

Absolutely. No (reasonably smart) scammer uses their own photos or name. They generally steal those from someone else to mask themselves and cause confusion between their scam profile and the profile of the real person.

Please let the OP handle reporting of the profile & contact info. He did his due diligence in sharing the incident with the community, which is appreciated.

This is probably the 3 or 4th scam warning I've seen posted just in the past few weeks involving a remote sale, facebook, and venmo. So, let me stress this: DO NOT SEND MONEY TO STRANGERS. Ignore feelings of FOMO--scammers prey on this. Cash on the glass, send a friend to check out the game in person, or make sure the seller is known in the community. Even then, it's not a guarantee, especially considering the situation that happened on KLOV: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klov-community-scam

#20 8 days ago

Mr. Pinball really needs to be shut down.

#21 8 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am starting to think Mr. Pinball isn't even a real person.

#22 8 days ago

update...... coming soon.......... he wasn't the smartest scammer, let's just say that. Thank you Brtlkat for the stolen photo location, I checked just about everywhere but there obviously. I've got folks working on this right now.......

#23 8 days ago

BTW - if anyone has a legit lead on a nice Checkpoint, please let me know........{glutton for punishment}. I am in VA.

#24 8 days ago

That dudes nose has been broken more times then I've had hot lunch! Prob due to his excellent business tactics.

#25 8 days ago
Quoted from corkgiants:

BTW - if anyone has a legit lead on a nice Checkpoint, please let me know........{glutton for punishment}. I am in VA.

Try posting in this regional forum. A lot of good sellers in your area participate in this forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topics/user-favorited

#26 2 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

By who??? The Government?
I can honestly say that I have bought from sellers on that site "BUT" they were all within a distance I was willing to drive to.

#27 2 days ago

Christopher, aka Mike Shonevis is trying to scam again. Come on boys, you gotta give this scammer some grief. Give him more attention than he wants. This is absurd. I wrote to Daina and gave him all the details. Dont let anyone u know fall for this crap.

Screenshot_20230125_002201_Chrome (resized).jpg
#28 2 days ago

Oh how I miss the days of tar & feathers.
It would be nice to stop this scammer.

#29 1 day ago

How do I offer to stop in personally on Mr pinball?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rice, MN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!