(Topic ID: 82568)

Scammer alert Patrick Cruz... watch out for this guy!

By Concretehardt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

patric cruz.jpeg
    DanAckroyd.png
    th-606.jpeg
    carl-1.jpg
    al-bunde.gif
    Frasier_Crane_Shrink_Wrap_radio_station_KACL.jpg
    Dieric_Bouts_013.jpg
    image-597.jpg
    image-893.jpg
    image-933.jpg
    image-431.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Sorry for the long winded post but I don't like scammers skulking around on Pinside!
    Here is the story...
    I am looking for an MB and got a lead from a Pinsider who had an MB wanted add on pinside (he ended up finding an MB so he passed some leads onto me) one of them was Patrick [email protected] the guy is offering what appears to be a CQ MB for $3350 shipping included. What bugged me the most about this is that the guy responded to a WTB add here on Pinside.... It sounds like the typical scam, you send money and never get a game. Notice he was unwilling to let me pick the game up in person and after my last email asking him to write my email address on a piece of paper lay it on the playfield and take a picture of it he stopped contacting me, as he would actually have to have the game in his possession to take that pic.

Here are emails from Patrick and the pics he sent me.. Watch out for this guy!

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:58 PM, Concretehardt wrote:
    Hi Patrick,
    **** from Pinside gave me your contact info and told me that you may have a Monster Bash for sale? I am in Oregon and on the hunt for an MB so if you still have yours please email me pics and let me know what your best price is.
    Thanks very much

Subject: Re: MB pinball for sale
    Sent: Wed, Feb 26, 2014 10:41:18 PM

Yes i still got the machine , i have attached pictures of it am asking $3350 for it including the cost of shipping take a look and get back to me .

Regards.

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:54 Concretehardt wrote:
    $3350 shipped? That sounds like a pretty good price!

On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:12 PM, patrick cruz <[email protected]> wrote:

Sounds great too , now where do we head from here.

On Feb 27, 2014, at 5:06 PM, patrick cruz <[email protected]> wrote:

Not heard from you ? checking up on you

On Friday, February 28, 2014 3:34 AM, Concretehardt
    Patrick,
    I am planning a trip to LA so I could pick the game up in person. I don't like shipping games as I don't want the game to get damaged and I will be in the general area anyway.
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Thanks

On Friday, February 28, 2014 3:45 AM, patrick cruz <[email protected]> wrote:
    The pin is not gonna get damaged it would be crated very well and shipped via fedex freight it takes 2-3working days to get to you , i work with a construction firm and might be at site work when you are around which means i would not be able to meet up with you but one thing am very sure about is i can always have 20mins to drive the machine with my truck to the dropoff terminal.

Regards.

On Feb 28, 2014, at 6:55 PM, patrick cruz <[email protected]> wrote:

i guess no deal then ?

Date: February 28, 2014, 6:58:12 PM PST
    To: patrick cruz <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: MB pinball for sale

Patrick,
    Please send me a photo of the game with a piece of paper on the playfield that has my email address on it.
    Thanks

image-431.jpgimage-431.jpgimage-893.jpgimage-893.jpgimage-933.jpgimage-933.jpgimage-597.jpgimage-597.jpg

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Whoa. Sorry for sending you that lead, Concrete. It would be a lot safer to just deal with people who are frequent posters here. The good news is that this Patrick Cruz essentially outed himself as a scammer with his extremely low price and "Fed Ex" shipping. Only a dunce would have fallen for that.
    Glad you didn't get taken. Apologies again for the lead.

No worrys my friend its not your fault!
    By the way im still working on one of the other leads you gave me.
    Hopefully one of the days ill "get the band back togthaaa"
    Thanks again

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It look like its a done deal and I have secured this pin, sorry guys. You sit on here and mock his name but he is obviously a great guy and moved to New Mexico the past few days

Holy fast moves Flankman how can that be??? he was just in Lakeside CA days ago... See emails below

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:23 AM, Concretehardt <concretehardt> wrote:
    I was told you are located in CA ... What part?

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:57 AM, patrick cruz <[email protected]> wrote:
    Lakeside CA

4 weeks later
    #64 10 years ago

Holy crap Flank this guy is gunna have to rethink his career as a pathetically bad scammer.... Your really putting him thru the paces

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider concretehardt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scammer-alert-watch-out-for-this-guy?tu=concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.