New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 82568)

Scammer alert Patrick Cruz... watch out for this guy!

By Concretehardt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

patric cruz.jpeg
    DanAckroyd.png
    th-606.jpeg
    carl-1.jpg
    al-bunde.gif
    Frasier_Crane_Shrink_Wrap_radio_station_KACL.jpg
    Dieric_Bouts_013.jpg
    image-597.jpg
    image-893.jpg
    image-933.jpg
    image-431.jpg

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

Sorry for the long winded post but I don't like scammers skulking around on Pinside!
    Here is the story...
    I am looking for an MB and got a lead from a Pinsider who had an MB wanted add on pinside (he ended up finding an MB so he passed some leads onto me) one of them was Patrick patty197572@yahoo.com the guy is offering what appears to be a CQ MB for $3350 shipping included. What bugged me the most about this is that the guy responded to a WTB add here on Pinside.... It sounds like the typical scam, you send money and never get a game. Notice he was unwilling to let me pick the game up in person and after my last email asking him to write my email address on a piece of paper lay it on the playfield and take a picture of it he stopped contacting me, as he would actually have to have the game in his possession to take that pic.

Here are emails from Patrick and the pics he sent me.. Watch out for this guy!

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:58 PM, Concretehardt wrote:
    Hi Patrick,
    **** from Pinside gave me your contact info and told me that you may have a Monster Bash for sale? I am in Oregon and on the hunt for an MB so if you still have yours please email me pics and let me know what your best price is.
    Thanks very much

Subject: Re: MB pinball for sale
    Sent: Wed, Feb 26, 2014 10:41:18 PM

Yes i still got the machine , i have attached pictures of it am asking $3350 for it including the cost of shipping take a look and get back to me .

Regards.

On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:54 Concretehardt wrote:
    $3350 shipped? That sounds like a pretty good price!

On Feb 26, 2014, at 8:12 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:

Sounds great too , now where do we head from here.

On Feb 27, 2014, at 5:06 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:

Not heard from you ? checking up on you

On Friday, February 28, 2014 3:34 AM, Concretehardt
    Patrick,
    I am planning a trip to LA so I could pick the game up in person. I don't like shipping games as I don't want the game to get damaged and I will be in the general area anyway.
    Let me know if this works for you.
    Thanks

On Friday, February 28, 2014 3:45 AM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    The pin is not gonna get damaged it would be crated very well and shipped via fedex freight it takes 2-3working days to get to you , i work with a construction firm and might be at site work when you are around which means i would not be able to meet up with you but one thing am very sure about is i can always have 20mins to drive the machine with my truck to the dropoff terminal.

Regards.

On Feb 28, 2014, at 6:55 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:

i guess no deal then ?

Date: February 28, 2014, 6:58:12 PM PST
    To: patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com>
    Subject: Re: MB pinball for sale

Patrick,
    Please send me a photo of the game with a piece of paper on the playfield that has my email address on it.
    Thanks

image-431.jpgimage-893.jpgimage-933.jpgimage-597.jpg

#3 6 years ago

Agreed about idiots scammers on Pinside....thanks for the heads up...from all of us.

As far as any MB for under $4,500 - from a person who even knows how to find Pinside ......
    Kinda obviously garbage.

CL...sometimes people just do not have a clue and you find those deals, but never here.
    The one draw back of Pinside, we are all semi-smart shoppers.

Still..this is rare, so I'm personally glad you exposed this complete jerk-off.
    JEG-

#4 6 years ago

Scammers are the scourge of humanity.

Dieric_Bouts_013.jpg

#5 6 years ago

When you said, 3350 with shipping included. that told me it had to be a scam. It could have been the 1 in million shot, but just doing any research on "his" pin, he probably would have perpetuated the fraud better by asking for 6500.

It was worth checking out on your end, because you never know. You played it smart by being cautious and asking questions. Thanks for giving people the heads up on here.

#6 6 years ago

It's fun to try to get email scammers on the phone.

Then often only want to call you, not the other way around.

The excuse is they are busy traveling....lol.

#7 6 years ago

$3,350 shipping included? If you got that deal on a CQ MB and the seller found out the real value he would come I here and call you a scammer. Haha!

You played that situation right. Good call wanting him to email you a picture with your email address.

#8 6 years ago

So not enough time to let you see the machine, but no problem driving home to pick it up and ship it out? Sounds legit.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks for the heads up.

#10 6 years ago

Thanks for posting always good to know the douche canoes before meeting them in person.

#11 6 years ago

HA! That looks like my MB pin I got from Treasurecove a couple of years ago! I recognize that topper anywhere!

#12 6 years ago

Anytime you hear the word "regards" it's a scam. No exceptions.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from ranchdrsn:

like this...

"We're here to help. Regards, the IRS"

#14 6 years ago

Whoa. Sorry for sending you that lead, Concrete. It would be a lot safer to just deal with people who are frequent posters here. The good news is that this Patrick Cruz essentially outed himself as a scammer with his extremely low price and "Fed Ex" shipping. Only a dunce would have fallen for that.

Glad you didn't get taken. Apologies again for the lead.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

HA! That looks like my MB pin I got from Treasurecove a couple of years ago! I recognize that topper anywhere!

Yeah, those images are from their site... http://www.treasure-cove.net/Monster%20Bash_MS.htm

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Whoa. Sorry for sending you that lead, Concrete. It would be a lot safer to just deal with people who are frequent posters here. The good news is that this Patrick Cruz essentially outed himself as a scammer with his extremely low price and "Fed Ex" shipping. Only a dunce would have fallen for that.
    Glad you didn't get taken. Apologies again for the lead.

No worrys my friend its not your fault!
    By the way im still working on one of the other leads you gave me.
    Hopefully one of the days ill "get the band back togthaaa"
    Thanks again

#17 6 years ago

The lesson as always - never trust a email with pore grammer.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

The lesson as always - never trust a email with pore grammer.

What did you say about my pores?

Frasier_Crane_Shrink_Wrap_radio_station_KACL.jpg
    #19 6 years ago
    Quoted from ranchdrsn:

This feels right to me for some reason.

Regards;
    -S

#20 6 years ago

Great price is it still for sale???

#21 6 years ago

This is great - I'm glad to see the screws get put to this bozo.

That sad thing is, he's probably succeeded with these scams at least a few times or he wouldn't be trying to diligently to sell another phantom machine.

#22 6 years ago

Usually I ask them where the game is located. then whatever they say, i'll say something like, "that's perfect. I'm in that area all next week, i can stop by and pick it up and pay cash." then you will know in a second if it's a scam or not.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from ranchdrsn:

Best Regards trumps it.

Are best regards somehow superior to common garden variety regards?

#24 6 years ago

Has Robin blocked this guy yet?

#25 6 years ago

I love messing with scammers. You need to apologize and offer him more money and get the communications line open again. Then start asking personal questions, like "Are you a cat or a dog person?" or "Do you find the Muppets sexual?" Give him a taste of his own medicine. Lol

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

Best Regards trumps it.
    Are best regards somehow superior to common garden variety regards?

I use "best regards" or even "regards" everytime I write to people.. Be it here on pinside, over e-mail or anything else. As an European guy without having english as my native language I don't really know what to use other than regards or best regards.. Sincerely seems too personal, doesn't it? I don't know, but I think it's bad mannered to jump the gun simply due to a formality like that O.o

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from FrederikFrost:

I use "best regards" or even "regards" everytime I write to people.. Be it here on pinside, over e-mail or anything else. As an European guy without having english as my native language I don't really know what to use other than regards or best regards.. Sincerely seems too personal, doesn't it? I don't know, but I think it's bad mannered to jump the gun simply due to a formality like that O.o

I usually use Thank you or Thanks.

#28 6 years ago

Any MB for 3350 = SCAM. Period. No reason to communicate with the guy unless you enjoy messing with um. Which I enjoy doing from time to time.

#29 6 years ago

There's no MB for $3350 ,just not there

#30 6 years ago

Wow, that is one clean machine! Can you send me the seller's info, I wanna offer him $2750 and see if he'll go for it!

Best Regards!

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Has Robin blocked this guy yet?

I can block him, link me to a thread he has posted in.

#32 6 years ago

Good info. here, thanks for the heads up OP !

#33 6 years ago

Since you are overseas (from USA at least) "regards" to us would be like someone where you are at ending an e-mail with "Thanks so much". It would throw up red flags everywhere that the individual was not local...

#34 6 years ago

It look like its a done deal and I have secured this pin, sorry guys. You sit on here and mock his name but he is obviously a great guy and moved to New Mexico the past few days.

--------

Hello, I looking for this pin machine. I was lead to believe you may have a nice one for sales. Please email back when possible.

Regards,

Carl

-----

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:27 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    yea i do thanks

-----

Hello 

Yes, I very interested. If you could just send me 2 pictures to verify you have pin machine and the price I will pay asap.

Cheers,

Carl

-----

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:05 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    am asking $3350 for it including the cost of shipping.

-----

It beautiful, I take it, please list your home address and I will mail payment, consider it sold. Payment will be a cashier cheque for 4,000 so please take care of shipping and keep the rest for your troubles.

Regards,

Carl

-----

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:20 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Sorry but i dont accept checks .

-----

Hi Pat,

What form of payment do you require?

Regards,
    Carl

------

Never done checks before and dont really know how it works thats my curiosity ,  which postal service you plan using ? my work might not give me much time to go cash it , how about a telegraphic wire into my wife's bank account ? 
    Regards.

-----

Greetings,

I will send United States Postal Service money orders for your amount request. What is your address?

Salutations,

Carl

--------

On Monday, March 3, 2014 3:22 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:

P.o box 1674 santa cruz NM 87567 , thats my wife's  mail box you can have it posted there immediately , how long does it take to get delivered and doesnt it have tracking number to check its transit . After its being sent off get back to me with your shipping address note that i shall ship and send you tracking number as soon as payment is confirmed . text me anytime on
    619 289-8960.

Regards.

--------

Hi Patrick,

USPS will only deliver the postal money orders to a home address not a PObox, could I please send to your place of residence?

Regards,

Carl Shastaburgh

------

165 Pauline Walk , Española, NM 87532 is the home address .

#35 6 years ago

Salutations, lol...

#36 6 years ago

regards shastaburger

al-bunde.gif

Quoted from centerflank:

It look like its a done deal and I have secured this pin, sorry guys. You sit on here and mock his name but he is obviously a great guy and moved to New Mexico the past few days.
    --------
    Hello, I looking for this pin machine. I was lead to believe you may have a nice one for sales. Please email back when possible.
    Regards, Carl
    -----
    On Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:27 PM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    yea i do thanks
    -----
    Hello 
    Yes, I very interested. If you could just send me 2 pictures to verify you have pin machine and the price I will pay asap.

#37 6 years ago

google maps time

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It look like its a done deal and I have secured this pin, sorry guys. You sit on here and mock his name but he is obviously a great guy and moved to New Mexico the past few days

Holy fast moves Flankman how can that be??? he was just in Lakeside CA days ago... See emails below

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:23 AM, Concretehardt <concretehardt> wrote:
    I was told you are located in CA ... What part?

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:57 AM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Lakeside CA

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Holy fast moves Flankman how can that be??? he was just in Lakeside CA days ago... See emails below
    On Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:23 AM, Concretehardt <concretehardt> wrote:
    I was told you are located in CA ... What part?
    On Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:57 AM, patrick cruz <patty197572@yahoo.com> wrote:
    Lakeside CA

This sounds suspicious. Could he be lying about where he really is?

#40 6 years ago

"Is Patrick Cruz in CA or NM? Is Patrick a man/woman since his email is patty? When did centerflank change his name to Carl? And why Carl and not Hank, John, or Bruce? Is Patrick one of the tomorrow people?"

Stay tuned to this same bat channel and same bat time.

#41 6 years ago

pop open a can of shasta and grab some assorted deli meats

#42 6 years ago

I am entertained by the level of entertainment in this thread.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

"Is Patrick Cruz in CA or NM? Is Patrick a man/woman since his email is patty? When did centerflank change his name to Carl? And why Carl and not Hank, John, or Bruce? Is Patrick one of the tomorrow people?"

Is your name mocking me, BadBilly27?

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I figured since his Avatar was of Carl from Aqua teen hunger force, it fits.

#45 6 years ago

Are we bombarding that PO box with letters?

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

Is your name mocking me, BadBilly27?

He may just be,but if so,he got it wrong. Should have been BadBill79.
    If it's real,he has what has to be the most impressive group of pins on this site. Worth more than my house, 401k,and Corvette in the garage combined,and just lacks originality.

#47 6 years ago

Google maps says no such address. How very surprising.

#48 6 years ago

There is nothing wrong with using "regards" or "best regards", I don't know what those guys are going on about. It is a common practice in formal letter writing.

Best regards,

PEN

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

It beautiful, I take it, please list your home address and I will mail payment, consider it sold. Payment will be a cashier cheque for 4,000 so please take care of shipping and keep the rest for your troubles.

Regards,

Carl

Every single character of this is like, genius.

#50 6 years ago

flanker > wait a few days and then tell him your money order was returned due to incorrect address.

No suprise the address he gives is from a junkie and meth hot spot...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 6.00
    Lighting - Led
    Arcade Upkeep
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 24.00
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside