• Latest reply 2 years ago by fanuminski
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1896 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fanuminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I've put off a desire to tell my story of getting ripped off by a pinsider (who has had a game with Dutch Pinball I'm told)
and thought I'd share here. At least it will make me feel a bit better - since I've heard nothing back from the unscrupulous guy.
His Pinsider name is Sebastian. (Sebastian Verhoog) He is supposedly a buyer of prototype pins only - so he told me.

He had an extensive history on pinside as seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sebastian/forum

He posted a "what are these ramps" https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unknown-nos-ramps
and was told the first ramp was for Alvin G's Mystery Castle.
As owning one of these pins, I was excited to get this ramp to supplement my cracked one.
I contacted him and we agreed on a price of $300 Euro + shipping - which cost me about $500 US

Stupid me, I sent him Paypal money via friends.
He sent me many pictures of the boxed up item and it took about 30 days to arrive.
Lo and behold- he sent me the wrong ramp - one for Alvin G Pistol Poker.
The day I opened the box and contacted him with the discrepancy, he deactivated his Pinside acount and ghosted
me on email correspondence.

[ prior to that we've had many exchanges - one example here:

Good morning Mike. Packing of the ramp is not the problem. I packed a lot of ramps and other pinball parts and it never arrived dameged. I’m a collector and not selling part professionelly but i can pack
The ramp is 100% ok. On the pic the ramp looks yellow but it is the lightbulb that created that effect. The ramp is 100% clear and was always stored in a box.
The price i’m selling for is 300 euro. I don’t know how much the shipping is but if you agreed on the price i can figure it out.

I had a few MM’s in my life. The last one was a MM restored by Chris Hutchins. I’m a prototype collector and almost all my pins are true prototypes. Never found the proto MM but i’m still looking. You're topper looks awesom. Really, it does looks great.]

He had been supplying me with pictures of the box etc... and told me to let him know when it arrived.
everything looked OK to me.

Please look at the pics and you'll see what he sent me and what it should've been.
I really think that he sold the Mystery CAstle ramp for big bucks to someone else and then thought
he could fool me with the alvin G ramp.

Either way, he's low scum inho.

So, I ended up selling the Pistol Poker ramp for $200 US
I'm out $300 -- and told Sebastian in an email (whether he got it or not) that I would take (and like) $200 US returned to me.

Maybe other pinsiders who read this know him (or of him) and can spread a bit of warning/caution.

I feel better now (a bit) . it's not the end of the world... even though I'm starving and on Social Security. (well not the starving part lol)

thanks for listening
Mike
PS> his address is for a storage facility - not a home address or I would have whitened it out
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_1896 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_1896 (resized).jpg

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Did you pay with a CC via PayPal?

no. I was stupid and paid with bank account. already tried PayPal and they couldn't help me.

he sent lots of pics of the boxed package and tracking number. lots of emails too.
he either effed up and sent wrong ramp or knowingly sent wrong but slightly similar ramp.
I choose the latter. either way, what a scumbag.
I was told by one pinsider that he has had one of his machines in Dutch pinball (museum?)
hopefully, if that's the case, I wish I were there to put a note on it. lol

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I don’t know him really well but we exchange messages couple of years ago and seems a nice guy.
Now it’s strange that he has deactivated his account after shipping the wrong ramp.
Did he proposed some money in compensation ?
Seems unfair to me... if he could come back, at least he could answer. Not the right move to go away.

he ghosted me . never replied to emails nor PM here (deactivated his account)

1 week later
#15 2 years ago

as expected, haven't heard anything back from emails sent. I may just keep "bumping" this thread to keep the scroundel's name present

1 week later
#16 2 years ago

weekly bump to inform

1 week later
#18 2 years ago

hmmm.... I think I can learn a few pointers from this thread ... although I'm not too familiar with the throat punch technique

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/andrew-harris-screwed-me-over

3 weeks later
#20 2 years ago

still no reply from this "pinsider" - hmmm , wonder why? just my monthly bump to keep his
name (Sebastian Verhoog) present.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St Charles, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fanuminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scammed-by-pinsider-sebastian-from-netherlands?tu=fanuminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.