2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by 85vett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5863 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5862 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

I received an unsolicited text today from 770-966-6463 offering to sell me a machine I've been looking for for some time. He said he had that and another machine for sale, and provided pictures of the other machine (but not the one that I was looking for). His two pictures didn't match up (different text on the backglass) and he claimed it was due to differences in the weather. After taking two seconds online, I found where he stole the pictures from.

His goal was to get me to Moneygram him some cash, which I never really entertained doing. Just wanted to see what he was going to say and identify if he was scamming, and it appears so. Once I confronted him with the pictures not being from the same machine, he stopped talking to me. Just a warning to anyone else who gets a message from this number; be careful, he likely doesn't have any machines at all and just wants to steal your money.

Edit: added the full number

#2 2 years ago

Thank-you for the heads up!!!

#3 2 years ago

What's his number so I can set up an automatic text every 2mins asking him if he has any machines for sale.

#4 2 years ago

I did report him to the local police as well, hopefully he didn't get anyone to fall for it already.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

What's his number so I can set up an automatic text every 2mins asking him if he has any machines for sale.

That would be hilarious
    -Mike

#6 2 years ago

These were the two images he tried to pass off as his other machine for sale. He was shocked when I said it's not the same machine and said it was different because of the weather.

IMG_5862 (resized).JPG

IMG_5863 (resized).JPG

#7 2 years ago

Yes I guess humidity as a tendency to change peoples mood and hair styles, also remove hairy legs

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yes I guess humidity as a tendency to change peoples mood and hair styles, also remove hairy legs

Don't forget a westerly wind can change text as well.

#9 2 years ago

Did you want "the bootles" machine or "the Beatles"

Thanks for the heads up!

#10 2 years ago

Sweet, full phone number has been added. It's go time.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rock914:

use burner phone

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from enkiktd:

These were the two images he tried to pass off as his other machine for sale. He was shocked when I said it's not the same machine and said it was different because of the weather.

Yeah, that's pretty awful, thanks for the heads up.

I've read that you generally don't want to let the scammers know what they did wrong (e.g. pics are from different machines). It helps them correct their errors for the next time.

#13 2 years ago

He is working me too. When I decided I was going to not talk to him anymore, he was offering to ship big buck hunter to me for $4000. Sure $4000 delivered is reasonable until you factor in he said he could send it FedEx next day. Perhaps I'm missing out on an amazing deal.

#14 2 years ago

Well well well... let's have some fun.....

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from edwinpblue:

He is working me too. When I decided I was going to not talk to him anymore, he was offering to ship big buck hunter to me for $4000. Sure $4000 delivered is reasonable until you factor in he said he could send it FedEx next day. Perhaps I'm missing out on an amazing deal.

I believe FedEx Next day offers COD. Offer that up and see what he says

Thanks for the heads up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 21.00
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 16.95
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside