Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ClaytonsCorner
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hlg (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    8 (resized).jpg
    7 (resized).jpg
    6 (resized).jpg
    5 (resized).jpg
    4 (resized).jpg
    2 (resized).jpg
    3 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

homeluxurygames.com/product/stranger-things-premium-pinball-machine/

#2 1 year ago

Strange site. All the new Sterns are half price and all the 90s B/W games are twice wgat they should be

#3 1 year ago

Ripped off from The Pinball Company site. The scam must work at least sometimes because they keep doing it.

#4 1 year ago

Someone in San Fran should visit their showroom!

#5 1 year ago

More details on this particular scam:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pinballenthusiasts/permalink/3424366504262919/

pasted_image (resized).png6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).png4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
    #6 1 year ago

I like how the Free Play Version is less expensive, add the $249.00 coin slots and it goes up a grand... fun math...

5 months later
    #7 9 months ago

This site HomeLuxuryGames.com is no more.
    The scam was actually being run by Douglas and Sheryl Mick from Canton, Georgia.

I got took, but I won in the end.

My only pinball machine is my F-14 tomcat that I bought from the Salvation Army at an auction around 20 years ago. I want a new machine, but my inexperience almost screwed me.

I found HomeLuxuryGames.com and bought the Jurassic Park Premium pinball machine. I did a little research before making the purchase including checking to see if there was anything on Pinside about the company, but I didn’t find this thread until taking a second look after making my mistake.

I canceled the order and requested a refund the next day and the fight began. I kept getting strung along with promises of a refund and excuses, but no money was forthcoming. I filed a dispute with PayPal, but they completed their investigation the same day I filed and denied it. I was sure PayPal would have my back, but now that it’s over I’ve closed my account and won’t use PayPal again.

On a whim, I did request money from HomeLuxuryGames.com via PayPal and they immediately sent an echeck – which bounced of course – twice.

I hunted down the owners starting with the email address I sent money to on PayPal. They’ve scrubbed themselves from the web pretty good, but I managed to find their current and former home addresses as well as some email addresses and phone numbers. I kept sending emails to them, but they would not respond. I found the email they used on PayPal didn’t accept incoming mail at all, but the other emails did. After I escalated, they kept trying to call me, but I wouldn’t answer the phone as I wanted documentation for any communications. They use VOIP phone numbers from different states and even finally got one with a Texas area code just to try to get me to answer the phone. It’s my policy to not answer the phone if the number isn’t in my contact list unless I’m expecting a call from a doctor or something.

I found that the address provided for their headquarters and showroom actually belonged to a company called Earth Class Mail. I contacted them and they filed a cease and desist order against HomeLuxuryGames.com.

Although their headquarters are supposed to be in San Francisco, California, the owners actually live in Georgia – for now. I found that they have move around a LOT based on the other addresses in different states.

I filed complaints with the BBB, Fraud.org (referred to by the FBI website) the Attorney General (in Georgia because that’s where the owners currently live and the headquarters address in California was fake) and others.

After PayPal denied my dispute, I filed a dispute with American Express. Unlike PayPal, they did an actual investigation and must have actually looked at my documentation. After a week they took my side and gave me my money back.

The best part is, I just checked the HomeLuxuryGames.com website and low and behold, their account has been suspended. No doubt they’ll just create, or likely already have, other scam sites. It's probably wishful thinking, but maybe the company in Panama where they registered their site suspended any other websites they have.

They didn’t know who they were messing with. I can be very tenacious. Years ago, an Ebay seller took my money, but never sent the item. It took three months and I knew every minutia about him and his life, but I got my money back and a year later he emailed me a threat because he was still being harassed by consumer agencies. At least that one wasn’t me being stupid. Back then, I fought for $45. Imagine my determination in going after HLG. One can only assume that with government agencies investigating them that they will likely move yet again to a different state. I just hope it isn't Texas.

This is the first time in my life I allowed myself to get taken like this. It was a hard lesson, but it was lesson learned. If it’s too good to be true then it’s probably not true.

I still want to buy that Jurassic Park Premium. I just need to make sure it’s from a legitimate site.

hlg (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #9 9 months ago

In reference to your information on Paypal.

I have been using Paypal for about 7 or 8 years. In the past, their dispute service was fairly honest.

Unfortunately, I have noticed in the past year that they now have a tendency to simply deny any requests for refunds, regardless of how appropriate the refund request is. I think this is probably an internal company decision to reduce their losses from fraud.

I no longer fund any paypal transactions from a bank account or cash in paypal, because I now know there isn't actually any protection, unless its a transaction I have absolutely faith in.

Jon

Quoted from kcirrick:

This site HomeLuxuryGames.com is no more.
    The scam was actually being run by Douglas and Sheryl Mick from Canton, Georgia.
    I got took, but I won in the end.
    My only pinball machine is my F-14 tomcat that I bought from the Salvation Army at an auction around 20 years ago. I want a new machine, but my inexperience almost screwed me.
    I found HomeLuxuryGames.com and bought the Jurassic Park Premium pinball machine. I did a little research before making the purchase including checking to see if there was anything on Pinside about the company, but I didn’t find this thread until taking a second look after making my mistake.
    I canceled the order and requested a refund the next day and the fight began. I kept getting strung along with promises of a refund and excuses, but no money was forthcoming. I filed a dispute with PayPal, but they completed their investigation the same day I filed and denied it. I was sure PayPal would have my back, but now that it’s over I’ve closed my account and won’t use PayPal again.
    On a whim, I did request money from HomeLuxuryGames.com via PayPal and they immediately sent an echeck – which bounced of course – twice.
    I hunted down the owners starting with the email address I sent money to on PayPal. They’ve scrubbed themselves from the web pretty good, but I managed to find their current and former home addresses as well as some email addresses and phone numbers. I kept sending emails to them, but they would not respond. I found the email they used on PayPal didn’t accept incoming mail at all, but the other emails did. After I escalated, they kept trying to call me, but I wouldn’t answer the phone as I wanted documentation for any communications. They use VOIP phone numbers from different states and even finally got one with a Texas area code just to try to get me to answer the phone. It’s my policy to not answer the phone if the number isn’t in my contact list unless I’m expecting a call from a doctor or something.
    I found that the address provided for their headquarters and showroom actually belonged to a company called Earth Class Mail. I contacted them and they filed a cease and desist order against HomeLuxuryGames.com.
    Although their headquarters are supposed to be in San Francisco, California, the owners actually live in Georgia – for now. I found that they have move around a LOT based on the other addresses in different states.
    I filed complaints with the BBB, Fraud.org (referred to by the FBI website) the Attorney General (in Georgia because that’s where the owners currently live and the headquarters address in California was fake) and others.
    After PayPal denied my dispute, I filed a dispute with American Express. Unlike PayPal, they did an actual investigation and must have actually looked at my documentation. After a week they took my side and gave me my money back.
    The best part is, I just checked the HomeLuxuryGames.com website and low and behold, their account has been suspended. No doubt they’ll just create, or likely already have, other scam sites. It's probably wishful thinking, but maybe the company in Panama where they registered their site suspended any other websites they have.
    They didn’t know who they were messing with. I can be very tenacious. Years ago, an Ebay seller took my money, but never sent the item. It took three months and I knew every minutia about him and his life, but I got my money back and a year later he emailed me a threat because he was still being harassed by consumer agencies. At least that one wasn’t me being stupid. Back then, I fought for $45. Imagine my determination in going after HLG. One can only assume that with government agencies investigating them that they will likely move yet again to a different state. I just hope it isn't Texas.
    This is the first time in my life I allowed myself to get taken like this. It was a hard lesson, but it was lesson learned. If it’s too good to be true then it’s probably not true.
    I still want to buy that Jurassic Park Premium. I just need to make sure it’s from a legitimate site.
    [quoted image]

8 months later
    #10 17 days ago

This site is still up and running and thanks to this thread they didn't get me!!!! I must admit the site looks very legit. Please don't fall for this Scam.

#11 16 days ago
    Quoted from Lovetoplaypinbal:

This site is still up and running and thanks to this thread they didn't get me!!!! I must admit the site looks very legit. Please don't fall for this Scam.

There is a sticky thread on these scam sites:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-of-scam-game-seller-websites

#12 16 days ago

Seriously, how easy is it to scam pinball people? That site is such an obvious scam.

How many machines are pictured and for sale on that site?

And every pic seems to be taken in a different room.

Not to mention the 'other' games appearing in those pictures mysteriously aren't for sale.

Some of those pictures are clearly in someone's home, and this is supposed to be a business.

So many red flags.

#13 16 days ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Seriously, how easy is it to scam pinball people? That site is such an obvious scam.
    How many machines are pictured and for sale on that site?
    And every pic seems to be taken in a different room.
    Not to mention the 'other' games appearing in those pictures mysteriously aren't for sale.
    Some of those pictures are clearly in someone's home, and this is supposed to be a business.
    So many red flags.

Pinball machines cost a lot of money.

These sites - no matter how shitty - offer people the fantasy of acquiring these games for less money.

It’s really that simple. Fantasy always more attractive than reality.

1 week later
    #14 4 days ago

The HLG site came up on a google search for the dimensions of a pin I am trying to buy and in reading on in the ad I came across this in their "Free Shipping" statement (Note: they are supposed to be located in San Francisco):

"Free Delivery & Installation (worth $150):

Delivery & Installation is free to most locations within mainland US.

However for locations further north than Glasgow or in Cornwall there may be an additional charge depending upon your exact location. Please call our friendly customer service team on +1628-225-2444 for a quote.

Delivery and Installation will be made to the ground floor room of your choice, provided we can park our delivery van near to your property, have easy access and no steps or steep slopes to negotiate.

Important: Please check the measurements for the pinball machine above and ensure it will fit through your doorways."

Glasgow or Cornwall??? Like Glasgow Washington or Cornwall Montana? LOL!!!
    Seriously, watch out for scams! I got taken for a $100 deposit in my ignorance on how prevalent scammers are in the pinball world. Pinside is one of the best resources for sure. And as the old saying goes 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside