(Topic ID: 217554)

Scam Or No Scam

By jkashani

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.18.43 AM (resized).png
    images(3).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Repainted cabinet? New playfield? New rails, buttons, legs? Non-glare glass? Restored coindoor & lockdown bar? 100% working? Smells like a scam to me.

#3 5 years ago

If it’s too good to be true....

...but then again if it’s something you can go and physically touch and see with your own eyes...

#4 5 years ago

I sniffed out a nigerian scammer (really from Nigeria) on a fb group last week. Be careful.

#5 5 years ago

Ask one real and one fake question. Like, "have you replaced all the rubber rings?"and "did you adjust the lift coils?"

#6 5 years ago

Scammers are getting more literate. Got offered a nice Paragon BG I needed from a Mr Pinball ad. $250 delivered and got pictures. Offered Paypal then got the enviable Western Union crap. Did an image search on google to find the pics that were sent. Perfect grammar till the last when they thought money was coming.

#7 5 years ago

There is a guy selling a Dialed In on Mr Pinball for 7k in AK. Once you start asking questions, you can sniff these guys out.

#8 5 years ago

Facebook post is marked "sold". If it was real, it's the steal of the year.

#9 5 years ago

it was fake. i asked who manufactured the new mpu in there and he stopped responding after we were messaging back and fourth. he saw my message and ignored it.

#10 5 years ago

I saw this same post earlier today.

I got really excited but calmed down and gave it some thought. Clicked on the profile and what I saw just seemed really fake.

#11 5 years ago

it got listed for sale in a different for sale group on fb and not even a minute later it was sold. fishy....

#12 5 years ago

What was it? I don’t have Facebook

#13 5 years ago

it was a centaur for 2800

#14 5 years ago

Ahh nuts, damn scammers.

#15 5 years ago

Ask if there's a Johnson rod installed next to the coils. His answer should tell you if it's a scam or not.

images(3).jpgimages(3).jpg

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

I saw this same post earlier today.
    I got really excited but calmed down and gave it some thought. Clicked on the profile and what I saw just seemed really fake.

Same here....

#17 5 years ago

It’s slways a scam

#18 5 years ago

Nothing on Facebook is real. NOTHING.

Even the “real” people on it are just people living fake lives (posing for fake moments in photos). It is all a huge ball of fake. People just keeping up appearances for their friends. If you think about it you’ll see I’m right.

Try this: change your Facebook birthday to today. 100 people will message you Happy Birthday. Then repeat next week. Same thing. No one on that site really thinks or cares they just compulsively post nonsense.

But hey - you get photos of the things people cook for dinner so that’s something.

#19 5 years ago

facebook is now called Fraudbook or Fakebook

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ahh nuts, damn scammers.

these asshole scammers never give up and even when you point them out they still keep trying and then they start making you feel bad for them.talk about a lot of patience they have,i hope every scammer gets cancer in the eyes.i would not even piss on them if they were set on fire,from the stories i hear about their scams really hurt people and even to the point of some people commiting suicide.Very Sad Man

2 weeks later
    #21 5 years ago

Just an update to this, looks like multiple people got scammed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10103687528894635&set=gm.965075277003158&type=3&theater

This guy also posted a Fathom that was too good to be true.

Guys and gals, BE CAREFUL out there.

#22 5 years ago

For those without facebook...

Most likely the person in the photos are not of the actual scammer.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.18.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-09 at 8.18.43 AM (resized).png
    #23 5 years ago

That's really a shame. Some people suck.

#24 5 years ago

3 Words. Cash and Carry!!

#25 5 years ago

That's Fu#ked uped! Some people man, some people.

#26 5 years ago

Pinball is the perfect target for scammers, they’re expensive toys purchased by people with disposable income who most of the time aren’t willing to travel long distances to check them out or pick them up. Just one gullible person can net them several thousand $$$.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scam-or-no-scam-1?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.